Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Mini Countryman Lease Questions

braketoolatebraketoolate Member Posts: 12
edited June 2016 in MINI
anyone has MF and RV for 2017 Mini Countryman lease?

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Lease term? Miles per year? NY, right?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789

anyone has MF and RV for 2017 Mini Countryman lease?

Sorry, we don't have the MINI lease numbers, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Hi, do you have Dec MF and residuals for the 2017 Countryman S all4? Thanks!

Hi, do you have Dec MF and residuals for the 2017 Countryman S all4? Thanks!

Sorry, we don't have any MINI lease numbers, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• orangemen1orangemen1 Member Posts: 8
    Hi, do you have MF and residuals for the 2016 Countryman S? Thanks!

Hi, do you have MF and residuals for the 2016 Countryman S? Thanks!

Sorry, we haven't had MINI lease program numbers for quite some time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tomemictomemic Member Posts: 14
    Hello. Do you have February residual and MF for the 2017 Countryman S All4? 36mo/12k please.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    tomemic said:

Hello. Do you have February residual and MF for the 2017 Countryman S All4? 36mo/12k please.

We don't have any MINI lease numbers for February.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• cbrunson1cbrunson1 Member Posts: 30
    From my local MINI salesperson: 'The leasing residuals change month to month so we don't usually give them out except at time of delivery. This may account for why you can't easily find them. Financing is a little different, for the most part we can lock you into an interest rate with a credit app at the time we place your order.'

I wonder if MINI wants to lease vehicles. I suppose they want to sell and not lease and by keeping the residual a secret they can steer more people into buying. If they don't reveal the residual until delivery, it's harder to create a 'game plan' and compare buying vs. leasing.

We have an R56 and are thinking of trading for an F56 and that's why I approached the salesperson.
  • loudone2112loudone2112 Member Posts: 12
    What does Mini consider T1/T2 credit? 700-740 & 660-699?
    Are lease rates dependent of the Tier?

What does Mini consider T1/T2 credit? 700-740 & 660-699?
    Are lease rates dependent of the Tier?

No information on the tiers and scores.

Yes, the MF will go up as the score goes down.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

cbrunson1 said:

From my local MINI salesperson: 'The leasing residuals change month to month so we don't usually give them out except at time of delivery. This may account for why you can't easily find them. Financing is a little different, for the most part we can lock you into an interest rate with a credit app at the time we place your order.'

I wonder if MINI wants to lease vehicles. I suppose they want to sell and not lease and by keeping the residual a secret they can steer more people into buying. If they don't reveal the residual until delivery, it's harder to create a 'game plan' and compare buying vs. leasing.

We have an R56 and are thinking of trading for an F56 and that's why I approached the salesperson.

This is total BS. They don't disclose the leasing numbers, because they like to hide the cost. They can lock in the lease numbers for two months, just like financing. They do change month-to-month, but a deal you make this month can be locked until the end of April (maybe May, in the Western region).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• fladriverfladriver Member Posts: 64
    kyfdx said:

This is total BS. They don't disclose the leasing numbers, because they like to hide the cost. They can lock in the lease numbers for two months, just like financing. They do change month-to-month, but a deal you make this month can be locked until the end of April (maybe May, in the Western region).

This is funny. Sometimes I find a lease ad and work the numbers out based on that. You need the ad to be for the same model you're interested in and the same miles; the residual and money factor should be spot on that way.

• fladriverfladriver Member Posts: 64
    Check out this web site....the residuals look like the same ones that are available to regular customers.
    http://www.bmwgroupfleet.com/#mini-vehicles
    fladriver said:

Check out this web site....the residuals look like the same ones that are available to regular customers.
    http://www.bmwgroupfleet.com/#mini-vehicles

Yep, the residuals are set by BMWFS (or their MINI equivalent) and cannot be altered by the dealer.

What isn't listed is the MF being used; they only reference the standard .00020 corporate discount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cbrunson1cbrunson1 Member Posts: 30
    kyfdx said:

cbrunson1 said:

I find it confusing; if they don't give out the residual and MF numbers to hide cost (and get the maximum $$ out of the customer), I don't think they are going to get many people interested. And as someone mentioned, the residual is fixed by MINI Financial. The opportunity for the dealer is in the MF, so why not be open with the residual? I don't think that MINI wants to lease. The dealership wouldn't care whether they sold to MINI Financial or Joe Jones, right? A lease is as good as a sale to the dealer.
    edited February 2017
    cbrunson1 said:

kyfdx said:

cbrunson1 said:

I find it confusing; if they don't give out the residual and MF numbers to hide cost (and get the maximum $$ out of the customer), I don't think they are going to get many people interested. And as someone mentioned, the residual is fixed by MINI Financial. The opportunity for the dealer is in the MF, so why not be open with the residual? I don't think that MINI wants to lease. The dealership wouldn't care whether they sold to MINI Financial or Joe Jones, right? A lease is as good as a sale to the dealer.
    Recognize that most folks don't pay close attention to - or don't care about - the numbers.

Most folks are payment shoppers, and if they can get that shiny new MINI in their driveway for $x per month, and the dealer can do that, they don't care how they got there, or that they could have really gotten $x - 10% if they knew all the numbers.

We can only help the ones that show up in the forums and ask questions.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• adamtennisadamtennis Member Posts: 25
    edited June 2017
    Hi. I'm interested in the numbers for the Base Countryman with automatic transmission and Countryman S with automatic transmission in south Florida for a 36 month lease with 15k miles per year.

Thank you!

Hi. I'm interested in the numbers for the Base Countryman with automatic transmission and Countryman S with automatic transmission in south Florida for a 36 month lease with 15k miles per year.

Thank you!

.00146 and 59% for both

$1250 lease cash on both
    $500 in stock allowance on base
    $1000 in stock allowance on S

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• adamtennisadamtennis Member Posts: 25
    Michaell said:

Thank you!

.00146 and 59% for both

$1250 lease cash on both
    $500 in stock allowance on base
    $1000 in stock allowance on S
    Thank you!!!
  • reedog117reedog117 Member Posts: 4
    Anybody have RV/MF and current incentives for the Mini Countryman S E All4 plugin hybrid?
    reedog117 said:

Anybody have RV/MF and current incentives for the Mini Countryman S E All4 plugin hybrid?

Sorry, but we haven't seen the July programs, yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mxii12xmxii12x Member Posts: 3
    Looking for MF, RV, and incentives for 2017 Countryman S All4 in the Chicago area.
    mxii12x said:

Looking for MF, RV, and incentives for 2017 Countryman S All4 in the Chicago area.

Sorry, but no July numbers from MINI

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• lucysmithlucysmith Member Posts: 12
    Sorry I may have posted this in the wrong thread...I think this is the right one:
    Appreciate any advice you can share on either of these two deals? I'm looking at either the base Cooper but would love the hybrid if the numbers make sense.
    But I don't know what's the better deal, and where I have space to negotiate.
    Please help!

24 Months Lease @ 10k miles per year:

2018 MINI Cooper Countryman
    MSRP $34500
    Selling Price $32000
    Money Factor 0.00151
    Residual 69%
    $2000 cash due @ signing
    $422 monthly excl tax

2017 Countryman S E PHEV Cooper S Hybrid
    MSRP $43,400
    Selling Price $42,400
    Money Factor 0.00151
    Residual 63%
    $4000 hybrid lease rebate (woohoo!)
    $2000 cash due @ signing
    $579 monthly plus tax

Really appreciate any advice you can give me!!
    lucysmith said:

Sorry I may have posted this in the wrong thread...I think this is the right one:
    Appreciate any advice you can share on either of these two deals? I'm looking at either the base Cooper but would love the hybrid if the numbers make sense.
    But I don't know what's the better deal, and where I have space to negotiate.
    Please help!

24 Months Lease @ 10k miles per year:

2018 MINI Cooper Countryman
    MSRP $34500
    Selling Price $32000
    Money Factor 0.00151
    Residual 69%
    $2000 cash due @ signing
    $422 monthly excl tax

2017 Countryman S E PHEV Cooper S Hybrid
    MSRP $43,400
    Selling Price $42,400
    Money Factor 0.00151
    Residual 63%
    $4000 hybrid lease rebate (woohoo!)
    $2000 cash due @ signing
    $579 monthly plus tax

Really appreciate any advice you can give me!!

Answered in the other thread you posted in ... no worries.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kkleen77kkleen77 Member Posts: 11
    Hi Michaell, do you have number for a 2017 countryman all4 S for 36/10 MF and residual? It seems there are also incentives on this as well shown on the mini site. thanks
    kkleen77 said:

Hi Michaell, do you have number for a 2017 countryman all4 S for 36/10 MF and residual? It seems there are also incentives on this as well shown on the mini site. thanks

Sorry, we didn't get the MINI numbers for July.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rahulpatilrahulpatil Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2017
    Hi all..
    Looking to lease a Clubman S auto for 18 - 24 months. Any guidance on the MF and RV ?
    I am in the NY/NJ area.

Hi all..
    Looking to lease a Clubman S auto for 18 - 24 months. Any guidance on the MF and RV ?
    I am in the NY/NJ area.

Sorry, but we haven't seen the July programs for MINI

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks. Typically when do you get them?
    If you have details for June can you send them for comparison?
    Because of the shorter duration I am not sure if it will end up being too expensive.

Thanks. Typically when do you get them?
    If you have details for June can you send them for comparison?
    Because of the shorter duration I am not sure if it will end up being too expensive.

We would have seen the July numbers by this point.

Fingers crossed that we see something for August.

June numbers have expired and won't do you any good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi Michaell, I managed to negotiate the 2000$ Up front payment off the lease deal for the cooper countryman so details are now as follows. Does this look fair?

i also asked about MSD but apparently MINI Financial services are no-longer offering multi security deposit lease option anymore.

Cooper countryman 
    msrp 34800
    selling 32200
    2 year lease 
    12k miles per year 
    0.00152 money factor 
    68% Residual 
    monthly $522.64 plus tax
    zero due at signing
    Also when in your opinion is the best price to finalize a deal and place an order to get the best deal? I keep hearing 'end of month' or should I hold this offer for a few days now at the end of July and wait to see figures from you for August which could be better, and be prepared to go back and ask for a revised quote??

Thanjs so much for your expert opinion!!!
    Adding a comment from the dealer:
    Normal drives off in this car is 
    Bank fee $925
    1st payment 
    Ref fees
    Total: $1944
    If you are planning to put nothing out of pocket then it gets carried over to the selling price.

Does this seem reasonable?

Got a quote on a lease wanted to run by folks here:
    Clubman S
    Auto
    Cold weather pkg. All season tires.
    24 months
    2000 down including all fees
    10k miles per year
    $296

What do you guys think?
  • stark9182stark9182 Member Posts: 17
    Hi, do you have any numbers for august for the countryman? 36 months 5k miles per year?
    stark9182 said:

Hi, do you have any numbers for august for the countryman? 36 months 5k miles per year?

We did not get any MINI lease numbers for August.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gambit023gambit023 Member Posts: 3
    Can I please get residual and MF for a 2017 Countryman base
    36 month/12k miles per year
    gambit023 said:

Can I please get residual and MF for a 2017 Countryman base

Sorry, we did not get the MINI program numbers, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gambit023gambit023 Member Posts: 3
    Are the October numbers available for the following for Maryland:

2017 Mini Countryman Base
    residual and MF
    gambit023 said:

Are the October numbers available for the following for Maryland:

2017 Mini Countryman Base
    residual and MF

We haven't see the October MINI lease program information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator