Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Explorer Sport Trac (2007+)

167891012»

Comments

• maxy2maxy2 Posts: 10
    Proud owner of a 2004 Sport Trac. 66600 miles and the only problem I've encountered is when the steering wheel is turned to extreme left side. It makes a popping noise.

I Love my Sport Trac.
  • I'm new to the forum and I'm glad i found this. I don't know much about trucks or cars but i'm trying to get to where I can do most of the maintenance myself.

Gas millage- how can i improve the gas mileage on my truck?

Whats the recommended maintenance for an '07 sport trac with 30,000+ miles?

Thanks
  • I have the same problem, I have a 2007 sport trac and noticed about 6 mo ago. I was rear-ended and thought that was the cause but i assume its not. Any info on this please keep me posted
  • Anyone know a website where I can find accessories for my sport trac? ei-bed cover, bed extender.
  • For 2008, Ford fixed the "inside front door grip" issue that was in the 2007 model Sport Trac.
  • sheri11sheri11 Posts: 1
    The fan comes on as soon as I start my sport trac and will not go off. It has done this once before - lasted about 2 weeks and then stopped. Anyone else have this and if so, what can be done?
  • I own a 2007 sport trac, I just noticed the brakes squealing and I installed new brake pads. First timer and it worked out great. fluids look good, I haven't done much else to my truck and was wondering what else is recommended at the 40,000 + mile mark? Any other standard reconditioning? For the first time with my vehicle I am trying to A.) learn how to do it myself and B.) stay ahead of the game and repair before it breaks.
  • There is a noise coming from the engine area of my sport trac. It seems like its coming from the fan belt but I can't tell. I'm pushing 50,000miles and have been doing as much up-keep as possible and she sounds like a high school beater. Any help would be much appreciated!
  • My 2007 Explorer Sportrac's temperature gauge has started spiking from normal temperature range to high level for about 5 or 6 seconds then slowing drop back down. And so far, it will stay that way until the duration of my trip.

It seemed to start doing this when we (Milwaukee resident) got temperatures in the -10 to 10 range. But I noticed yesterday when it was in the low 30s, it did the same thing.

I forgot to mentioned that when it first started doing this it was in the minuses, the red temp. light stayed on for about 10 seconds then turned off.
  • Don't know if u found your problem yet; but my 09 Sport Track right tire tread would rub on the inner plastic fender wheel well shield while backing out the drive way when full left turn lock.
167891012»