Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Suburban Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

123457»

Comments

• Not much input in the Suburban thread??
  • I'm shopping for a new 2010 or 2011 Suburban, looking to buy in the next week. Was waiting until today to see if the rebates changed. Anyone else shopping? Would love some input.
  • a4b5a4b5 Posts: 17
    Shopping too - but struggling to find details on recent prices paid.

Looking at 2011 LTs fairly loaded: DVD, Off Road & Luxury Package.

Being quoted prices around $5,500 off MSRP. Example: MSRP $54.9k, quote of $49.2k + tax and title.

Good? Bad?
  • I was looking for an LTZ or fully loaded Z71. LTZ was pretty easy to find, but the loaded Z71 was a task. Only found 1 within 300 miles. I called a few dealers to price shop the LTZ vs the Z71. They all came off about $3500 plus rebates. Didn't matter if it was a 2010 or 2011. 2010 came with an extra $1000 rebate, but I decided to sacrifice that in order to get a model year newer. I will easily see it back in resale value. We ended up getting a 2011 Chevy Suburban Z71 with the Lux, HD Trailer, & Sun, Ent, and Dest packs. MSRP was $56,600 and we got it for $50,000 with discounts and rebates.
  • Hi I am new to this form and don't know if you have bought already. I just built and ordered the following:

2011 1500 LT Suburban 4X4
    Sheer Silver Metallic Paint
    HD Trailering Package
    Luxury Package
    Sun, Entertainment and Destinations
    Engine Block Heater
    Second Row Captain's Chairs
    I picked the above options to get as close to LTZ as possible without paying the price for an LTZ.

The sticker price is $55,610
    Consumer Reports says invoice is $52,508
    My dealer is selling it to me for $50,000
    Less $3,000 is rebates and its $47,000 plus tax and license
    It will be built 1-31-2011 and delivered first week in February, so the incentives may change before then, hopefully for the better.

I live in Southern California, so maybe the pricing is different in other states. I hope this helped if you didn't already purchase your new vehicle.
  • a4b5a4b5 Posts: 17
    That's pretty much what I'm looking for - but for significantly less $ than I'm being quoted in TX. The $49.2 price I quote above is after the $2k rebate as well as a $750 USAA member discount.

Maybe a trip to CA is in my future :D
  • kremdogkremdog Posts: 2
    How do you like the Z71 package? Would like to test drive one but no one has one. Hope it improves the std handling.
  • I have zero complaints about the Z71 package, or about the Suburban as a whole. Just don't get me started about the nav/rear entertainment unit. Detest is putting it lightly. It is basically worthless if the vehicle is in motion.
  • z71fanz71fan Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    I bought a 2011 4X4 Z-71 with the sun entertainment package, and luxury package. Im thinking I should have gone with my other option which was a 3/4 ton Diesel Crew Cab.

I was ok with the deal coming in at $50,400.00 after all I was coming out of my 2003 Z71 4X4 that I have 170K on.

Took delivery of the vehicle on Thursday of last week and went on a 150 mile trip with it all highway miles.
    To say I was or am disappointed would be minimizing my feelings at this point.
    Transmission on this vehicle is different than my 03, they used to use the 4 speed tranny now they have a 6 speed - it is very confused and from what I now read, it is not uncommon at all with this new transmission.
    Advertised mileage, I was excited to get into the new vehicle and gain a mile or two a gallon off of what I have come to expect from my old faithful with 170K on her, my disappointed again as the new one has not been better and in fact been worse so far. I now do not look forward to driving it and am pissed off at the decision I made, if I get screwed from GM on this thing I can tell you that I will become 360 degrees off from what I have been for the last 30 years in telling people that I work with, and people that work for me etc.. they have to buy american. I hope - truly hope - they come through on this deal and make it right but I have a sneaking suspicion they will not - if thats the case GM is closed in my eyes. I have owned over 17 GM products personally thus far and influence the buy of several cars a year. 65 Chevelle, 69 Impala 70 Nova, 72 Blazer, 70 pick up truck c-10, 78 K20, 79 K20, 86 Diesel Suburan, 88 K30, 88 Bravada, 89 K30, 95 1500 Suburban, 2000 Tahoe, 2005 K20 Diesel, 2003 Suburban and now the 2011 Suburban. :mad:
  • rick9194rick9194 Posts: 50
    Thanks for the review.

What was the sticker price?

I'm not sure I understood what you meant about getting screwed?? You already bought the truck? Could you explain please.

Thanks again for the review
  • cdepaolacdepaola Posts: 11
    Just picked up a nicely appointed 2011 4wd LS, see below for full details. MSRP was $48,628.00 we paid $40,890.

SUBURBAN 4WD 1/2 TON LS
    VORTEC 5.3L V8 SFI FLEX-FUEL
    6-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    Black Exterior Color
    Ebony

Options installed by Manufacturer
    TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER
    $ 200.00
    CONVENIENCE PACKAGE:
    MIRROR, ISRV WITH REAR CAMERA
    DISPLAY
    ULTRASONIC REAR PARK ASSIST
    REMOTE VEHICLE START
    POWER ADJUSTABLE PEDALS
    CHROME TOW HOOKS
    $ 154.00
    ENGINE BLOCK HEATER
    $ 75.00
    REAR CARGO MAT
    (DEALER INSTALLED)
    $ 69.00
    REGIONAL VALUE PACKAGE:
    20" POLISHED WHEELS
    REAR LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL
    * HEAVY DUTY TRAILERING PKG:
    ENGINE OIL COOLER
    HD TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER
    PWR HEATED/FOLDING OUTSIDE
    MIRRORS W/AUTO DIMMING &
    TURN SIGNALS
    CHROME DOOR HANDLES
    CHROME GRILLE
    FOG LAMPS
    ADD'L 9 MONTHS XM RADIO
    $ 2,940.00
    TOTAL OPTIONS $3,498.00
    MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $48,628.00
  • ecloueclou Posts: 16
    edited January 2012
    my best offer so far on a 2012 LT 1500 4x4 with Z71 package, lux, sun & entertainment, HD cooling, tow package and controller, bucket 2nd row with $58k sticker is $51,400. This includes owner loyalty discount ($500) GM factory rebate ($1000) a GM Houston Auto Show promotion ($1000) and the dealership internet/fleet discount. This is the best I have found so far
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,127
    A reporter would like to speak to someone who recently bought a used large truck or large SUV. If you have purchased a used large truck or SUV in the past 6 months, and you are willing to discuss your decision with a reporter, please email PR@edmunds.com no later than 1 p.m. Pacific/ 4 p.m. Eastern Wednesday, April 18, 2012 with your daytime contact information.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I am eyeballing the 2013 Suburban LT trim. Since family size keeps expanding, and both wife and I don't want to go with MiniVan. Never owned a truck, only crossover like Q7.

Has anyone purchased the 2013 model recently with $2500 incentive? How much off MSRP price is considered good deal with LT trim? Any advice will be appreciated.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,127
    A reporter would like to talk to a car shopper who's considering a new Chevrolet Suburban or Tahoe. If you are currently in the market for either of these SUVs, and you'd like to share your story, please email your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, 9/10/13 at 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

123457»