Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang (2005 & newer) Problems and Solutions

Comments

• After following the postings on this site for a few months now I would like to (again) point out that not all of the 05/06 Mustangs have problems. This is a site where people come to complain so its not a representative sample! Think of the tens of thousands of 05/06 Mustang owners who haven't had any problems and never will. Yes, lemons exist, but that's true of any make and model. I've had a few headaches with my 05 V6 (fueling issue at some stations, the CD player sometimes spits CDs out at me, sometimes the transmission does weird things, driver's side door handle is loose, etc.). But when I paid less than $25,000 for a completely redesigned car I knew what I was getting into. If I had spent twice that on a BMW or Lexus I wouldn't have expected ANY problems (even though I know they're bound to happen). Problems or not, I would not trade my 'Stang for any other car out there (but clearly that's my own opinion). :)

So to others who are reading this site and considering purchasing a Mustang please remember that not all of the cars have problems.
  • macatowamacatowa Posts: 69
    Mine is fine too,

06 GT, manual 5 spd.
  • Appreciate your comments and agree that the number of lemons will be a small percentage based on the number of Mustangs sold. Despite the headaches some of us have, Ford still must be doing something right after 40 years for people to still have a love affair with the Mustang.

I'm a middle-aged lady from NJ and want everyone to see me coming down the road. Have the '06 screaming yellow with black racing stripes, pony package, stick shift.
  • pony_piratepony_pirate Posts: 317
    Go, mama, go! :shades:
  • manarakimanaraki Posts: 40
    I have had mine only three days, but I love it so far as does my wife. I intend on keeping this car a long time. It gets a lot of looks and mechanically, all seems fine. I have no reason not to recommend this car.
  • riverronriverron Posts: 26
    I agree with you. Most Mustang owners are happy. All the griping on this forum is a very small percentage of owners. I bought an 05, GT, manual, in Feb 05, (Jan 05 build), and I had the usual problems, (gas tank, c/d skipping, front susp creaking), but the dealer was VERY good, fixed everything, was VERY professional, and everything works. I LOVE my Mustang. I installed a CAI, with computer flash, and get 24.2mpg at a steady 80mph. How can you beat a car that has those looks, handles like a slot car, is that fast, sounds that good, and gets 24.2mpg??????
    If your dealer can't or won't fix the problems FIND ANOTHER dealer.
  • gzgtpgzgtp Posts: 83
    My 06 GT 5 speed is fine as well. Sorry to hear about others' problems.
  • cobragtcobragt Posts: 95
    I too LOVE my 05 GT. As I said before, and I see others have made the comment as well, people come here to complain about their problems, so its only common sense that there is going to seem like there is a lot of problems.
    After the 2005 release, in just 1 year Ford has sold over 400,000 of the 05 Mustangs. How many here are complaining? A dozen or so?

On a side note...
    Tuesday I got back from a performance shop, did more work, retuned..I out down an impressive 473rwhp.
    Unfortunatly, on Wednsday, I blew my motor. Put a hole right through the block. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Now I'm putting in a new short block 100% forged internals
    a Spec Stage II racing clutch, and probably a new tranny. When done, she will have a over 500rwhp.
  • topoffgttopoffgt Posts: 14
    This forum is entitled "Ford Mustang (2005+)", not "Ford Mustang (01 & 02)" so why are you even posting messages here? Many people (me included) are VERY happy with their 05-06 Mustangs. Others have unfortunately had problems that they share under this problems/solutions board.

You can't be having any problems with your 2005+ Stang since you don't OWN one, so why bother posting?

By the way, I wouldn't touch a 01 or 02 Stang with a 15 foot pole! LOL
  • MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,626
    with other members, you can both contact me by e-mail. Please DON'T get into a beef online and please don't derail the board with personal comments.

Thank you for maintaining full courtesy at all times.

MrShiftright
    Host
  • macatowamacatowa Posts: 69
    When I received my new 06 GT back in Feb. 06 the dip stick read only half way on it when I checked it ( I figured the factory shorted me a little oil). I just had my first oil change, Motorcraft filter and 6 quarts of MC premium blend motor oil, the tech comes to me and say's I put in 6 qts but it only reads half way on the dip stick.

Anyone else notice this? could be important so you don't overfill it!
  • Did you get your rattle fixed??? I have a similar problem (see posting 1049 dated March 31). Were they able to fix it? Mine still rattles at low speeds. I would love to have a quiet ride (the engine purr is fine!!). Please tell me if they fixed it, and how.
    Thanks.
  • Did you get this fixed?? I have the same issue, maybe. I have a rattle somewhere...it is so painful to go to my dealership over and over!! Anyway, if you got yours fixed, how did they do it??
    Thanks.
  • Wow, thanks for all your ideas. I have to say that the weather got sunny, the convertible top went down, and I decided to ignore the rattle. It has been raining for at least 6 days here, and the rattle is making me sad again!! OK, so...
    #1 The rattle is noticable every morning when I pull out of my driveway, and throughout the day, at the low RPMs. I read your posting #1100 with the picture of the underside of the car--could this sound like it is in the front of the car? I saw another posting about a bracket behind the passenger air bag (#1220)--do you know more about this?
    #2 How do you check up on a transmission leak? Do I just mention it to the dealership when I bring it in? Is it something I can see?
    #3 This problem seems to be eliminated when I open the tank before I get the pump ready, then I do not put the hose in all the way. Sometimes the gas splashed out at me toward the end of the fueling, so I hold a few paper towels under the gas tank opening as I fuel. Yes, this is a hassle, but it works.

#4 I will ask the dealership about the stripe.

Thanks for your help.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    No, I haven't had it fixed. It is a metal bracket behind the passenger airbag. Quite a few of us have that rattle, but I need a TSB for it if there is one, otherwise I'll have to keep hearing "we couldn't hear anything" every time I take it to the dealer. :mad:
  • lmmlmm Posts: 70
    some people have taken a small folded piece of paper and wedge it down between the A-pillar and the dash on the side of the dash rattle.
  • cobragtcobragt Posts: 95
    #1, If this is more of a rattle and not a vibration, then you may want to look into what others have suggested just to test and see if the rattle stops. Take a thin piece of cardboard and put it between the A-pillar and the dash, wherever the rattle sounds the worst. If could be something loose. If its more of the vibration issue that I spoke of, then yes, it can sound or feel like its coming from in front of you, I know mine did. When I found out it was that picture that you saw in my other post, I was shocked that it was actually the cause of it.

#2 Transmission leak I would take no chances with really. You could 1, park on cement or pavement, somewhere you can see if anything was leaking out of your car. 2, Have the dealer check it out again when you take it to them. and 3, Honestly, if the dealership seems to be getting irritated, if it was me, I'd even pay to have it looked at my another mechanic shop. The peace of mind would be worth it to me.

#3-The gas tank. Well, do you notice this at only certain pumps, or does it do it at all of them? Believe it or not, the station's pump could have a lot to do with it. Some I go to, if the hose is in all the way, it will occascionally give me a problem, sometimes they have to slide it out just a little. A lot of these station have special nozzels for fumes to escape and whatnot, and it causes pressure to build up in some newer gas tanks and it causes the tank to stop filling.
  • Did you ever resolve this? I am having a similar problem and I'm being told it is because the newer cars don't have felt rollers in the door panels...I don't know what to do, mine is bad!
  • lavrishevolavrishevo Posts: 312
    No not yet, I have not had time with my work taking me out of town. It's weird though, on my 06 GT it only scratches the tint on the passenger side. My ex 05 V6 did not scratch at all. I hope they have a fix for it.
  • bgrrnrrbgrrnrr Posts: 1
    I bought my 05 Mustang through the PX here in Germany. It has the problem with the gas tank fill. I found out that I'm not the only one. There was an article in today's Stars and Stripes about this problem and the Ford representative said to the reporter that there were only 7 cars that had this problem out of 208 sold....well fella....make that 8. The Ford dealers in Germany don't sell these cars so I'm wondering how I'll get them to fix this. Other than that.....I love the hell out of this car....and it apparently just makes the Germans eat their hearts out. It gets a lot of stares.
This discussion has been closed.