Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Tahoe Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• More on my new truck...I just purchased a brand new 2005 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 Z71 that had a sticker price of $48,000 on it. If anyone out there is thinking of purchasing a GM vehicle, now is the time to do it...when else have you seen discounts like these...my $48,000 Tahoe came down to $37,000 after the GM Employee discount...plus I traded in my old vehicle and got a good deal with that...where else can you drive off with a fifty thousand dollar brand new vehicle for under $37,000??? That's definately HUGE, and if you were looking at another type of vehicle like a dodge or nissan or something that is not GM, then you can essentially pay the same price as those other companies want, and get twice the vehicle...I was looking at a durango several months ago for about $35,000 and it is not nearly as nice or large or comfortable as this Tahoe.
  • jmarinojmarino Posts: 19
    I am considering a Smart Buy on this vehicle. Vehicle loaded MSRP $49355 dealer has it down to $38,500. I am trading a Durango 2003 with 20,500 miles .They are allowing me 14,000 I owe $16,275. Smart buy for me for 4 years is $631.00 no money down taxes ,fees included in price . IS this a good deal ? Also should I get Gap insurance and what does it cost ?
  • dardson1dardson1 Posts: 696
    First thing you need to do is go the Smart-Shopper site (here, on Edmunds) and visit the Real-World Trade-in Values thread. READ at least 30 or 40 of the postings so you will know exactly how to describe your Durango. If you obey the rules, giving a clear description of miles, color, trim-level, condition etc., etc., etc., the professional car-guy there can tell you mighty close a fair price for your trade-in.
    The easy part of buying a new car is figuring out a good/better/best price on a new one. A $10k+ discount on a $49k+ vehicle sounds nice; however, last month, before GM reshuffled the deck and reduced the Tahoe rebate by $2500, you could have probably done better (IMHO). Nevertheless, no one can tell you if you're making a good buy until you determine a value for your Durango. You can do it by shopping your Durango at 5-6-7 dealers and getting them to bid for your business; or, you can ask the smart guy on the Real-World Trade-In thread and save yourself some time. To tell the truth, I do both. . . .shop my trade and listen to his advice. . . I never feel I've left too much money on the table. Good luck. BTW, if you don't spend at least a month doing your homework to make a trade, you're probably not getting a great deal.
  • ycats0273ycats0273 Posts: 2
    I recently totaled my 2005 LS Chevrolet Tahoe in a MVA; thank goodness I was not at fault. The GM Employee Discount could not have come at a better time. Since pickings were slim in the color I was looking for, I opted for a LT Tahoe in Silver Birch; this color is new for 2005 Tahoes. My Tahoe is equipped with everything except navigation and autoride. MRSP-45, 705.00. Employee Discount price was 35,693.38. If you are a previous owner of a Chevy Tahoe, pay close attention to all correspondence from Chevrolet. Don't be quick to throw away any specials that come through the mail. Back in April I received a post card from GM advertising for NEW WHEELS, GREAT DEALS CERTIFICATE . It's details were 2500 allowance on 20 inch rims or 1500 in GM loyalty. Luckily I kept this postcard and was allowed to use it on this deal. The final cost on my 2005 Chevy Tahoe LT was 34,193.38! (5.3 V8 engine, leather, DVD, power glass sunroof, wheel flares, bose premium speakers, 6 cd changer, third row seat, etc.). If you threw away your certificate or unsure if you qualify for this deal, call Chevrolet at 1-866-466-9637. The reps will assist you with verification of eligibility. Then notify your salesman of your eligibility and have him/her call that same number to obtain your certificate number. The NEW WHEELS, GREAT DEALS CERTIFICATE EXPIRES ON 6/30/2005 So Hurry! I really hope this will help someone! ;)
    and more like what was going on last month with the 5k rebate. Looks like you took the $1500. Gotta admit these trucks look PDG riding on 20" rims. I got an email today reminding me GM Card holders are eligible for an additional $1000 bonus cash on platinum and copper cards and $500 on all others until June 30. First I heard about it. Be sure to check if you use a GM Card. BTW, I use it as my business card and often put $2-3k a month on it. With 5% credit it turns into big money quickly. Got $2000 off my 04 Tahoe. . .no catch. . .no questions. . .just a quick phone call by the finance guy as we were signing the papers.
  • azmaxazmax Posts: 1
    I love my new Tahoe LT (Convenience Pkg, Sunroof, third row, XM). Paid 31770 out the door. Brown & Brown s the best new car dealership in the US.
    for an LT with a sunroof. Did that count any GMCard money or additional incentives?
  • tinyishestinyishes Posts: 1
    DON’T GET RIPPED OFF BY CAR DEALERS!!!!

Late last year I bought two NEW 2005 LT 4x4’s with everything but a sunroof for $33,450 after $1,000 GMC finance rebate. We then refinanced for $50 at a local bank one month later.

Use my GM miles on one of them to save an additional $3000 (so I paid $30,450 for one of them).

This was in Fargo, North Dakota.

We need more of these kinds of sites!!!
  • 2005 Tahoe 2WD LS, MSRP $40,525. Got $1,000 below GMS (empl price), then used $477 in GMCard points and because I used those on a Tahoe, they gave me a bonus of $1250 off. Price came to $31,924 after registration, taxes, doc fees etc. They didn't calculate my sales tax until after the $4727 in rebates were taken off. This included 5.3L engine, bose speakers, bucket seats, onstar, sunroof, 3rd row seats (which will sit in my attic), tow package, locking rear diff & rear axle.
    My 2000 4WD Tahoe was totaled by a red light runner and I was quite depressed until I got this new one!
    why did they give you $1250 more on the GMCard credits? Is that some kind of added incentive from GMAC? Have not heard of it.
  • I had no idea it existed until I was at the dealership. The salesman didn't even know until he called to confirm my balance of points to use. The way I found out why I got them (the bonus is on specific cars) was to call customer service for my GM Card. I found an example on their website - however it shows it as expired.
    www.gmcard.com/look/
    I guess the only way to know for sure is to call.
  • dgarcidgarci Posts: 1
    If the MSRP $40,525 and the total discounts were the following:
    1. $1000 (empl price)
    2. $477 in GMCard points
    3. $1250 because you used the GMCard on a Tahoe
    4. $4727 in rebates were taken off

Total incentives and rebates: $7,454

That still leaves a gap of $1147, where did you get the additional incentive or rebate because it should have came out to $33, 071 ;)
  • kscctsksccts Posts: 140
    Looking at pricing on 2005 Tahoe's....no haggle price is employee pricing minus the rebate? Or are rebates no longer valid with employee pricing program?
    :confuse:
    Thanks!
  • bolkerbolker Posts: 30
    I'm being told that I can get a 05 LT totally loaded with the suspension package, navigation, DVD, I don't think there's anything left out, for $39,900. It's a demo model with 9500 miles on it. Is this a good price? I should still get some of the rebates won't I? I mean I can't get the employee price because it has miles, right?

Having 9500 miles on it bothers me somewhat, but it is mint inside and out. It's Certified for what that's worth. Should I up with a few more dollars to get brand new or is this a great deal? He seemed like he could move the price down even lower possibly.

Ron
  • I posted in the Tahoe thread, but I'll post here too.

I just took ownership of an '05 Chevy Tahoe LT. It had all the standard stuff plus:
    Sun and Sound Entertainment Package
    Side air bags
    Skid plates
    Heavyduty locking diff
    Autoride
    Power Pedals

Sticker price was $49.5 and with all rebates and such, it came to $40.5k. I got the 6yr/90,000 mile GM extended warranty with $100 deductible for $1800, well worth it. They also threw in the 50,000 mile tire guarantee which covers replacement for side-flats and ruined wheels, for free.

I spent a lot of time on the internet investigating which full size SUV I should buy, and chose the Tahoe based on bang-for-the-buck. I wanted a Toyota for the reliability, but was willing to give that up for clearly a superior price and comparable options. Satelite radio and Onstar held a lot of weight for me, and after working with both, they have both surpassed my expectations. They are both very cool and useful. Obviously the satelite radio can be added to any car, but having it integrated with the rest of the equipment is fantastic. The bottom line was that I would get more of what I want for my money with the Tahoe, and a 6 year/90k mile warranty is good enough from a reliability standpoint.

The Tahoe itself is fantastic, and the ride and comfort is a 10 out of 10 for a tall guy like me. It's really fun to drive, and satelite radio becomes the icing on the cake. Any music you can imagine is at your fingertips...literally. The important controls are duplicated on the steering wheel.

I bought the Tahoe from Bredemann Chevrolet (Chicago area), which is a "superstore" dealer, also dealing with Toyota, Lexus, and a few others. They are a class act, and it was simply the best purchase of a car I have ever had. They didn't screw me around, except to low-ball me on my trade in, but I expected that and it wasn't too difficult to get them to up the offer to something I found reasonable. I didn't get a hard sell on any of the additional crap some dealers try to throw at you, and the finance guy was straight up throughout. It became 30 minutes of signing papers, and then me driving out the door with a great vehicle. They showed me all the options, but there are a lot, and it was still fun trying to figure out how to set the automatic EQ settings on the radio and adjusting the pedals to my size. And I could have wandered the satelite channels for hours. My wife couldn't get over the dual zone climate control (three zones if you consider the seperate rear air/heating), and boy it works well. We were both totally happy.
  • If you go to GMBuyPower and configure a 2wd 06 Tahoe LS with every option that comes standard on a 2wd 06 Z71, the LS msrp's for $100 less than the Z71. However, there are things on the Z71 that are not offered on the LS. . . .so for the $100 extra you get a high capacity air cleaner, recovery hooks, and a skid plate pkg. Instead of a single 6way driver's power seat, you get driver and passenger 10way power seats w/ power lumbar and reclining + heated seats. Part of the hundred bucks gets you 17" wheels and tires. Finally, you get power outside mirrors, w/power fold, curb-tilt, integrated signal and driver side auto diming feature and courtesy ground illumination lights. Pretty nice return for the hundred dollars (only $70 with the GM Employee discount).
  • Does anyone have experience on whether dealers will take less than the "employee price"? Thanks.
    I just bought an 06 Tahoe 2wd Z71. . . only option was XM for $325.

$42,735 MSRP ($200 less than Edmund's number?)
    -1,000 2006MY Premium Select Discount (see nothing about this
    on Edmunds on LT's and Z71's and may be regional)
    -3,500 rebate
    $38,235 MSRP with rebate and discount
    4,735 dealer discount (about $250 above invoice)
    $33,500 with dealer discount
    -500 free gasoline (issued on a gasoline gift card from GM)
    $33,000 total

I have religiously used my GMCard over the last few years and accumulated $3140 in money. The 06 Tahoe redemption allowance is $3500 so I was out the door for $29,860 + TT&L. I was happy, the dealer seemed happy, but I wonder how long GM can give their cars away?
  • Hi --

Here's the deal I just got on my 05 Tahoe 4WD Z71:

Car is Sport Red Metallic with:
    Sun & Sound Entertainment Pkg, 2nd row bucket seats, side impact airbags, 3rd row bench and off road preferred equipt.

$49,090.00 MSRP
    $43,652.73 Actual Dealer Invoice
    $39,000.00 Out the Door including all tax/title/etc.(about $41,375 before the
    6000 rebate, which is actually BELOW their invoice)
    PLUS $500 Gas Card

I'm *thrilled* :)
    It's mighty satisfying to buy these great trucks, all loaded up, at a price you'd expect for high dollar Camry. love these trucks