Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Tahoe Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• jbwilkjbwilk Posts: 5
    We also did 6yrs on our Tahoe, with the same concept, kick in more on the payment, in our case when the other car is paid off in a few years. It definately kept the payment down, and we too hope to own it a long time.

We bought used, so we used our credit union and got a decent rate.

Msg. #185 For our Tahoe. :)
  • zoesamzoesam Posts: 33
    Just a note on fake names - keep in mind that dealerships all have caller ID & they grab your # the second you call.
    My understanding from books I've read on car buying is that they start a digital file on you the second you have first contact with them. So the fake name thing may make them lose respect (like they had any to begin with lol) for you.
    Every dealer I've called, when they ask me for my phone #, I ask if they already have it & they admit they do.

Unfortunately, like Edward23, I experienced a lot of dealers letting me walk. Tahoes are in short supply here, the 08's haven't hit the lots in any significant numbers & the one I wanted had been sitting on their lot for 577 days. Didn't matter. They were still unwilling to negotiate as much as I expected.

Question, re; the supplier & GM discount? Do you have to tell the dealer. Back in 92 we bought a Ford (that we still have) & had a vendor discount. The way it worked was that we never had to say a word to the dealer. We were free to negotiate our best deal & after the purchase, we sent our paperwork into Ford & got a $2K rebate sent directly to us. The dealer & sales rep never knew. Are there any supplier/vendor rebates like that? I would think
    that would be far more advantageous then having to tell the dealer you have a discount.
  • zoesamzoesam Posts: 33
    Do you have a Tahoe brochure? If not, go to a dealer & grab yourself a brochure, there's a nice ez to read spreadsheet near the back with every model & every option & whether it's standard, optional or n/a. It's broken down into categories of options.

It's really a piece of cake once you have the spreadsheet. I imagine the same thing is printable from Chevy's website.

According to brochure, sunroof is n/a on the LS & is Optional on ALL other models.
  • sdoo25sdoo25 Posts: 25
    Can anyone share dealer info in the Tampa or Florida area where a dealer was able to move on price on a Tahoe or Yukon? My target is 30-31K for LS or SLE.

I know this relates to a Suburban but I've also seen the same deals on the Tahoe. We previosly had an early build 2007 Tahoe and just recently traded into a 2007 Suburban. We saw an ad for Bill Heard Chevy for up to $14k off a Suburban. I wasn't convinced that we could get that price but my wife wanted to try to she went out to the dealership to negotiate. A few hours later we were offered $9k off plus the special financing rates or $14k off w/other financing. She just stuck to her guns and outwaited them. This took place on Sunday, Sept 30th, so don't know if being the end of the month helped us out or not. We got a LTZ w/every option. It was built in Dec 2006 so there may have been some extra money to give to us due to its age, although from reading on here that aged bonus seems to have expired before we bought. Hope this helps.

Tom
  • zbillzzbillz Posts: 1
    Is it reasonable to expect to get a 2007 Tahoe MSRP around 49,000 for the stated invoice cost or lower at websites like Edmunds.com and then another 5,000 off GM incentives and rebate? Thanks
  • I would say yes. I just purchased an LT3 tahoe...44945 MSRP, got it down to 39300 (which is about 1K below Edmunds invoice) including the APR incentive. But I could have gotten the 5000 discount instead which would have dropped it down to 34300.
  • 2007 LT1 4x4 with MSRP's between $40-$42K for $14K under MSRP? We also have $1000 GM points, could we get to the $14K under w/o and then tell them? Dealer willing to locate does this hurt our chances? Not looking for 0% but will be taking rebates instead. Likely not going to purchase until early Nov.
  • 14K? Very doubtful, IMO. I had to pull teeth to get 700 below invoice on my LT3 MSRP 45K. I got it for 39300 and that was, by far, the best deal I was offered in my county. I took the 0%, but if I had taken the 5K instead, it would have been about 10500K off MSRP. Asking for an additional 3.5K is a LOT. Especially when it seems like the 07s are selling well (according to a few dealers I spoke to) and the incentives are fairly new. I would wait until end of year if you want a deal like that.
  • nflguynflguy Posts: 90
    Drove home in my new 2007 Tahoe LT3 today

Silver Birch with Black leather interior

2nd row captains chairs

Both driver and passenger have power and heated seats

Power Sunroof

Premium 20" wheels- Polished aluminum

Bose sound system/ XM Radio/6 cd changer

rear parking assist

remote start

Several other features I can't think of right now.

The vehicle has 14 miles on it

MSRP $44,000

My price after GMS Discount plus $8,000 in rebates and dealer cash= $31,847

Total out the door price $33,327.76

I put down $18,300

I'm financing the balance (just under 15k) at 7.45% for 60 months.

I will probably try to refinance at better rate down the road.
  • When you say $8000 in rebates, what is figured in there? I know of an available $5500 in rebates but that is all. Was the rest from your GM card savings? Looking to purchase in the next month and trying to maximize our savings.
    I received 5,000 in rebates as are advertised.

I also received $3,000 in Dealer Bonus Certificates

These are certificates dealers get from GM for having inventory on the lots.

They don't have to give you the DBC and some will even deny knowing about them. There are Dealer General Managers who don't tell their sales people about them so they can just pocket it all (especially at smaller dealerships where they don't sell as many cars).
    I don't have a GM card.
  • What part of the country did you purchase in? We are in NC and aren't sure if a similar deal would be possible. We did know about the DBC but did not realize you could get as much as $3000 off. We also have the military discount and $1000 GM card earnings. Hoping to get about $14000 off of MSRP. Seems possible based on your deal?
    I live in North Texas. Though I took a flight to a dealership located 5 hours away in Southern Texas (35 minute flight) to get this deal.

Even with the deal I got, the dealer made something like $3,200 profit becuase of holdback and other incentives they get from GM.
    12.5k off MSRP is probably more realistic
  • What dealership in Texas? I live in Dallas area sounds like you did your homework may want to check their inventory.
    Try Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine. One warning though. There are very few LT3 models left on the lots. I'm not sure if they have any left. If you want a certain color then it gets even tougher.
  • jsatjsat Posts: 2
    Anyone know of a good dealer in California (northern or southern) that can come closer to these numbers? Or are Tahoes selling so fast here that dealers don't have to? I've been trying to get 7k off MSRP with 0% financing, but the best I've come across is $5700, which I just might take. Also, any ideas if the 0% will really end tomorrow? Don't think I can make it to the dealer tonight to close this deal and taking kids trick or treating tomorrow.
    Anyone else notice wind noise by the driver side window when going 55+
  • 2007 Tahoe LT3
    MSRP $49,500
    Got down to $43,500 OTD with 1.9%, 6% sales tax

I wanted $41,500 OTD. Dealer said he was giving me dealer certificates and giving up commissions to get his price. I walked.

What do you think?
    I will give my 2 cents.

#1 I assume your not getting the GMS discount

#2 $43,500 OTD means a sales price of about $41,000

They are giving you roughly 8k off MSRP PLUS 1.9 %

Looks like a decent deal. Most people I have spoken with didn't get more then 5k off msrp if they were getting a really low interest rate.

You might counter with 43k otd plus 0 %
  • Purchased 08 Tahoe, LT3, 5.3L, central TX. in mid Sept. List was $42K +; Out the door price was $34.6K First Chevy, and we are very impressed. Needed tow vehicle for Airstream. Some wind noise on driver side at speed, but I think adjustment can be made at service. Looking at adding Superchip to improve power/ efficiency; any experience?
    That looks like a good deal. You didn't mention if you got GMS discount and what Rebates were applied. I'm actually suprised at that price since the big rebates were on the 2007 models not the 2008. Any miles on the the vehicle when you purchased it?

I also noticed wind noise on the driver side on the freeway.

I wouldn't add a superchip. Those things can really mess your engine up plus they void the warranty.
  • I found a Chevy Tahoe nicely equiped 07 that i like. I went to the dealer on 10/31 he offered me $36,500 + out the door costs, i offered $35k out the door and he said no. On Nov 1, i took my wife to see it, and he offered me $37,500 + out the door costs, his excuse was they have less room in Nov to discount. I'm also eligible for supplier discount which i did not mention to them yet. Here is the deal:
    MSRP*: $46,565.00
    Supplier Price: $42,690.20
    Current Offers: -$3,750.00
    Net Price: $38,940.20
    Price offered to me $37,500.00 (Nov 1-07)

Is this a good deal or can i bring them down to 35k?
    your input is much appreciated, i'm in the new england area.
  • 73shark73shark Posts: 325
    "I wouldn't add a superchip. Those things can really mess your engine up plus they void the warranty."

Wrong on both counts.
    I get the supplier discount too. The MSRP of my Tahoe was about 44k My price was 31,800 before taxes and fees. Total out the door was $33,333.

I thought the October rebates (5k) were extended into Nov.

Offer 34,000 plus tax.
    We will have to agree to disagree. Anyone using those chips is playing with fire. That's why its typically foolish teens that do that sort of thing. "Superchip" lol!
  • pmjcpmjc Posts: 1
    Found a 2008 Tahoe LT3 (20 mi outside of Phila PA) with MSRP of $46,645. Requested from local dealer an internet quote and he comes back with $39,995 plus 6% tax, title, etc. Terms of financing were not discussed. Included in the quote were incentives, I believe, of $3,750 in total.I believe there is lots more room to go lower. Your thoughts? What should be my final offer?????? Thanks
    I would wait until the rebates/Incentives are increased for the 2008 models. Probably tough to get the kind of deal that can be had on a 2007 at this point on the 2008 models.

Btw: I didn't notice many differences between the 2007 Tahoe and the 2008 Tahoe.
  • I did not get GMS discount. I was working with a couple dealers, and happend to get with the VP to discuss my other offers from competitors. 5 miles on OD.