Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultimate AWD Sports Sedans

1222324252628»

Comments

• I didn't like my test drive of the G37x. I didn't feel in control of the car. It was powerful without the requisite handling for that power, in my opinion. It was too soft and bouncy of a ride. The salesman told me that I might like the handling better if I got the wider wheels that usually come on the Sport package. I didn't try it with those wheels. I decided not to retest the G37X because I looked up the true cost to own numbers on all of the sedans I was looking at and the Infiniti was the most expensive to own over 5 years, even next to the BMW. It must not hold its value as well as the other cars.
    Another thing that dissuaded me about the G37X was the lack of fold down back seats. The passthrough for skis or a fishing rod doesn't cut it for me. I need more flexibility than that with the cargo space.
    I was very surprised how much I loved driving the Audi on the test drive. I never liked Audi's and I only drove it because a friend of my told me I should check it out.
    I am an aggressive driver, but I am not a drag racing, rude, weaving, dangerous driver. I am not taking my car to a race track. The A4 has plenty of power for me. It feels fantastic on the road. I live in an area with extremely short entrance ramps onto highways and this car accelerates from 0-60 in 6.5 seconds which is plenty fast.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    You sure? ALG gives the G25 and G37 a perfect 5 stars for residual value.
  • knr5knr5 Posts: 84

Here is a brief update on my situation, since I started this thread many moons ago.:)

I traded in my 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport for a 2006 G35 Sport in May 2006, both RWD MT sedans. Last year I was planning on replacing my 2006 model with a new one from Infiniti. I saw that it would now be called the Q50 and would be more technologically enabled (not necessarily a huge plus for me). However, I was put off by the news that MT would not be an option. At the time there was no news about continuing the G37 for one more year alongside (presumably with all the configurations). So I started looking around for alternatives. I wanted MT, and would prefer AWD, in an upscale, sporty sedan. I bought a 2013 Acura TL SH-AWD MT (the only configuration with MT) in March 2013. While it is not a sport sedan in the mold of the G, its charms have grown on me. It is a very capable touring sedan with hidden reserves of handling prowess. It comes with a lot of technology and luxury touches. I am very, very, happy with my choice. In my book it is a unique car (try to find AWD MT cars in the midsize sedan category with sufficient power and creature comforts). Moreover, it is a compelling value in its class -- comparable cars from BMW or Audi cost at least 10k more.

So, that is my current ride which happens to be, for me , the ultimate AWD MT sedan!:)

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,949
    A reporter is hoping to find BMW owners who might have models with recalled airbags (mostly '00-'06 3 Series.) Please email PR@edmunds.com if you are able to have a quick conversation with the reporter today.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.