Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Aura

1434445464749»

Comments

• 62vetteefp62vetteefp Posts: 6,048
    GM has done this traditionally on new model year cars delivered to dealers. After a few weeks or up to a month or so, the base price creeps up sometimes. I think this is a marketing thing so that when rebates kick in later in the year, GM is really not taking as big of a hit on prices as it would seem.

Actually all car makes increase the prices over the year not just at the beginning of the model year. Makes some sense since cost go up during the year not just once a year.
  • "Actually all car makes increase the prices over the year not just at the beginning of the model year. Makes some sense since cost go up during the year not just once a year".

Yes, it is true that most auto makers do this during the year. What I have seen over the years is what amounts to an "introductory price" on first release autos, and in just a few weeks to a month or so a marked increase after rebates start to show up. My vehicle was made in late September and here only a few weeks later the website MSRP is $1,755 higher. What I am saying is that if you find an early release vehicle on a dealers lot, it can be a real savings when the rebates show up versus new arrivals on a dealers lot.
  • vanman1vanman1 Posts: 1,397
    I noticed this for the Malibu also.

4.9% APR for up to 60 months on '09 Pontiac G6; Chevrolet Malibu, Light Duty Silverado and HHR; Saturn Aura; and Light Duty GMC Sierra
  • Does anyone know who is the Area Manger of Saturn in Maryland?
  • brybrybrybry Posts: 25
    Bought this car used 90K 2007 Aura XE. Replaced steering column. Rear defog wasn't working, loose wire. Door lock delay switch was replaced. Now I have a gasket that is leaking coolant. I'm fortunate GM has 5 yr 160K powertrain warranty as they fixed all this with no charge. Still a hassle to take in for repair but they give me a loaner car every time. Not sure if I'd buy a saturn again, my Pontiac and GMC have been incredible cars with hardly any maintenance. Still like GM products. Will never own another Toyota!
  • npgmbrnpgmbr Posts: 248
    To be honest I would not buy any used car that had 90k on it. Thats just way too much used to be worth it because thats when a lot of parts begin go fail. My current car ( a 99 Infiniti G20) I got used at 45k. Although its a good car all around by the time I about 80k miles I had to replace major components of the braking system (1400 bucks) and by 92k I had to sink 1800 bucks into the exhaust system. Now im at 110k on this thing and just replaced the alternator for another 600 bucks and last year replaced the starter for 900. The trick is to buy a used car with low mileage but you always have to take into consideration that the previous owner may not have taken good care of the car.
  • michaellnomichaellno Posts: 4,300
    In reading the post I suspect that the OP is from Canada and that the 90K is KM, not miles.

This equates to about 56,000 miles.
  • paopao Posts: 1,867
    I always use K as short for 1000....but who knows....but per the statement....even if they wanted to buy another Saturn...would be tough since they are all gone now....or going quick....

would agree...need a used car under 40K....but you still never know how a previous owner cared for the car.......wow..lots of expensive work on a japanese "quality" car...even if new....and one thing I note about all non-domestics.....is that repairs and parts are far more expensive than the GMs or Ford of the world.

guess Im lucky here...04 Chevy..with 158K on it...only thing I have replaced is a right rear caliper (leaking) and right front tire rod (worn connector)....total for both repairs less than $600 to include parts..........
  • brybrybrybry Posts: 25
    The car does have 90,000 kilometers. It was a lease car from GMAC. Once I get the bugs worked out I'm sure things will be fine. I haven't taken a dime out of my pocket and GM has covered it under their 5 year/160,000 kilometer powertrain warranty so I can't complain. The other little things were done by the used car dealer with a 30 day warranty. Drives great and I'm getting about 27mpg with half city and half highway. Sounds like you've got a good chevy truck, can't beat their trucks for looks and dependability.
  • npgmbrnpgmbr Posts: 248
    OH you don't know the half of it. I've alwasy been a GM guy myself but finally fell for the kool-aid and bought this 1999 Infiniti G20. All around a very good car. But Ihave spent over 5k in repairs and I have done a lot of those repairs to critical parts that died between 80 and 100k miles.

I sitll have the car but will be soon replacing it with either an Equinox, La Crosse, Regal or SRX.

I tll you I cannot wait to get back into a GM car. And I have to say that even though Consumer Reports said my first car an 89 Baretta GT was not recommended. It was the most reliable car I ever owned. My second car was an Geo Tracker. Loved that thing to death but not as reliable as I'd liked it to be. The G20 is very well put together but Im somewhat nervous every time I take a trip to the beah which is two and a half hours from my house and I do that a lot during the summer.
  • paopao Posts: 1,867
    three GM vehicles here and love them all...04 Chevy Malibu Maxx LT (158K), 06 Pontiac Solstice (41K) and 09 Cadillac CTS (21K)....if you can afford it...definitely the new SRX.....a nice ride....
  • Too Funny...top speed shootouts with a Camry. :) If you want a sports car then get one....If speed is your primary concern then you probrably have found yourself in the wrong market regarding the Toyota Camry and the Saturn Aura. Both are defined as mid sized family cars.
    Where the heck are you gonna drive 145 mph anyway?
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    Are you aware you responded to a post that is over four years old? :confuse:
  • I bought my Aura XR new in 07 ,I have put 4 battery's in it ,Its been in the shop 8 times in the last 2 months for Front Rack & steering shaft, Transmission seal,electrical problems,Traction control , My car just turned 36,000 miles . My local Saturn dealer has been great about the problems so far now I am out of my 36000 left on my 5yr 100 Warranty . They have the car right now as I write this , I know they wont help me out any more after this . GM will not call these cars back ,They know there are so many defects in the Aura & just want our warrantys to run out so they can make millions off of us .we need to band together & file a law suit against GM ,The Pontiac G6 has the same issues , So So Mad in Tacoma We need someone to step up to the plate from GM
  • We have this car and it was hit in the rear quarter panel repaired and water accumulated in the trunk It was the sunroof drain hose came loose ... Good luck It is a really nice car.
  • So I have a 2007 Saturn Aura XE. I bought it used and loved it... for about a month. It has the craziest electrical issues, and I have no idea what could be causing all of them. For starters, the driver side heated seat button does not work. Secondly, half the buttons on the radio work maybe 15% of the time. Cruise control button sometimes will not work, or cruise control will turn off in the middle of using it. Check airbag light came on for a while then finally went away. Trunk button on door does not work (must use clicker). Window lock button does not work. My dad has replaced the battery at least once since we have had it. The running lights completely went out, but brake lights still worked (changed fuse, but blew it every time the vehicle started-mechanic was able to find a short and fix issue). But now my brake lights decide to do whatever they want (pretty much do opposite- come on when I accelerate and go off when I brake). Mechanic says the whole anti-lock braking system is out (over $1000 to fix unless they find a used part). There are other things, but those are the most common/annoying issues. My car literally is in the shop every few months for random issues. I am so ready to be done with this car, but waiting to graduate before I buy a new one. Has anybody experienced similar issues and found a resolution?
  • I have similar problems with my Saturn Aura XR. The lock/unlock doors button was not working on the drivers door, as well as the open trunk button. Here's how I fixed the issue: Apparently, these buttons were not pushing down far enough to make the contact that triggered the doors or trunk to open. So, I removed the door panel (quite a task) so I could take out the buttons that weren't working. Then I took the buttons apart so that I could see where the button is supposed to make contact when you push down on it. Then I just used some crazy glue to glue some tiny little pieces of paper on the plastic part that needed to be longer so that it would provide the extra thickness needed for the button to be able to make contact when you push it. If this doesn't make sense just take apart the buttons and you'll see what I mean. I pretty much figured this out on my own without help or research. Now my buttons on the door work just fine. However, I have problems with some buttons on the steering wheel. I gotta figure out how to take out the steering wheel panel to fix them though.
  • The brake light issue was the subject of a bulletin issued by GM. The wiring harness connection is not making proper contact. Have your mechanic search for the bulletin. It required opening up the connector and adding dielectric grease, then making sure the plug was securely reconnected. It also caused issues with my cruise control. It is most definitely NOT your anti-lock brakes. The mechanic smells a big payday!