Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What is wrong with my car?

teacollteacoll Member Posts: 1
edited June 2016 in Toyota
I started my 2007 Toyota Corolla LE this morning and it started just fine, no weird sounds or smells. After driving about a mile, the radio cut out and the clock didn't work as well as the speedometer, gas gauge, power windows, or turn signals. I pulled over to see what was wrong and with the little experience I have with cars, I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary under the hood. I went to turn around and go back home but the car wouldn't shift gears. I had to manually shift the car into drive to go home. I have not driven the car since or tried to move it. If anyone has any information as to what could be going on, I would appreciate any help!

Best Answer

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Answer ✓
    First thing I'd check with a sudden flurry of electrical failures is your battery, charging system and battery cables and ground. So, have the battry load tested and the alternator checks and clean your battery cables and the engine-to-ground cable. Also inspect the fuse box for loose connectors or corrosion.