Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang (2005 & newer) Problems and Solutions

Comments

• gzgtpgzgtp Posts: 83
    Add my name to the list of GT owners whos GT is runnin' like a dream. ;)
  • rmackowskyrmackowsky Posts: 19
    Just left my 06 GT at home for 10 days while on vacation. Thought about the dead battery issue when I went to start for the first time after returning. Turned the key, and lo and behold - started right up.
  • pony_piratepony_pirate Posts: 317
    My GT Premium w/ manual sits in the garage for 7-9 days all the time. Always starts with a vengence, as if to say, "Let's go, let me out!"

(My Honda Accord Ex, on the other hand, loses all juice if left for more than 7-8 days, and this with a brand new Die Hard and after being "checked out" by the dealer.)
  • paulctpaulct Posts: 16
    Nothing is plugged in or turned on. I'm well versed in electronics and my first thought that something had been left connected. But nothing has been left on. The service dealer admitted today (for the first time)that Ford has received calls on this problem and there is evidence that the Shaker radio may be causing the problem. They advised me to turn the radio off before turning the car off. They also noted a current drainon the battery when the car was off but then it disappeared! Apparently it will be another month or two before a service bulletin is issued. The car is still at the dealer and I will pick it up on Friday. They are still in the dark and guessing! For anyone else with this problem it may be important to note which factory options were installed or build date.
  • idamay27idamay27 Posts: 7
    We are having the very same problem. We have a 2005 GT also with the Shaker 1000. The dealer replaced the battery for us the first time also. Then we let the car sit a week and the battery was dead again. The dealer told us we have to start the car every three days. This is such bull! Please keep us posted. When we want to take it for a ride, the battery is dead. We don't use it as an everyday driver. Thanks again. :mad:
  • I have the 2006 V6. Took delivery in December and the car sat most of the winter in the garage. Only took her out on an occasional weekend when there was no snow. Have not had any problems. I do not use it as a daily driver and when I start her up, no problems.

Perhaps you are just getting some bad batteries. We had a new car a while back that turned out to have a bad cell in the battery. Once it was replaced, no problem
  • idamay27idamay27 Posts: 7
    I think it is a problem with the 2005 GT model only.
  • allcarsrcoolallcarsrcool Posts: 113
    I Love the new ford mustang convertable, but, I've heard about some engine issues with other fords in the past. I have heard that they spend more time in the "shop" than in the driveway and that they are constantly breaking down... Is this true? Does it carry over to the new Mustang?
  • stuwstuw Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 auto mustang and since day there has been a horrible dashboard rattle. I have had the dealer look at the airbag bracket on the passenger side, they say everything is tight.

Any suggestions from anyone, the rattles are driving me crazy it sound like its coming from inside the dash.

helpppppp :mad: :mad:
  • trantitranti Posts: 51
    I bought A V6 4 months ago. It was made in Mar 05. The engine roars at 1500 rpm. The dealer added a damper to the exhaust 2 weeks ago It is a little better. Now, the car has vibration at speed over 60 mph. Anyone knows what causes the problem. I will go to the dealer in 4 days.
  • lmmlmm Posts: 70
    ran my up to 100mph yesterday on the hwy. ran like melted butter.

i also had the damper put on, and yes a little better but it still there. did you have vibration before? If no, then tell them to redo it.
  • I've had my V6 up to and over 100mph. Never had any vibration problems.
    Thank you for your response. I did not have vibration before. I removed the damper and attached it to many locations, sometimes it was better, sometimes it was worse. I will tell them redo it.
    I test drove my car this morning. It has vibration between 60 and 70 mph. Outside that range, it run smoothly, even up to 95 mph. Is it a problem? I think something is wrong with transmission or differential.
  • lmmlmm Posts: 70
    So, you had the vibration between 60-70mph with and without the damper?

I had the damper for the 1500rpm vibration. I also noticed that the vibration diminishes if not using overdrive during city driving. Maybe you are better off without the damper.

The vibration could be from the stock muffler. Some people have reported when they changed muffler configurations the vibrations disppeared.
  • dan1dan1 Posts: 76
    Anyone getting accesive tire wear with the Pirelli P Zero's? I put them on my 01 Bullitt and after about 10k they are down to about 4/32's. I have never done any burn outs and never raced it. They supposed to have a 400 tread wear rating but they have no tread life warrenty.
  • gtgtcobragtgtcobra Posts: 259
    I am surprised that the 05 & 06 Mustangs all have vibrations. I own a 2001 Mustang GT and a 2002 V6 Mustang and I never had any vibration problems. Ford needs to get the bugs out of the new Mustang. It's been over 2 years now since the new 05 body style came out and Ford STILL hasn't worked out the bugs on these cars. I would never buy a 05 & an 06 Mustang with all these problems that they have. I am lucky to own the older body style which has been problem free to me.
    The new Mustangs are :lemon: 's.
  • I have read the latest posts with interest becuause my '06 GT runs like a bandit and so, so smooth......I have replaced the exhaust with a Magnaflow w/ MagnaPack Cat Back system and the air filter with a C&L TrueFlow Cold Air system. Ran smooth (no vibrations)prior to the changes as well......I'm purely satisfied with mine... ;)
  • 4pointo4pointo Posts: 2
    OK, I bought a 05 a couple of weeks ago and I have the "unknown source" dash rattle too! Of course the rattle disappeared when the dealer looked at it, so it's up to me to find it and fix it. Have you had any luck with wedging the paper between the dash and the A-pillar? :confuse:
  • 4pointo4pointo Posts: 2
    I found this reply on another site:
    "Well I got my car back from the dealer ship a few hours ago. I had taken it in cause the brakes started to make noise again. I had it there for the same problem before, they turned the rotors and it went away for a little now its back[:@] So I went back and they did the 05-10-10 TSB.

I also asked them to check the rattling that I hear when driving on certain roads in the passenger compartment (like the air bag was loose I told them basically) They said this...

Dash Rattle
    Oasis#311 173 734
    Road test-verify concern-perform niose diagnosis-traced noise to far right area-r+r 'A' Pillar trim for access- Isolate rattling dash sections with foam tape-road test and isolate sections until noise gone- road test & verify noise gone.

I didn't hear any rattling on the road that I hear it on all the time.

The tranny rattle that I heard when the car would start up after sitting happen to be a tsb I never heard of...
    Ran SSMS - Install clamps to noisy ehaust hangers as per TSB # 06-04-01
    We'll see how that goes in the morning before work. It usually would rattle a little bit in the morning for a second or two.

Just wanted to let you guys know cause I remember some others having Dash rattles and so called tranny rattles. Get em check up, get the 05's to par lol"

Hope this helps...
  • gzgtpgzgtp Posts: 83
    This is a "problems" board, of course you are going to hear about a few problems owners may have. Think about all the 05 and 06 Mustang owners (such as myself) that have no problems at all. To say that the new Mustangs are :lemon: 's is just plain ignorant.
    Oh yeah, the body styling on the '06 is much sweeter in my opinion than an '01 and '02... much sweeter.
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,220
    I was one of the first to get an '05 Mustang GT when it first came out. Owned it for 9 months. Only sold it because I was offered more than I paid for it.

Whithin the first month of ownership, I went to a "Mustang Meet" in my 'burg.

There was a lady there who had just bought her GT, too. She was upset with all the "noise" it made. She said she had taken it back to the dealer several times and was planning to try "Lemon Law" procedures.

When I asked her what the issue was, she said the exhaust wasn't right and that it vibrated. I asked her to fire it up. When she did, all I heard was the beautiful exhaust note. When she reved it a bit and put it in drive, the tires would, indeed, "chirp" (the cause of her vibration).

I told her that everything was normal. She still didn't believe me. When I asked her what kind of car she had previous to the Mustang GT, she said she had a Toyota Solara.

Yeah....they are both coupes, but that's about the only thing that was similar about them.

I guess it's all about expectations and knowing what you have.
    I tried to move the damper to many locations and even removed it, the vibration was still there. Yesterday, I fell that the car had vibration at all speeds. It was strongest between 60 and 70 mph. I will go to the dealer tomorrow. I will post when I have something new.
    Two weeks ago, my car ran smoothly. The vibration has happened just 2 weeks.
  • dave362dave362 Posts: 4
    I have this exact same problem with my 2005 V6, I had the car back to the dealer twice (they installed the damper to no avail) then I complained to Ford's corporate e-mail.
    This is Ford's reply to me, they are saying that this
    and the rattly front end are normal for the car. I too
    suspect the transmission or driveshaft. I think they
    need to fire some engineers.

Subject: Ford Motor Company
    Dear Dave,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the concerns you have experienced with your 2005 Ford Mustang.

In an effort to assist you with this matter, we have contacted Westfield Ford. According to your dealership's assessment your vehicle is operating within Ford specifications. Your dealership has factory trained technicians, comprehensive service information and specialized equipment to resolve your vehicle concerns. We concur with the dealerships assessment. If you require further explanation or the conditions change, please speak with the Service Manager, Steve Berry.

In addition, Ford is concerned with the satisfaction of all Ford and Lincoln-Mercury customers. Your feedback on the Mustang is highly valued by all divisions within Ford Motor Company and serves to provide us with insight into areas where we may need improvement.

We have documented your comments which will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review and consideration. Thank you for your feedback and we hope that your future experiences with Ford products will be more positive.

If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,
    Alice
    Customer Relationship Center
    Ford Motor Company
    Oh! No. Tomorrow, if the dealer tells me it is normal, I have no choice but get rid of the car right away. I get my title ready to trade it in tomorrow for a Toyota and never by any Ford car.
  • gtgtcobragtgtcobra Posts: 259
    You are doing the right thing by getting rid of the Mustang. There's no excuse for it to have vibrations.
    I told Ford in my e-mail that I was going to
    trade mine in for a Volkswagen. I had a Passat before this
    car that cost maybe $1500 than the Mustang and was built like a steel vault, no rattles, vibrations etc... and
    it never went back to the dealer at all. :confuse:
    I just come back from the dealer. They relocated the damper. It is better, but the problem is still there. I will go Toyota dealer to trade it in for a Camry Solara on this weekend.
    Good luck with the new car, I don't blame you
    at all for trading the Mustang, for what cars cost now you should be totally happy with how they perform.
    If I wasn't so upside-down on my loan I'd be next
    in line to trade mine in. :)
This discussion has been closed.