Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang (2005 & newer) Problems and Solutions

Comments

• Has anyone had any problems with their gauges and milage reading wrong? I have the 06 mustang v6, and twice now they both have fliped out on me, i put 20 bucks in gas tonight, then ran some errands and went to work. the car sat for 8 hours, then when i started it, it said 112 miles to empty, before i even pulled out of the parking lot, it beeped and only 12 miles to empty! and never reset it self, i stoped, turned off the car, let set for a few mins. Re-installed the gas cap, and it still read only 12 miles left. it did this a month ago as well, at first i thought my gas was ripped off, i bought a locking gas cap and now it is doing it again. I checked ford site, there are no recalls on this, and i am calling my dealer to have it checked out, but wanted to see if any problems were reported on here first. Thanx for any info!
    Gene
  • bobcathbobcath Posts: 13
    Recently have had to have the gearshift replaced (under warranty) because lever wouldn't click into park.

Also getting a low growling noise in rear when making slow turns.

'05 GT convertible w/ 6000 miles.
  • casing1casing1 Posts: 7
    I have a 05 and the same thing happened it's the sensors in the fuel tank or whatever. I had them replaced with the ones that should be in there and it's doing fine. Ford know's about it. It happens with the 05 and 06 models. Not all of them but some. Take it in and just have them replace it. I'm surprised they haven't had a recall yet.
  • husker5husker5 Posts: 15
    Yes, this is a known problem and there is a TSB on it. It has something to do with sulfer in gas. Mine did this once and the dealer has agreed to replace the 2 fuel sensors and sending units in the gas tank. I haven't scheduled this yet.
  • On my way to work today, it jumped from 10 miles left to 68 miles, i know for a fact i have over a half a tank. got an appointment Thursday at 8:30 am. they said i will be in a rental, said 2 hrs just to take apart to see. But i will give detail as soon as i hear what the problem is and the length one may be looking at to fix. as for cost, i'm still under warrenty but i'll get a guestimate to for those that may not have a warrenty. Thanx for the Info! ;)
  • Although my problem is different, the entire frame was bent on my convertible top and would come up at an angle, they did replace it and yes they had to take out the back seats and you can still tell they had to do this on one side and it took several trips to get the top on just right, buttons would pop looses straps would hang out when the windows closed, that sort of thing, but so far so good, (knock on wood) I haven't had any more trouble out of it. Good Luck to you!
  • Got mine back from the dealer today, they had the car for 2 days, upon my arrival, they said they could not find anyhting wrong with it! I had told them what you guys told me about the sensors on this, and how it had fixed yall's...i was told to come back next week when i go to get gas to take one of the mechanics with me...how lame is this?..i guess as i read from someone in here..dont tell them what you think is wrong with the car! Now i feel like one of those wifes that tells the grumpy hubby that something is wrong, and the hubby sais he cant find anything...lmao...this sux, so i guess we'll see. :confuse:
  • alex197alex197 Posts: 15
    Well, did the new clutch package fix this problem? In my case, they tried to blame the ring and pinion gear so they replaced it, ford engineering told them to replace the clutches. Well they did both and the noise went away but they introduced a new noise because they didnt get the backlash set properly. Soo, ford told the dealership to put in a new rear end and they did. After 500 miles on the new rear end, the same noise came back when turning at low speeds. Now, im working with fords problem and solution team to get it fixed. Ford came up with a new internal clutch package and im waiting to get it installed. I just wondering how many of you guys out there have the same problem?
    Did the same problem come back?
  • bobcathbobcath Posts: 13
    Just started having the same problem, but don't know if it's that big a deal? Does it get worse?
    Yes, it starts off slowly then gets worse, ive put over a thousand miles since i heard the noise again and it not getting louder but its bad enough. The TSB i had done worked for 5 days then the noise came back. but i dont know if that clutch package was the revised clutch package. Im waiting for an appointment know to get the revised clutch package. i'll let you guys know how it goes. however, i kinda need a number of how many people has this problem because im building a case with ford's problem and solution team.
  • :lemon: I'm asking for a repurchase on mines. With 5K miles on it, it's had the gas tank spout, tank assembly and filler neck tube assembly replaced three times, canister vent solenoid replaced, and missing the heat shield. I've experienced being nearly rear-ended because loss of power while going uphill on the freeway. My car is currently sitting in the shop awaiting the replacement parts. Engine light coming on, third event of trouble with filling in gas, anti-theft warning light staying on while driving. I thought I was getting my money's worth with this Stang....guess I ended up with a lemon. I give up, I need a dependable car, not one with just looks and a lot of problems.
  • 300x320300x320 Posts: 1
    My wife and I have a 2006 GT Premium with the same rear end issue. Moaning sound coming from the rear end when turning. I believe the problem is caused by the clutches dragging. It does not make the noise when turning if you are on the throttle. It only happens when rolling or close to coasting. The clutches lock up fine when you get on it. I am planning to take it to the dealer soon. Also, it really started getting load when summer time hit. We live in AZ, and when it's cool, the noise is not as bad. The car is a year old and has 5K miles on it. Other than the rear end, we love it.
  • gpuffgpuff Posts: 2
    I have 06 GT 5 speed convert that has developled the moan in the diff. started at 4250 miles and has gotten much worse at 4700. Dealer is installing clutch kit tomorrow. Don't know if it is the upgraded kit. Not pleased about this at all becuse not many people know how to set up a Diff correctly. Also the trans has been out once...... BUT I STILL LOVE THIS CAR and I will work with Ford until they get it rignt.
    GPUFF
  • I purchased a lemon '05 Mustang V6 and currently have a lawsuit against Ford Motor Company, Beau Townsend Ford in Vandalia Ohio and my financial institution in which the loan is through. First off, the dealership charged me for one vehicle and gave me another. I paid $7k more for a car I didn't even get. Secondly the car is JUNK. It's sad to see this american icon be unionized into a pile of crap. I've had the gas tank replaced, the fuel sending units twice, the radio replaced and the best of all,,,, it stalls! It does this so sporadically that it is hard to prove but thankfully (as crazy as this sounds) my new mustang's check engine light came on after the last stall. Let me just tell you this by dealing with Ford for over 1 1/2 years in this nightmare..... FORD DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ITS CUSTOMERS OR THEIR SAFETY OR THEIR CHILDRENS SAFETY!!! My attorney has told me horror stories of Ford and I am living in one myself. After meeting with Ford's attorneys, they simply want to know 1 thing... HOW MUCH WILL IT COST US TO SEND YOU AWAY? Not, wow, let us refund your money and you can still have confidence in our product to buy another ford product... if you experience any problems with your mustang.... SUE THE CRAP OUT OF THEM BECAUSE THEY KNOW ABOUT THESE PROBLEMS YET STILL SELL THEM TO THE UNKNOWING PEOPLE WHO TRUST IN THEIR PRODUCT. And they wonder why people are switching to foreign cars... my 2 cents
  • CONTACT AN ATTORNEY.... My junk stalls and Ford refused to acknowledge a problem with my 05 stang. MAKE THEM PAY. How dare they defraud American consumers!!!
  • gzgtpgzgtp Posts: 83
    sorry to hear about these problems. Seems like the v6 has more serious problems than the v8s. I have an '06 GT and couldn't be happier (knock on wood).

Keep pushing (and suing) until you get some justice.
  • lmmlmm Posts: 70
    i have an 06 V6 and dont have problems.

unfortunately, the 2005 first year model had problems.

That's why i never buy first year new models.

I hope you get your situation resolved.
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    "First off, the dealership charged me for one vehicle and gave me another. I paid $7k more for a car I didn't even get."

Ummmm, WHAT?

First, how does a dealership overcharge you by $7k?

Second, how did you let that get by you?

Third, I don't suppose this had any impact on your desire to have your money refunded?
  • We have been dealing with this problem since October. As of this Tuesday Ford stated they would buy back the car. I am waiting to hear what this means. I have contacted Sales Mangager, Service Manager, and Customer Service Rep and waiting for an answer. I have also emailed Ford. Does any one know how this works?
This discussion has been closed.