Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Lucerne

1747576777880»

Comments

• nace818nace818 Posts: 140
    I could constantly get 30 mpg with my Northstar V8 if I didn't have a lead foot. Trip computer reads 30 mpg if you drive about 60 mph. However I restrain myself and try to keep it about 68-70. That V8 rumble just sounds so good it's hard not to keep your foot in it. It's not so bad though since you can use regular grade gas.
  • tbone_raretbone_rare Posts: 96
    I can't see Buick dropping the Lucerne. It might be time for a redesign. The one they did for the 2010 Lacrosse is jaw dropping! It just depends on what you're looking for with your new car. The Lucerne is going to give you the typical smooth Buick ride. The Lacrosse will get you more MPG and a sportier ride and drive. How much space do you need for passengers? Those are questions you should ask yourself before deciding which one to test drive.
  • twinbtwinb Posts: 140
    Ah, I don't know about that. Caddy is dropping both the STS & DTS, coming out with the XTS which is supposed to be a combo of both. From what I've seen of the concept & read about the XTS, it's neither. At my local Buick dealer I was told the Lucerne won't be redesigned before the '12 or '13 model year. I like the roominess & the ride compared to the LaCrosse; that cockpit feel in the LaCrosse makes me feel like a sardine in a can, & being tall I bumped my knees getting in & out of the thing with that extension of the dash just inside the door. Seems to me like the American companies are going for the sport suspension/drive & waving bye-bye to the luxurious comfortable ride they've been known for.
  • tbone_raretbone_rare Posts: 96
    Cadillac will do exactly what Buick did when they replaced the Lesabre and PA. The Lucerne was supposed to be a combination of both. In fact, previous drivers of the Lesabre and PA were not overly thrilled with the Lucerne. Most of those customers were older and probably a little set in their ways. Slowly but surely those customers are changing their minds. I think some of the rationale has to do with upcoming CAFE standards. Cadillac will be like all others when it comes to EPA fuel efficiency. We will probably all see the luxurious comfortable rides compromised to some extent IMO.
  • oldguy8oldguy8 Posts: 12
    Do not believe the computer mileage, do it the old fashion way, most of the time it is better than what the computer shows.
  • nace818nace818 Posts: 140
    That's good to know. I haven't done it that way yet. The computer consistently shows 27-28 highway even with my V8 CXS. It's been said that higher octane gas gets better mpg, Does anyone believe this to be true? I may have to do a test.
  • I test drove both the Lucerne and LaCrosse before purchasing a new 2011 LaCrosse earlier this week. The Lucerne rides like the Cadillac DTS I recently had- very comfortable ride. I have heard the Lucerne is going to be phased out soon for another model. I have not heard the LaCrosse is going to be replaced. I liked both cars very much- but the LaCrosse handles like a sports car ( hugs the road and excellent control)i on tight curves, winding roads etc. and still gives me a comfortable ( Buick) ride. I also preferred the actual looks of the LaCrosse over the Lucerne- but would have been happy with either one. Most of the available options are the same- navigation system, rear parking assist, etc. Other LaCrosse owners have had visibility/perception issues with rear and parallel parking- its still too new to credibly comment on this, but do believe the rear parking assist will help if this is an issue. The headrest on the passenger seat takes away some visibility when looking out the back right side window while driving. Both are priced nearly identical so this was not an issue. I have had good results with GM quality- also own a 2008 Buick Enclave and 2010 Malibu. I did compare the LaCrosse with the Acura TL and Lexus 350 and the LaCrosse won hands down- for the mid 30's, this is one nice car!
  • I had an "outtie" door ding appear suddenly one day just after opening and closing the driver's window on a 2011 Chrysler 300C. I thought I had been hit by a shopping cart, but my dent doctor said it was an 'outtie' and that something in the door panel dented the door from the inside. Most likely a loose screw or other part from the window regulator. The dent doctor fixed the dent, but, the Chrysler dealer could not find the cause after removing the interior trim panel covering the window regulator. There was another panel underneath this one, but they did not remove it. They did take out the window and could not see anything that would hit the door.

Anyone have any experience with something like this? I had one once before on the trunk of my Mercedes when I put a large suitcase in the trunk and slammed the trunk shut without realizing the interference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brownie 12