Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Toyota Corolla

Comments

• kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    Actually it was Toyota, Mack. Solid sources.

Now some things have to fall into place..
    ..fuel going to $4 or $5 or $6 a gallon is the key one.
    ..new CAFE standards like the Hill-Terry bill that Toyota and GM and Ford and Chrysler all support will mandate a 'blended average' FE of 32 mpg. The Senate bill which is being negotiated is stiffer yet at 35 mpg for the entire fleet. If this is the case then the sales of small cars are going to have to shoot up at the expense of everything else.
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    I don't trust most anything that comes from the US corporate offices. Now that Jim Press, Farley and who else is leaving I think I know what is happening. The Japanese got tired of the decline in quality with Toyota in the US and made a clean break. Backy, it was the Corona and not the Corolla.
    Mackabee
    the car comes with the smart key system, nav, leather, moonroof, bluetooth, alloys for around 20k You may have to kiss the Camry goodbye as the number one seller in the US but I highly doubt it. The mid size family sedan is every manufacturers big money maker other than trucks.
    Mack
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    You can look at the price of a Civic EX with leather and nav and know it will not have all that stuff for $20K.
    You can already option a 2008 LE with cloth seats and no nav to over $20K MSRP.
    Expect a 2009 with everything to be more like around $23-24K MSRP fully loaded.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,669
    Just think of that - a $24K Corolla. Times truly have moved on...

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

I don't think we'll get the SKS like they have in Europe, but I may be wrong, but all the other options are definitely going to be available.

However I think the price will be an XRS, with whichwever upgraded engine they use, fully loaded, at about $23000. This to me makes perfect sense. It's about $2500 less than a Camry 2.4L XLE but without leather and no SKS either.

So a buyer at $22000-$23000 can opt for a bigger Camry 2.4L LE with standard options - or - a sportier top-of-the-line Corolla with Toyota's most modern 4c engine.
    I don't think the American public is ready for a 23k Corolla no matter how many goodies are in it. Maybe not the smart key but why not the push button start? Even the Nissan Sentra has the push button start.
    :)
    Mackabee
    Just adding up the known options to a probable XRS base will give a $22-$23000 loaded model. It won't be a big seller but it depends on how nice the interiors are. Euro-nice? Mini-Lexus-nice? There might be a nice niche down the road if people start parking their SUVs in favor or an upscale small commuter. $5 or $6 a gallon fuel will make this segment very very hot.
    the base engine in the '09 gets the Corolla back to a 40 mpg rating (highway, manual shift)...

• mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,666
    The current one gets an estimated 41 mpg highway under the old EPA testing, and I think 38 mpg under the new testing. I'd bet the new one will be just as good, even though it may be heavier.
    In six days. I can't wait to see the Matrix image. I hope I'm not disappointed.!
    Mack
    I bet the new one will be just as good too. But I want it to be BETTER than the outgoing model. ;-)

• novanova Posts: 135
    Are you saying the new redesigned 08 matrix is coming in 6 days.I have not seen any info on them. Are there any 08's on the lots or is your car the first one you know of?
    Thanks from south FL.
    It will be the new redesigned 2009 Matrix and Corolla. They will be revealed at the 2007 SEMA show in Las Vegas on Halloween night. You can get more info on this site: link title
    Mackabee

p.s. they will go on sale in mid February/ early March 2008
    Maybe, but left hand drive photos from other countries have been posted before and the side marker lights usually do not not make it to US models.
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
    The Sandman :)
  • cubssoxscubssoxs Posts: 139
    well what does everyone think about the new corolla and matrix?
    also when are we going to find out the prices of these new models?
    I like that it has factory nav, but I don't like that it isn't better integrated into the dash. It looks just like a standard double-din aftermarket unit and that will tempt thieves that may assume they can steal it expecting it to work in any car with double-din slot.

For just a few more dollars they could have made a custom plastic face plate that exactly matched and flush-fit the dash.

I would probably skip navi on it because you can do very little with Toyota navi systems while driving. You will have to pull over and stop and this may be very inconvenient if you're not near an exit and dangerous if you're in a bad neighborhood when you stop. There are lots of places where it is difficult to find any place to legally stop and park.
    I wish you could enter addresses by voice like you can with the latest Honda nav systems.

I think it "looks" good, but the real test will be if it "feels" good. I hope they have replaced the awkward driving position with something more ergonomic and comfortable. More seat and steering wheel adjustment was needed compared to old models.

http://www.motivemagazine.com/gallery/gallery.html?c=show_album;p=Manufacturers/- - - - - - - - - Toyota/Corolla/2009-Present

I like the Corolla, as a mini Camry, a lot better than the new Matrix. The interior is sharper and more up to date of course. The XRS with leather, Navi and BT will be very very sharp IMO.

I'm surprised and disappointed that the 2.4L has been dropped into the top trims. Turbo option?