Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Suburban Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• jbattjbatt Posts: 13
    Took a lot of hard work, but I got my new Tahoe with LTZ, sun and fun package, power assist step for $40,000 (include $6000 and GMCC). MSRP of $54,365. Total discount = 26.4%

• rick9194rick9194 Posts: 50
    Excellent deal jbatt ... thats a good prices period

Where did you get that deal?
    So where did you get that deal ... I got an e mail from one dealer I had been corresponding with that said GM was offering an additional 1500 off ... I haven't checked it but I think they are just trying to get talking again ... does gm ever offer dealer incentives that the public would not know about??
    What do you think bwalukonis
  • bwalukonisbwalukonis Posts: 16
    Williams in Elkton Md has everyone beat in the tri state area in my opinion, Now is the time to buy an suv with the 6k rebate, I have bought 34 suburbans intermixed with a few tahoes from williams. Again, in my opinion,when GM gets the inventory reduced, the rebates will not be as generous.
  • jbattjbatt Posts: 13
    In Novi, Michigan. I got an email from a Cadillac dealer that GM was allowing GM employees to give a GM employee discount to one person. I have a good neighbor that works for GM that got me the GM employee discount and then the $6000 cash back can only use GM credit card if you have the correct one (it's the one you get 1% back not 5%).

GM employee offer only good through the end of the month.

I had '05 Tahoe and can't believe the difference between the 2. Much quieter on the inside, stero has much better sound, fuel management dropping from 8 to 4 cylinders can get me 20% better mileage in city driving. Only had for one day, but if you're light on the gas pedal can get 18 mpg city vs. 15 in my '05 tahoe. Radio with navigation looks better, etc., etc. By far best Tahoe ever made.
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    A reporter with a national newspaper would like to speak with consumers who are moving away from large SUVs and trucks to smaller compact cars and also consumers who are taking advantage of the lower prices and purchased a large SUV or truck. If you are a new owner, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Monday, August 4th.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Salespeople and potential buyers cannot hook up here in the forums. That breaks our NO SOLICITING rule..

If you post here, trying to accomplish that, then your post will be removed (in case you wondered where they are going..)

Thanks!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

I see ... when I think it through .. that makes perfect sense ... sorry I broke the rules ... I apparently overlooked that in the TOS. I am usually a stickler about following "the rules" in regard to most everything.

Thanks for moderating the board ... I really like using it.

I did have one question ... when I got to edmunds and price a car ... then go to cunsumer discussion ... it took some searching around to find the thread about buying and pricing experience for suburbans .... most cars I've research it's easy to find. If I may ask, how is that determined?

Thanks again for this excellent service.
  • Well... I'm only here in the forums section.. I'm not sure how they arrange the navigation from the main site...

But, from wherever you are, you can click on Community or Forums, and it will bring you to the CarSpace.com home page..

Then, use the tools on the right hand side to check out the forums you are interested in... You can search by make and model, or by topic.. If it is Prices Paid forums that you are interested in, you can pull up that entire forum, and search for your model alphabetically.

Glad you enjoy the forums!
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

So ... anybody getting any good deals with the new incentives ... are the deals about the same?
  • We just bought a 2008 tahoe hybrid, 2wd, rear dvd for 40980. This price includes employee discount and 5k rebate plus additional 1k off . It does not include trade or TTL. The drive to Chandler Chevy in Madison,IN was worth it
    We feel this is an outstanding deal considering one month ago it may have been 12k more.
  • I will tell you that I just priced out an 09 tahoe and suburban, the 08's are a great deal with the employee discount and rebates. I still have a temp. tag on my 08 suburban and I believe the msrp will be around 3 grand more with no 5grand rebate. It will be an interesting 09 model year.
  • So a similar equiped 09 is about 3k more than the 08 you just bought?

Wow ... that sounds pretty good.
  • Is the hybrid offered with 4wd .... whats your mileage around town and on the HWY?

Are you happy with it ... any downside to a hybrid?
  • Sorry for the late response.
    The hybrid does come in 4wd but we live in KY and don't haul too often. We have been averaging about 21-22mpg. I think you lose 1-2 mpg for 4wd. My wife drives it and she doesn't spend too much time on the hwy.
    The downside to the hybrid is that the second row is a bench ( which folds) but you can't get bucket seats. Also the rear window doesn't open but we are ok with that. So far we are thrilled with tahoe!!!
  • I'm not 100% sure on the exact details, but my parents got a white 2008 4x4 Suburban LS for around $33K out the door including taxes and fees. It had a few options like the convenience package and the upgraded in-dash cd changer stereo.So my guess is around a $42,850MSRP. I think my parents had some rebate from their GM card too. They got it from the Roseville, CA dealership who had to get it from another dealer.

My dad is selling his 2003 4x4 quadrasteer Chevy 1500HD Silverado to a friend. That thing was a gas pig. No matter highway at 55MPH or 70MPH, it still got around 12MPG! This Suburban should be an improvement.
  • rshookrshook Posts: 17
    With the dilemma that GM is facing and the lot and overflow lot at my local dealer full - I'm wondering what I can get an LTZ 4x4 for? Was thinking about offering $25K :). Heck that gets inventory off the lot, no more interest payments on that car sitting there, gets GM some cash into their balance sheet, etc. etc. Makes sense to me :)

What kind of deals are people getting out there on these?
  • Let's see , just suppose the MSRP is 56000. for a fully loaded LTZ and you are looking for over 50% reduction,don't believe that is going to work. Maybe able to grab an 2005 though.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    Be sure to check Universal Chev, got a much better deal than any of the real local guys, and extremely pleasant to deal with. Beat the best local by a couple grand on my 2007, if I remember correctly without pulling out all of the paperwork.