Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Lucerne

Comments

• togadelictogadelic Posts: 21
    the large car SHOULD be a growing market

larger consumers that drive all the trucks as commuter vehicles when they don't really use them as trucks will start going to larger cars because they can fit and the mpg just makes more sense
  • sgtslatesgtslate Posts: 16
    Well I finally decided on a new car and it is a brand new loaded up 2006 Buick Lucerne CXL in the stealthy Sharkskin color. I test drove so many cars and this one had every gadget I wanted and drives so quiet. My Lucerne is loaded with almost all the options. Navigation, Remote start, Air conditioned seats, etc. I was a hard core Japan Honda/Toyota fan but GM sucked me back in with this beatiful sedan. Well the zero percent interest didn't hurt either. Even though I am still euphoric over my new purchase, I am really happy with it and think I made the right decision. bravo GM on a really classy car!
    when will it get the new tranny?
  • sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    Probably will not get one.
  • Yes I have 4 American choices,that I had to narrow to one,and it too may have a problem.

Buick Lacrosse same platform as Impala. Has a premium 3.6L
    engine with a text book flat torque curve, that might be great to drive.However it's still MID-size and has standard radio.

Caddy CTS 3.6L engine with 5 speed auto,BOSE high-end audio
    but still is a MID-size car.

Finally as I've only owned GM cars I hesitate to suggest #3&4

Mercury Grand Marquis RWD has THE MOST INTERIOR ROOM
    We all know it's old school design and would need a radio aftermarket upgrade.

Chrysler 300 Touring FULL-SIZE Sedan 250HP V6, with 5speed auto. It has a 276 watt Boston Acoustics Radio with Sirius Sattelite option.
    I think this version retails for less than 30K.This car has an exceptionally long wheelbase ,and think it affects turning radius,which is large also at 1or2 feet less than Lucerne?

Remember when selecting the sunroof option you give up 2 INCHES of headroom.

Car shopping was easier when we had a few more American
    choices like Olds88,Pontiac Bonneville,etc.

Keep readers here informed,Thanks.
  • mark_wnymark_wny Posts: 64
    my innocent inquiry a few pages back (on V-6 vs. V-8) generated a lot of posts - all of them very helpful. All in all, I'm getting ever more interested in Lucerne!
    the chrysler 300 doesn't offer bench seats though does it?
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,727
    I believe the look of the blacked out grill is preferred over the chromed grill. In the 2003 models the Celebration Edition had the blacked out grill--sportier look or cooler look, whichever way you want to say it.

Don't shoot the messenger please. I own one with the blacked out grill. They're all plastic, I assume, just chrome coated.

This message has been approved.

buick forums out there that deal with buick like hondasuv?
    do you have to use premium gas?
  • rake2rake2 Posts: 120
    No. I have the Northstar and have used all grades of gas without any noticable difference in performance, although I haven't paid close attention to try to track the difference.
  • sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    The difference in performance between regular and premium is very subtle. If you are happy with the regular, there is no point in paying for premium. I use premium in my 2002 Seville, which has the same engine as the Lucerne. Where I notice difference is in the down shifts under full throttle, with regular there seems some hesitation after a downshift, while on premium there isn't. There does not seem to be any difference in fuel consumption.
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    Considering replacing our '04 Suburban (gas hog, and just too much unused space) with a new Lucerne.

The model of choice would be a CXL V6, and the local dealer we deal with has about 8 of them, all that same model--and 2 are pretty much exactly what I think we'd want. Just a single option each, a Platinum/Titanium with chrome wheels and a White Opal/Cashmere with 6-CD.

It looks like the current bonus rebate is $1500, according to GM, but Edmunds also lists an additional dealer incentive of $1000 if the vehicle was invoiced prior to 4/1/06--i.e., old stock. Any idea if this is really true? And is the 2.9% financing limited to a certain term?

Planning on driving one for the first time tomorrow, but already like the looks, the gas mileage, and the price.
  • Welcome! Please let the Forum know your , road test impressions of this car.

As you are a first time driver of Lucerne, they may be more accurate than mine which are biased!

This format allows you to plug in words you choose using the "search " function ,but if you have time, reading some older messages may give you some detailed info about this great automobile.
  • b88lazerb88lazer Posts: 21
    Is this forum still active?
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Posts: 6,048
    Yep, got a question/comment?
  • For Readers:FYI
    Some time ago someone wanted to know if Lucerne had Auto- Level Control. It Definetly does.
    This was included on my older Park.Ave and I can say that the car's ride and handling is great,even when loaded with four or five people and luggage. (and we have all seen cars on the highway with their rear bumpers far closer to the ground than the front when loaded like this).It was not found on Lesabre until 2000,(I think).

Strangely the 2006 Lucerne Brouchure says nothing about it, but the Caddy 2006 DTS(both cars made at same factory) Brouchere shows it's standard. I hope it will be listed in '07 and hate to think GM wants it this way!

My 2007 ordering info given to me by a Dealer shows it as standard on all models. When I thought about buying an '06 I called a contact at the factory and he said it was on all '06 models also.
    >It was not found on Lesabre until 2000,(I think).

Strange, my 98 LeSabre has it. And earlier LeSabres, like 1989, had auto load leveling. Not all Park Avenues had it. The base models, e.g., in 95 didn't seem to have it when I had one as a loaner.

• I stand corrected to a degree.

I know that when I bought in '94 it was Standard on all versions of the Park Ave.

As I have the '94 Full line Brochure I just learned that auto-level
    was included with the LeSabre "grand touring"suspension option only.

Once had a blown fuse that prevented auto level from working
    in my car and that may have been situation in the '95 you mention.

Perhaps in '2000 it became standard on LeSabre

The Buick fans here keep each other accurate!
    You might want to see if the load leveling was included in the Limited's SE option package. It was available on 93 and 98 when I bought them.

The 95 Park Avenue didn't have it because I looked. There were no lines to the rear struts. I'd noticed it didn't have the pump run after starting so I looked.