Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang (2005 & newer) Problems and Solutions

Comments

• I would suggest you go back to the first post and read them all. Some are responses to problems, many are actual problems though.

Reality check! Oops were is my number counter when I need it?
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    I've been here since the beginning. There are NOT 691 people with issues. There MIGHT be 20 or 30. How's about you read from the beginning and pay attention next time. When/If you do that, you will notice that the biggest issue is the gas tank problem. The next is a common rattle behind the passenger airbag. Everything else is just people complaining about nothing. More recently there have been 2 people with automatic transmission problems and I believe there were 2 or 3 people with rearend failures. A far cry from 691 people with issues, wouldn't you agree?

Oh yeah, there have been some complaints about the Shaker stereo skipping on discs, but I group that in with complaining about nothing. It happens so seldom that it isn't worth mentioning and, in fact, a lot of the folks with the problem haven't even bothered to get it fixed. Some of the people that did get it "fixed" ended up with the backlighting no longer working because the new unit wasn't programmed properly. So they basically made their own problem worse.

There, I've brought you up to speed. Does that seem like 691 people with problems to you? :confuse: How about click over to the regular board and see how many people are absolutely thrilled with their Mustangs.
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    "Some are responses to problems, many are actual problems though."

True.

But you insinuated (or was just being cute) that since there was 691 posts (or whatever the number was), there was 691 different folks with problems.

Ah.....no. Not even close. And I can assure you that he HAS read all those posts, as have I, over the last year.

Personally, I would be surprised if there were more than 100 different individuals represented in this forum with problems with their Mustangs. Actually, make that 50.

What usually happens is this: a person logs on and reports a problem. They may or may not also detail the issues they are having with their service department. Usually, anywhere from 2-5 folks chime in with either helpful advice or to throw in their own opinions about how crappy the Mustang is in particular or Ford is in general. Sometimes, a GM fan (or other) will step in to stir the pot for a few posts and then leave. Sometimes the original poster logs back in and reports 2-3-4 times about the progress (or non-progress) in resolving the issues they are having. Sometimes there are little back-and-forths just like this one where someone points to the number of posts as some sort of 'proof' about how rotten the Mustang is or how many folks are having problems.

So, Reality Check #3 - equating the number of posts with the number of problems is faulty logic.
    Sorry. Didn't mean to step on your toes.

I hope this doesn't mean there are now 696 folks here in the Inside Line with problems with their Mustangs......
  • Well after 10 months and many trips to the dealer I think I finally have the car I thought I bought originally. I was real happy with the last visit to the dealer for the gas tank replacement and they even fixed my noisy rattle in the dash. They offered me a loaner, Fixed it in two days and definitely acted as if my business counted. I think the negative feedback really hurts the dealer as every visit I've had has gotten a follow up call for satisfaction and a survey mailer. Ford know's you're not gonna buy another car from them if you had a nightmare getting service.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    No harm done, rorr. ;)
  • What? Can't criticize a car? Can't complain about problems? What kind of world is this?

I love my Mustang, but find it very useful to read about others' problems with the car -- and the fact that multiple people have had the same problems (gas tank, transmission, and dashboard rattle) indicates some real issues. If my car ever develops any of these problems, I can go to the dealer with the knowledge that it's a design or production flaw, not just a fluke with my car only. Armed with these facts, I'll be able to stand up to the usual dealer evasive tactics.

We live in a real world, things go wrong. The people at Ford should be reading this forum and improving their product.
  • No reasonable person here objects to others posting problems and seeking solutions. The problems start when some folks post who don't even OWN the car in question, or when the person who is having problems starts taking on a Holy War against the manufacturer and is seeking recruits for some kind of apocalyptic revenge.

It's much better for a forum when people work together to help each other out of a jam on a personal level rather than try and punish the Ford Motor Company.
    "The problems start when some folks post who don't even OWN the car in question..."

uh oh...... :blush:

...does this mean I can't kibitz anymore?
  • No, you're fine. I was referring to the "smash and run" type of poster and the chronic "brand-basher". You all know the types.

Any good advice is always welcome...I even try to jump in myself now and then ("a closed mouth gathers no feet").
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 6,885
    taking on a Holy War against the manufacturer and is seeking recruits for some kind of apocalyptic revenge.

Damn...Shifty....that's good prose..... :shades:
  • too much coffee this morning :P
  • kdd66kdd66 Posts: 1
    I just got my 06 GT 3 weeks ago. It has 900 miles on it and I am already experiencing the gas tank issue. I took it to the dealer today to have them look at it. They said that my mustang was built after such and such date and that all mustangs built after that date had a new gas tank that didn't have the "fill" issue. So I let them keep it and they worked with ford engineering to fill up the tank with sensors to determine any 'voltage' problems. Of course, they couldn't recreate the problem and suggested that next time I fill it more slowly.

This is so frustrating. This is the 10th car I have bought in my lifetime and only the second American car. I never experienced any problems with the toyotas or hondas I purchased. If Ford and GM want to know why they are near bankruptcy they just need to look at their quality and service strategies.
  • I have a 05 GT rag-top with the manual transmission. So far (5000km) I have encountered the rattling dash and the gas tank problem (only once though). But what I am wondering is if anyone has noticed that the passenger seat (leather) seems to have less padding than the driver side. I find the driver's side to be very comfortable, in fact I found the ergonomics to be much better than I remembered from the test drive. However, I find the passenger side very hard and uncomfortable. Could it be because there are less adjustments available the passenger ends up with an awkward weight distribution or a funny posture?
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 6,885
    Could be the difference in adjustments on the passenger seat. More likely, it's stiffer because no one rides in the passenger seat as often as the driver's seat gets used.
  • user777user777 Posts: 3,341
    dang, i'd like to suggest he drinks more coffee...i agree, that's some good stuff he's keying in when he's keyed up.
  • Hey everyone,
    I'll most likely be getting an '06 V-6 convertible this weekend. I'd definitely like to hear of any trouble anyone might be having if they happen to own one or an '06 GT for that matter. It'd really help. Thanks!
  • I've noticed the same thing. The driver's seat is definitely different and of higher quality than the passenger's seat. This seems to be one of those areas that Ford skimped on to make the car cheaper, to reach a lower price point.

I, for one, have had no problems with the gas tank, transmission, or dashboard. My car, a GT Premium coupe manufactured in early July, has about 1100 mi. When I first bought it the engine light went on and the car went into safe mode. The dealer fixed it right away (a loose sensor). The only problem I've had is that the seat release button on the back of the passenger's seat comes off and the frame for it is loose. I haven't had the time to get it fixed yet. It remains to be seen if it will be fixed properly.

I got a questionnaire from Ford asking me about my buying experience. I rated the dealer very low because the car wasn't clean inside or out when they sold it, there weren't enough holes drilled for the license plate, in front the holes were too small, and they obviously didn't check the car very thoroughly, given the fact that the engine light went on within the first 4 miles. I've been toying with the idea of getting a GT500, but will simply not buy another car from the same dealer, especially one requiring a complicated special order of a high-end vehicle.
  • I have had my 06 Mustang with the new Pony package on it for 4 weeks and I have had an awful time getting gas in it. They have even went to far to replace the gas tank thinking that that would help, but it takes approximately 15-25 minutes to get a full tank of gas. You would not believe what the dealership has told me, plus when I called customer service at Ford, they said they researched it and they do not find that there is a problem. They cannot tell me this because of all of the people having problems. I do no know of another couple that got a 06 GT and they had there gas tank removed 1 week after they got it and it has not helped. It does not matter what gas station you go to. I really do not think that it is the tank, maybe the neck going to the tank. This is the first Ford I have owned and it may be the last.
  • I have had my 06 mustang with the new pony package for approximately 4 weeks. Good luck with getting gas in the car. Hopefully you will allow some time with it, because it takes approximately 15-25 minutes to get a full tank of gas. It keeps shutting off and gas comes out at you. Just stay clear from it when you do get gas. By the way they have installed a new gas tank and it does not help. Also a friend has a new gas tank in his 06GT 1 week after he received it and it did not help either

Also I have a noise in the rear end. The dealership states that it is the suspension, but I do not believe it. It will be going to another dealer for a second opinion
This discussion has been closed.