Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS 460/LS 460L Styling Impressions

Comments

• sysweisyswei Posts: 1,804
    Kevin,

Is the Century going to be coming to the U.S. in some form?
  • lexusguylexusguy Posts: 6,419
    I think the next LS is going to be a real stunner. The 2001 LS430 was a some what evolutionary step over the LS400. The LS460 should really take things to another level.
  • rgswrgsw Posts: 334
    Here's hoping they don't screw up the gas mileage.
  • mikegillermikegiller Posts: 602
    It would be great if you can as well provide some info on your development of the Century and its V-12 as you and your team are working on if. I am as well very interested on the evolution of this car and owning.
  • chris65amgchris65amg Posts: 372
    ""Here's hoping they don't screw up the gas mileage.""

I hope they don't. Doesn't the current LS get something like 18-25 or so? That's really good for a land yacht (affectionate name for large luxury sedans).
  • rgswrgsw Posts: 334
    I believe that I have 22MPG on 5000 miles city/country driving so far. On the way to Denver from Albuquerque, I got almost 29 mpg (tailwind) and 24 mpg (headwind) on the way home. Very good for a strong V-8. I don't really want any more horsepower.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    It's not that big, chris - it just has a V-8. The current Town Car will beat those numbers.....and it's big.
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Posts: 1,289
    Yeah, the Town Car may get better MPG figures than a LS430, but how much power does that thing have, BTW??? There is a huge disparity there.
    There's also the fact that its a Lincoln Town Car, probably the biggest joke in the luxury auto biz.
    ""It's not that big, chris - it just has a V-8. The current Town Car will beat those numbers.....and it's big.""

No it won't. The Town Car is rated at 18/25 and the LS430 is also rated at 18/25. Considering that the LS430 makes 290 hp and the Town Car makes only 239 also makes the LS430 a much stronger car. The Town Car is outclassed. Also, the LS is a big car. Granted, not as big as a Town Car, but still big nonetheless. The Town Car also still uses the old 4-speed when many land yachts have 5 or 6 speeds.
  • mikegillermikegiller Posts: 602
    Also to add: The LS430 (4.3L) can out-accelerate a Q45 (4.5L) with .2 more displacement and 55 more HP (345 HP) which is a big feat itself, it brings to the attention just how fast the new LS models will be! :surprise:
  • navigator89navigator89 Posts: 1,080
    I just hope they improve the looks and handling of the car, two important features in this segment. Lexuses have never been known for handling, so hopefully there will be some improvement there. The looks of the car right now aren't offensive, but just boring. It would be nice to give it the touches it needs to look athletic.

Finally I hope Lexus brings out a long wheelbase version with maybe a V12. Most of its competitors have one.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    It's not that big - that's all I said, Quite the flame job for stating a fact, I think.

I LIKE the LS-430, I'm currently shopping for one, I think they are the best driving Sedanola on the planet - I merely stated that they aren't that big! And they're not, especially inside. I feel cramped in there.

Lighten up, people. Of course, it's nice to know you're all awake. :P
    Anyone else see the bit on the LS600h in July's R&T? They say its going to use a 4.6L with 400hp, no mention of the rumored 5.0. Also, the cg picture doesnt look anything like the sketch. It has Scion tC headlights and an IS350 body style.
    I read that R&T. I really hope that they have the LS500 though. It seems to be a keeper. The LS500 would be an 8-cylinder, yes? Because it wouldn't entirely surprise me if they sprung out a V-10, because that's what they are tenatively planning for the supercar. I thought that the LS500 pic said it was a V8 but I might just be blowing steam.
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Posts: 1,289
    Toyota is merely using the current LS's shell to test hardware for the next LS. It's not like the 2007 LS will BE the EXACT same exterior as the current LS.
  • sysweisyswei Posts: 1,804
    I thought it was maybe someone's joke photoshop work, but I see what you're saying about it possibly being a test shell. Though if that's the explanation I don't understand what the rear fender flare would be for. Lexus engineers playing a joke on MB?
  • ljflxljflx Posts: 4,661
    Let's remember these Lexus people treat every new design like its Top Secret. Only OAC's [non-permissible content removed] auto mag has gotten their hands on that sketch so far and it indeed looks more like a new LFS car than anything anyone else has published. I wonder who's not working at the company as a result.

Wbwynn - Never doubt the LS is all I can say. This 2007 model is going to really blow us away though. But I'm loving every second I drive my 2004 car. But so is my wife who dumped the GX on me and violated our agreement that the LS was mine and the GX was hers.
    Remember the pictures of the next Jaguar XK, when it was just an XJ sedan with the rear doors chopped off? This is definitely NOT the next LS, Lexus is most likely just testing the next platform.