Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang (2005 & newer) Problems and Solutions

1444546474850»

Comments

• mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    Some 2005-2007 Mustang GT vehicles equipped with the 8.8 inch limited slip axle may exhibit a moan/groan noise when making tight low speed turns. This may be more noticeable when the axle is at full operating temperature. The noise may also be confused as originating from the brakes or steering system.

This is a documented problem and the dealer should replace the limited slip clutch pack. Since your dealer seems to be unaware of this, maybe you should get to a dealer that knows what he/she is doing.

Mark.
  • What your dealer needs to do is fix your car or find some other dealer to do it. There are technical service bulletins (TSB's) for the hesitation after the highway driving. It is the fuel pump getting a couple of tiny air bubbles in it and causing the hesitation after prolonged driving. Get the dealer service manager to look up the TSB. Pretty much every issues with these first production models have been documented and can be fixed. Find a dealer to do the work for you and that wants your business. Describe to them in technical detail what the car was doing and how you were driving. Concentrate on find the right dealer to fix it because chasing Ford will get you nowhere.

DW
  • Thank you for this link!!! I am taking my car in to the dealer next week I hope, and maybe I can point him to this "repair." It all sounds logical to me, except for the fact that my car is only a month old, so I wonder how that filter could be clogged, but you never know.

Thanks again, I will let everyone know if there is any joy!
  • Thank you all for your replies and I have great news! I (we, with your help) have outsmarted the service dept. and their "we can't find a thing wrong with your car" attitude. Took it in AGAIN last week with ANOTHER list of things wrong. Tank won't fill, died after coming off the interstate, trunk won't pop open, transmission totally failed (see my first post), etc. Called them the next day, oh yes maam, we've ordered the gas tank replacement. Ok, cool, how about the fuel pump? No we can't find anything wrong with it. Hmmm says I to the nice man,that's funny because I just paid $20 bucks this morning to download Ford's very own TSB's and the one about hesitation after a long cruise is exactly as if I'd wrtten it myself. Do you not have access to these TSB's, I asked the nice man, by now not feeling very nice myself. Oh yes maam, our "techs" look them up, but often they don't really match the problem. Hmmmm, I said, give me your fax number. I faxed him the TSB's, later that afternoon, he called and says, yes we've ordered your fuel pump. THAT'S RIGHT you've ordered my fuel pump! They don't realize that we are not the "in the dark" consumers that we used to be. Do your research! So to make this (my apologies, but I think you will find it worth it) long thread a bit shorter, they did what I told them, lol, AND i'm getting a free oil change in return for the $20 I had to spend diagnosing my OWN car!!!!! My theory is, that the fewer warrantied repairs a dealership makes, they probably get some kind of perk from Ford....AND....these TSB's?...if Ford has to repair enough of them they will be forced to do a recall....and you KNOW they don't want that! So they hope the customer will just lie down and accept that nothing can be done. WELLLLLLLL hehehe, "dey don't know who dey messin' wit here"! lol There have been soooo many problems with my car, they've FINALLY admitted that it just may be a bad car, and the call I got yesterday blew me away! They want to meet Monday to discuss buying it back! LOL, after I told them I'd had the car back one day, the NEW tank STILL won't fill properly, went to one station, it cut off at $10, better than the 4 cents it usually gives me granted, but certainly didn't fill, stopped at another station down the street, oh boy it sure let me fill up AND HOW, when i turned around there was a stream of gas down the side of my car and a puddle on the ground....AND...my stereo started messing up, wouldn't accept a cd, skipped on "homemade" ones....well what do you know there is a TSB on that too!... so they know they gotta get a new stereo now, also, it's having cranking issue and won't go into gear quickly, so I guess they figure they'd lose less money buying it back than the total rebuild from the ground up the thing seems to need (and it's pretty obvious by now I AIN'T giving up lol). My dealer is truly a great guy, he's stuck with me and defended me through the whole thing. And the service dept. is very nice, BUT they DO have to answer to Ford, so ya gotta watch em. This sight has been a Godsend for me and I thank you all! In return, for any of you who want to see the TSB's, don't pay for them, email me and I'll scan the one you want for you, hehehe, I was also smart enough to print them ALL out before my one month subscription runs out. You can go to Ford's main website and type in TSB, pick the first suggestion it comes up with, it will take you to Motorcraft and you can see the main title of all the TSB's (41 of them I think!!!!!!!), but you have to pay to see the whole thing. Heck, let's let Ford pay for ALL our repairs with that free oil change they are giving me! And please mention my name when you carry in your little TSB printout, *wink*! Wish me luck Monday, I'll let ya know what happens, either way I WILL win!! :blush:
  • Dear Lady

Can you tell me if there are TSB's for the 2007 Mustangs? If you can provide me with the titles of the 41 TSB's, I would appreciate that, too. I am interested in buying a new GT. I just want to know what I am buying.
  • lmmlmm Posts: 70
    good for you.

FYI, there are OTHER forums out there that have the TSB's listed for free. This forum is good for listing problems but other forums provide much more technical information.
  • TSB's are listed on this, the Edmunds site, under maintenance.
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    "TSB's are listed on this, the Edmunds site, under maintenance."

I learn something new everyday. :)

They're a little difficult to find though (at least they were for me :blush: ). Here's a direct link:

http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/MaintenanceServlet
  • Yes they are, but they are the "headings" and "summaries" only. The full TSB shows every part # needed, down to what bolts to loosen.
  • ClairesClaires Chicago areaPosts: 976
    You may have noticed that we're moving toward smaller, more focused discussions, and a number of those have already been created for this vehicle. Please go to the top level of the board here and look for an existing discussion that fits your question or issue. If you don't see a suitable topic, please feel free to create one by clicking "Add a Discussion". Here's a link to the list of topics here: Ford Mustang

Clicking "Track This Group" will make sure that you don't miss any new posts or discussions. When you come back the next time, just click on "Read New Posts" and you'll be able to click through all new posts and topics in this board.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

This discussion has been closed.