Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Avalon Owners: Meet the Members

1234568»

Comments

• Hi
    I'm Jim and I'm looking at buying a '97 Avalon up here in Canada with 108,000 km.on it(about 70,000 miles).Just wondered what mpg you got from your '96 Avalon. Haven't had any experience with this make or model but always admired their style and of course their reputation for reliability.Wondering if there are any quirks to the car but primarily what mileage per gallon I might expect.
    Thanks
  • I just took a 900 mile road trip with my 96 Avalon. I got 26 mpg on one leg of the trip and 27 mpg on another leg. There were some hills, but mostly flat land. I had the curise control set between 65 and 75mph depending on the speed limit I was in. It gets about 23 mpg around town and rural type driving. Thanks, Dana
  • My 2007 Avalon Limited is making a lot of valve noise at idle that was there when I first bought the car used two years ago but is getting much worse. I have 111,000 total miles on it and am wondering if this is to be expected. It's noisier than any other Toyota that I have owned with the V-6 engine. (T100' Three Siennas, and an FJ Cruiser.
  • popsavalonpopsavalon Posts: 231
    Some of this noise can be fuel injectors, especially at cold start-up. I notice the fuel injector "click" a lot of the time on first start-up of my 2007. It generally goes away as the engine warms up.
  • tomfletomfle Posts: 2
    The noise doesn't change with warm up. It's consistent whenever the engine is running and varies directly with rpm.
  • popsavalonpopsavalon Posts: 231
    Sounds like your diagnosis is correct. I haven't heard anything like that from my 2007, but it only has about 1/2 the miles.
1234568»