Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Suburban

Comments

• Ok,
    When you start it up it starts just fine but it dies it won't idle unless you keep on pushing the gas and if you take it out of park it dies we have replaced the
    Oxygen sensor, electronic control mogul, plugs, wires, distributor, roder button, map sensor, fuel filter, god knows what else can you help me.
    melissa
  • jbgamjbgam Posts: 1
    I am seeing double. I have an auto dimming drivers side view mirror that seems to be out of whack. especially at night. Is there anyway to realign the mirror or should I just replace it. And how do I do either?
  • I had the same problem. Check for loose battery connections. The suburban goes in a shutdown mode, and should start again in about 30 minutes.
  • Same thing happened to me with my 2002 (65,000 miles). Only thing that has ever gone wrong with the truck. Put a new battery in and everything was fine. Good luck.
  • We have a 2001 Suburban 2500 6.0 liter. 4 times in the last week, I've tried starting the truck and nothing happens. I have all power, windows, lights, radio works. Not even a click from the engine, ignition or starter when I turn the key. I've checked that the truck is in park and jiggled the shifter. It only seems to be happening after the truck has run and I'll shut it off for a bit and try to start it again. But it doesn't happen everytime.

Took it to the dealer, the computer shows nothing, no wires anywhere are lose, battery terminals all clean. I have a marine battery in the truck, and it's got plenty of juice. Any ideas? I have 78,000+ on the truck and not sure why or what's causing this. But it's frustrating that we can't find the problem.
  • I have a '02 suburban LT 63000 miles and have just started have mutliple electrical problems, from the tranny, check engine light and now the gauges are going crazy. My radio has been acting up for a while too. Could the CD player malfunction effect the overall computer?
  • What is the year of your suburban? I just stopped by the dealership today and got some pin out information for mine. I have a 2000. Let me know.
  • Sounds like a sticking starter solenoid to me.

:)
  • I just purchased a 94 Suburban with the 350 engine and would like to increase the horsepower without braking the bank. Can someone summarize the best modifications for the $$ ?

I was thinking of cold air intake, power pulleys, headers, chip. Did I miss anything? Which ones are most reccomended?

Thanks,
    Hunt Hodgetts, Atlanta, Ga
  • I've got a question about a different stalling problem with my '01 Suburban. Runs great at any constant rate of speed, but idle and battery gauge go up and down when stopped, sometimes to the point of stalling, other times idle settles and is notmal. Particularly bad in parking lots, with a lot of starting and stopping. I've been told it could be a dirty throttle? Any help would be really appreciated.
  • I live where we get ALOT of rain this time of the year. When the Suburban is parked out in the rain for a couple days, rain finds it's way into the blower fan. When I turn on heat and turn the fan on, water comes out and runs down the carpet by the passengers feet. Can anyone point me to a fix on this? The truck has to sit outside, so this is annoying to say the least.

Thanks for the help!

Dave
  • I have the same problem with my '01. I received a recall notice about a fuel electrical problem but have yet had time to take it to the dealer to have the repair done. Have you received your recall and have you had it done yet?
  • arriearrie Posts: 312
    The air intake 'vents' outside below the wind shield have water drain holes in the bottom of them. Over time these small drain holes can get plugged with all sorts of dirt. When they plug and it rains enough the water level will raise inside the drain pans and leak inside the vehicle.

You will have to have them drain holes cleaned.

Arrie
  • I did take it in for the recall. Unfortunately, still have the problem.
  • I've got a 2000 that does the similar thing on dry pavement and know what you mean about it could impair my judgment. If I feel I can make the stop in 60 feet and brake accordingly, then ABS decides to take a little longer by pumping on dry pavement it could mess up my day, not to mention my front end and clean driving record or worse yet hurt someone. Although, Living in South Dakota, I've learned to like ABS in the winter months, if you really want to get rid of it, have you looked to see if there is a fuse for it? If so, make sure that it is the only item that is on that circuit. Good Luck!
  • dieselonedieselone Posts: 5,634
    I just had the fuel relay recall performed on my 2000 Suburban. I was having issues with my fuel pump making lots of noise, so I went ahead and had the dealer replace the fuel pump while performing the recall. Saved me some $$ on labor. I don't really notice it running any better, but my fuel pump is now quiet.
  • The hinges, or checks so I'm told, seem to be broken on the second row doors. They make an awful sound when you open them. The checks are cheap. Anyone have any instructions on how to replace them? Thanks.
  • Hi,

I just got a 91 burb 4x4 and the power windows are all jacked up. Does anyone have any advice on what kind of window motors to purchase to solve my problems? Thanks a lot.

Sam
  • Arrie,
    Thanks for the response. The dealer has had my 02 suburban for 12 days now. As of today they are still "road testing" it to nail down the problem. I passed your suggestions on to the service supervisor who in turn is supposed to pass it on to the technician. We'll see... I will post if they find a solution. Thanks again.
  • ewiseewise Posts: 1
    My wife and I are looking for a Suburban. We've driven 8 in the past 2 weeks ranging from 2001 to 2005. Every one except the new 2005 had rust on the inside bottom door seams (rear hatch included). GM Marketing said that nothing has changed in these years, so I am not convinced that it can be totally prevented even on a new one. If I write a check for $30k, I expect no rust issues for at least 5 years. I appreciate feedback from those of you who already have Burbs.