Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Aura

Comments

• Check the saturn web site for deals and rebates
    http://www.saturn.com/saturn/FindOfferController.dyn?intro=y
    this link should take you to the page requesting your zip code.

I have a cad Sedan De Ville and just bought an Aura XR.
    I am relegating the Cady to short trips to the store and home depot runs, like a truck...

The XR is the most comfortable, fun to drive car I have had in over 25 years.
    Go to the new owner report form for more info.
  • bob919344bob919344 Posts: 29
    Thats the problem.......its not that CLEAR.

you are not sure if rebates are good for leasing or only cash deals or financing....

Did you BUY or LEASE your AURA ???? so you do like it ?

you get the XR ??

what state you from ? thanks for reply !!! and help
  • Many car companies give factory rebates to both, buyers and leasors, You will have to go to a dealer to find out. You will have to ask for it, don't count on them offering it up.
    I LOVE THE CAR.
    Read my other reports such as
    phaetondriver, "Saturn Aura" #1250, 7 Apr 2007 12:26 pm
    and phaetondriver, "Saturn Aura New Owner Reports" #11, 17 Mar 2007 6:54 pm

There are also reports from other new owners. I have been reading this, Aura forum and the Chevrolet Malibu/Impala forums. I think the owners here seem the most satisfied. I see some complaints on the chevy forum.
    Now I wish I could get a job selling them :shades:
    THATS the PROBLEM...

i cant get a straight answer from them....I tried 2 dealers and get them same , im not really sure what the rebate $ is....

I HATE SHOPPING for CARS !!! Did you get a discount on yours ???

LEASE OR BUY YOURS ?
  • I got my car used (rental)
    I bought it not leased, I wouldn't lease a car.
    Saturn doesn't generally discount their cars, but they do offer rebates. Right now it is about 1750 on the west coast.
    I think, when you compare the price of the Aura XR with other cars in the same class, it is a fair bargain, if you can get $1750 off, IMHO, it's a great buy.
    So Check the Saturn web site for the rebate in your area.
    Go drive an XR.
    Find a color and interior combo you like.
    Then your decision will have been made :)
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Posts: 6,048
    HP is not from EMC changes. it comes from DI.
  • I thought so :(
    How about the 275 H-P Outlooks EMC? Might that work in the Aura?
    I think the car has plenty of power, except for an old hot rodder like me. Always looking for a little extra. As I have always said, "There is no such thing as too much horsepower" :shades:
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Posts: 6,048
    Not sure how they get all the HP but I believe I have read that some of it comes from the larger intake manifold that is used with the extra room from the higher hood of the SUV look. Not sure though.
    HAS ANYONE who had a 2007 Saturn AURA XR driven the car in SNOW and ICE with the 18" all season tires on the car ??

Wondering HOW the car handles in the SNOW ????

i am planning on leasing a new XR by the month end and was
    wondering how they handle in the SNOW and ICE ?

thanks for any Help !!!! NJ here :confuse:
  • vanman1vanman1 Posts: 1,397
    Any new on changes for 2008 yet? Just wondering.
  • This week I'm renting an Aura for business, and as a harsh critic of past GM efforts, I am impressed by the Aura.

My main criticism of GM cars have been lack of style, cheap interiors and uninspired driving. The Aura has proven to me that GM finally gets it.

I own an Accord and would seriously look at the Aura as a replacement.

Bravo GM!
  • 14871487 Posts: 2,407
    very minor changes for 2008, nothing notable at all.
    DOES ANYONE OWN A 2007 AURA XR ???

Wondering how the car drives and handles on SNOW ???? I am getting out of a 2004 Caddy which is very good in snow due to its FWD and Weight....I know the AURA had FWD but wondering if ANYONE has the car and has driven it in the SNOW and how it performs ???????????????????????

PLEASE REPLY WITH ANY INFO TO HELP ME... thanks

NEW JERSEY ....
  • 14871487 Posts: 2,407
    The car is heavy and has all season tires as opposed to performance tires. I would assume it does as well as your caddy in the snow. Most FWD cars are going to be decent in the snow if they have all season or snow tires.
    Thanks..............figured that

Do you own one of these ??? I am picking mine up this Friday. A 2007 Aura XR Loaded with every option....Cant wait and sure hope the GAS mileage isnt bad.. My Caddy actually is great especially on Highways, and I only used reg gas in it too, even with big V8 engine

Wont miss the $670 mo lease pmt compared to $325 on the Aura though !!!!!!! BIG BIG diff....
  • I don't drive in the snow since I moved from Denver to Palm Springs area. I had a truck and a jeep and when winter hit I put studded snow tires on all four wheels on both. Problems solved.
    As for driving in the cold white slippery stuff, the traction control should be a big help, unless you get stuck and can't move.
  • Well Bob, What do you think now that you have had your new Aura XR for 5 days?
    I have not taken delivery yet.... This Friday

Hope I am not sorry... 1 st time i am NOT in a Caddy
    and its a big difference. But hope i will be happy with it.

Actually cant wait to get it Friday ...

i will keep you posted....just remind me after the weekend of me driving it
  • Sorry I thought you picked it up last Friday.
    I have a Caddy too, it's a few years old, and is now relegated to short trips to the grocery store and Lowes. It is now my truck.
    I have zero regrets at this time, I have had my XR for a month now. Well one regret, I don't drive it as much as I want to. I have to make excuses to take it out of the garage and go some place. Going is so much fun again.

I'll check in with you next week
  • phaetondriverphaetondriver Posts: 175
    Well Bob? How was the first weekend?
    You might want to post your reply/report on the Saturn Aura New Owners Report forum at http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f11c540/15

I hoe your first impression is as good as mine was.