Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Lucerne

Comments

• trucker50trucker50 Posts: 148
    2006 MSRP Base price CXL V-6 $27,265
    2007 MSRP Base price CXL V-6 $28,460 - $1165 dollars more ....source looking at stickers of 2 cars side by side

add in the lack of rebate on the '07....the '07 is $2695 dollars more....of course you still have the option for 0% for 60 months on the '06 instead of the rebate
  • My first post to this forum! I have had my '06 CXL for about 6 weeks and just love it! I have the Memory Package that will recall the settings for 2 drivers but have a question...It appears in the manual that this should allow the seat position, mirrors, temperature, and radio settings to be recalled, however, mine is only recalling the seats and mirrors.

I wonder if anyone can tell me if this is normal; whether there are two types of this package; or if I am not setting it properly?? To set it, I am just hold the "1" or "2" button until I hear two beeps.

Thanks for any help!
  • smu1976smu1976 Posts: 110
    Looks like my 94 Pontiac Bonneville with the same 3.8 liter engine.
    0-60 in 9.4 seconds? Damn, thats slow for a car in 2006. I think my old Suburban did that. I can't be too hard on the car cause I haven't drove it, but you put a Northstar into about anything, you got a nice car.
    I would not put this anywhere near a 5 series BMW. That guy is going to loss is shirt on depreciation. To me, its got small car styling and the size of a Crown Vic, looks better in pictures than live. Car choice of this (with the 3.8), Chrsyler 300 (no hemi), Ford Five Hundred, Pacifica and Dodge Magnum. Will do a final test drive, but got to go with the 300, can't see where the Buick has it beat and it's tight if so. Am I missing something here? The big engine's are not worth the huge increase in the sticker price. A northstar or hemi is not that much more costly to produce. Why can't America make a quick six cylinder that gets to to 60 mph in around 7 seconds? Got to put these small block V8's that get around 10 mpg in the city.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    I don't have one but my 04 Trailblazer remembers all including temp and radio and even the power gas/brake pedal too. I have had about 6 GM's with this feature and they all remembered that and some more. Sounds like something loose.
  • That is normal. Mine is the say way.
    I just bought an '06. I love mine too.
  • vic10vic10 Posts: 188
    Just saw photos of the new Lexus LS sedan. Aside from some front and back end details, I'd have a hard time telling it apart from the Lucerne, especially the side view. So maybe the design is not as boring as I had thought.....
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,690
    Did you mean the "ES"? They do look very similar. Toyota has copied many of it's styles from other cars.

This message has been approved.

• vic10vic10 Posts: 188
    No, their flagship. Think it's now the LS460. Saw it in the new Car&Driver.
    haven't changed their building of their tires to the quality level needed for modern cars.

• jib4jib4 Posts: 13
    Well my friends. My sis just rented a lucerne and after stopping for a bite to eat she came out to find her car on fire and watched it burn to a crisp. Complete toast. Just glad nobody was hurt but this car. It may be that the '06 recall for the power steering hose may be in play for the '07 model as well. That hose break caused fires. Can't say what the cause was here but....

BE CAREFUL FOLKS !
  • plektoplekto Posts: 3,706
    My first reaction to this is that the problem lies entirely with the automatic dimming/twilight sentinel feature and/or the light sensor. When it is going bad, you get those sorts of lighting issues.

Try turning it all the way off/manual lights mode and see if that doesn't fix it.
    The test would be to completely switch wheels with a good car on the lot. The dealer can do that to test _if they want to_.

• I've tried to follow this thread and on several occassions there was a mention of TSB'S for the Lucerne, does anyone have a comprehensive list of TSB'S for this vehicle?

Thanks in advance for responses.
  • I wish I did. If you get one, please post. There are some here on Edmunds.com. I also found a phone number on the Buick site that said you could call and order Service Bulletins 1-800-551-4123. I haven't tried it. Found a site called mycarstats.com that lists complaints, recalls and TSB's but not much applied to my issues. Good Luck.
  • llt2llt2 Posts: 2
    Hi. New guy on the block. I have a Lucerne with steering and handling problems. The car drifted to the right and was unstable on any road in the wind and on truck rutted roads without wind. My service department didn't like it much when I told them that my '93 motor home was more stable. The end result after the second try on the alignment rack was to increase caster to max (+5.5) and to adjust camber and toe to get rid of the drift. Drives great now. The short story on the loose, grinding, binding, or whatever in the steering is that "It was designed that way and there is no fix." Through my shop foreman and looking at GM's discussions on this problem is that the angle on the universal joint between the steering shaft and rack and pinion is too great. The initial "fix" is to loosen the four bolts that hold the engine cradle in place and move the cradle as far forward as possible. This may get you an eighth of an inch. Seems to work for some. It worked for about 200 miles for me. Same problem.
  • What suggestions would you make for improvements on the Lucerne?

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• Talk about what you love or not so much love about Lucerne design.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• frostyrfrostyr Posts: 20
    The car is extremly good looking. Three suggetions:
    1) Make is smaller (198 inches).
    2) Make is lighter
    3) Make is more fuel efficient.

Also, keep making the split bench seat.
  • jh1977jh1977 Posts: 40
    1) Put the trunk release latch on the door of the driver's
    side, like it is in the Buick Lesabre (2000 thru 2005).

2) Improve Agility.

3) Improve emergency handling.

4) Improve braking distance.

5) Have a folding rear seat.

6) Have an optional newer V6 engine engine which has better
    acceleration and fuel economy than the current 3.8 liter
    engine in the Lucerne. Maybe GM's 3.9 liter or 3.6
    liter engines could be used in the Lucerne.

7) The length of the Lucerne (203.2 inches) is perfect.
    Please do not change it unless you want to increase its
    length a few more inches.

8) Keep the outside mirrors which can be folded in.

9) Keep the battery under the rear seat as it is in the
    buick lesabre (2000 thru 2005.)

10) Have a stability control system standard on the Lucerne.
  • m1miatam1miata Posts: 4,556
    I would say the side profile is pretty good and the interior is richer looking than GM cars of the last three decades. The rear looks like my old Corolla '98 model only larger. While this is good in a way, as I really like the look on the smaller car, I do believe on a larger Buick it needs to be different. Something more aggressive looking - more pronounced would look good for the tail end. The DTS has a better rear. The front is fine, but the eyes are a bit too large. Do not car for foot brakes for emergency brakes, but the interior overall is OK. Put the 3.6 V6 engine in there and sell the car for around $25K to $28K and it would be a deal. Make the warranty 5 yr. bumper to bumper.
    -Loren