Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang (2005 & newer) Problems and Solutions

Comments

• idamay27idamay27 Posts: 7
    The first time the battery was dead we noticed that the brake light was staying on all the time so we knew that is why the battery was dead. We took it to the dealer and they replaced the brake light switch and gave us a new battery. A week later we tried to start the car and it would not start as the battery was dead again. We put jumper cables on as instructed in the manual (positive cable on assisting vehicle, positive cable on dead battery. Negative on assisting battery, negative on a piece of metal but not on the battery in the dead car (ground) and it sparked and the horn honked. I am not looking at the manual right now, so it may have been negative first with the positive ground. I did it per the manual though. Anyway, we called the 800 number for mustang service and they came out and jumped the car and it started. I was a little concerned because they did not ground it but put negative to negative positive to positive on the battery. I don't know if I am making sense. Anyway, the car started. We drove it for an hour or so and then we would start the car every three days. We skipped a day and went four days and now it is dead again. We have not jumped it or anything yet. It is a hassle as it is parked outside and has two car covers on it and it is all tucked in like a baby. Our garage is full of a 1934 Ford and a 1931 Ford. We need a bigger garage. It is just sitting there dead right now. We are in California and it has been raining almost every day. It may be nice this weekend and we will try to get it started again. I wish it would start every time we wanted to drive it without this hassle. Thank you for being there to help with advice.
  • cobragtcobragt Posts: 95
    I'm begging you to please, please have the alternator checked. If the battery can not hold a charge for a long length of time...that could be the problem. Thats a commone problem in many cars.
    I don't know if you were talking to me on that one...or the original poster...but I do drive my mustang very smooth...however, thats not the point..point I was trying to make is that it is a normal occurance if you are not very smooth with certain cars.
  • unintended post.
  • lavrishevolavrishevo Posts: 312
    Hey guys, just started getting scratches on my front window tint... :cry: My only problem so far with my 06 GT. Not a big issue at all but I can tell it is coming from inside the door panel. Weird because my 05 V6 did not scratch the tint at all. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and had or know of a fix? Going to go to the dealer next week and have them check it.

Thanks,
    D
  • m1miatam1miata Posts: 4,556
    Isn't the tint within the glass? Never bought a car with
    tint, but I assumed it was in the glass if from the manufacturer.
  • lmmlmm Posts: 70
    find the TSB's. There is one for alternator.
  • pony_piratepony_pirate Posts: 317
    I know there are those thinking about buying a 'Tang who check out this forum. For their sake, for the sake of balance, let it be known that I own a Mustang and have had absolutely no serious problems. Neither has someone I know who is also crazy about his Pony. :shades:
    I second that.
    Thank you finally someone agrees with me. :)
    What is a TSB please? Also, where do I look. Thank you. Have a great day
    I will, definately. I just have not had a chance yet. Thank you much! I really appreciate your feedback. :blush:
    A few posts back I put a link to the TSB's in my post.
  • pony_piratepony_pirate Posts: 317
    TSB's:

Click the edmunds.com icon above to go to the home page. Click the Tips & Advice tab, then choose maintenance costs. Enter the vehicle info. You'll get a link to technical service bulletins at the top of the next page.
  • Took my 06 pony pkg vert for a synthetic blend oil change, its first at the local Ford dealer, I asked if they had 5w-30 , they said yes, guess what they put in 5w-20. I checked the Motorcraft website, and parts dept. they only come in as 5w-20. No problem, I drained and replaced the oil with Mobil 1 5w-30, exactly the spec. Ford requires. I used to own a Focus back in 2000 and the dealer always put 5w-30, instead of the required 5w-20. If you can't get them to do it right, gotta do it yourself.
  • gtgtcobragtgtcobra Posts: 259
    You are right. DON'T be afraid to buy a Mustang. The Mustang is a really nice car. I wouldn't buy the 05's & 06's though because of all the problems that they have. I would get the 99-04 Mustang instead. They have fewer problems and they also look nicer than the 05-06 body style.
  • v8z4rjv8z4rj Posts: 1
    my first question is does it also do it going forward when turning and going slow...if so, it may be in the rear diff ....not a real big deal...try and get it serviced and make sure they put friction mod in diff....
    Ok, do you own a 05/06? First, I OWN one, and only had 1 problem...easily corrected. I know several other friend who own one, and no problems. You can't judge the car because of whats on here. People post to this thread just to see if they can get an answer to their problem. That's why it seems so many have problems. #2, go read some articles about when the 99-04's came out. They are by far less quailty and also had their problems.

Not to mention, the whole 05/06 body style being less nice, that is mere opinion on your part. According to statistic, Ford has hit a gold mine with this body style, so obviously you are in the minority when it comes to liking the pervious body style better.
  • Thank you for your comments about the 05/06. I've waited 40 years to finally buy a Mustang and this body style is sweet, a real throwback to the original my opinion) which I saw unveiled when I was a teenager at the 1964-65 World's Fair. And so everyone sees me coming down the road I purchased one in screaming yellow with black racing stripes

I previously posted a problem I was having with the manual shift, but aside from that I feel the wait was worth it. I spoke to the service manager where I bought my car and he's aware of the problem some of us are having. He spent quite a bit of time to determine if Ford had any fixes out yet and got back to me several hours after I called. He also suggested I contact Ford so if enough of us report the problem a fix will become available. He treated me respectfully and didn't make me feel like I was a dumb broad or something.

The Ford customer service rep was also polite and logged the info. She suggested I keep in touch with the service manager. It was one of the best complaint experiences I have had in a long time.
  • gtgtcobragtgtcobra Posts: 259
    I know what problems the 99-04 Mustangs had. Most of the problems were with the GT's with their automatic and manual transmissions. And some had problems with body panels not aligning up correctly. Other than that, they didn't have other problems. But the 05 & 06 Mustangs have "MANY" problems if you compare them to the 99-04 Mustangs. I own 2 Mustangs (a 01 GT and a 02 V6 Mustang). So far, I haven't had any problems with any of them and I purchased both cars brand new.

Don't get me wrong. I really like the 05 & 06 Mustangs, but I wouldn't want to buy one or to own one of the 05's and 06's only because of the many problems that I read about them in here that they have. But I still like them. They are Mustangs.
This discussion has been closed.