Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RL Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• vartanyvartany Posts: 4
    Jack:
    I have talked to Cingular and they told me that I didn't have the capability to use the phone as a modum with the standard service, so I added the data service for $25 per month, but I still cannot connect. So that is not the problem. The Handsfreelink person told me that she is referring the problem to an Acura "engineer" and I am waiting for a call back from them.
  • vartanyvartany Posts: 4
    If anyone has been able to connect to Acuralink on the '05 RL please let me know what phone and what plan you have, because I cannot get it to work.

Armen
  • maennesmaennes Posts: 3
    I had a similar thing happen, and found out that the keyless entry system had identified me wrongly as driver #2. To remedy this problem, I just had to lock/unlock the door with my key.
  • I use a Blackberry 7100t from T-Mobile and have no problem. All information is passed from the phone to the MID (battery, signal strength, incoming phone number).
  • arejayarejay Posts: 2
    I've had my new Acura RL since the first of December. About the beginning of February, I started noticing a relatively high pitched whining noise when driving at about 40 mph. I've since had 2 major repairs: replace frt transfer case and drive shaft assembly. The noise is still there. Has anyone else had this problem? You must have the windows up and radio off and listen carefully to hear the difference at that speed. I'd just like to know if I'm the only one with the problem; maybe some haven't noticed.
  • jmatthejmatthe Posts: 51
    I initailly had problems connecting (Sony T637). Called Att/Cingular and they pushed me up to a tech who had me change a setting on the phone. Works fine, except now I get those not so valuable tips on how to use the car, all of which I know alrerady!
  • maennesmaennes Posts: 3
    My wife has the habit of placing her (heavy!) handbag on the passenger seat. This triggers a message about the airbag being turned off. This warning is OK to get once or twice, but everytime? When she recently handed me back my car after a week's driving, I had to painfully delete some 20 such messages.

Similarly, I tend to keep my keyset in my pocket. When I drop of the kids at school, I get out to open the child-locked doors from the outside. Of course, I keep the car running and close the driver door during this exercise. In consequence, the car beeps (that's OK!) to warn me about no key being inside the car. However, I also get messages on the navigation system, which I cannot even delete!

Anybody know how to turn off this nuisance?
  • ssscolssscol Posts: 2
    I too use a T-Mobile Blackberry 7100 and connect without issue.
  • ssscolssscol Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 RL with 4000 miles. At any speed over 10 miles an hour, my windshield washer barely works. The dealer has adjusted the nozzles without success. If stopped, the washer works better but not great. Does anyone else have this problem?
  • getakeygetakey Posts: 23
    posted this on the wrong board - I finally found a dealer who took the time to track down the door lock issue (continual locking while driving) and the issue with the outside mirror not returning after backing up. The dealer worked with the factory to reset some codes in the multi-function box that was replaced in the recall. That's the good news. The bad news is that the seat heater on the driver side now turns on randomly and it is warming up where I live. Anyone else have this issue?
  • I just had the recall repairs made to my new RL. Now, my doors keep randomly locking while I'm driving. I have mine set so that the doors automatically lock above 10MPH, but they still keep locking even after the initial lock occurs. I had to have the door handles replaced on both sides at the time of the recall because the touch sensors were not working properly. Others reported having the same problems, and my Acura dealer indicated Acura had fixed something on the new handles that should prevent the problem. For now, the handles are fixed---but now the random re-locking while I'm driving is annoying. I would be even more annoyed if fixing it caused my seat heater to come on randomly. This is not a great thing for a $50k car!
  • dadcat6dadcat6 Posts: 3
    The solution to your annoying door relocking problem after the update recall is to disconnect the negative battery cable for a minute before reconnecting as mentioned in messages #'s 6081 and 6093 in the Acura RL discussion. That solved the same problem door relocking for both aclc and me.
  • buffalobbuffalob Posts: 1
    Have had our 2004 Acura RL 24000 miles. Catalytic convertor warning light came on on dash and would not go off. Took it to dealer and they say the 02 or oxyg. (not sure) sensor was physically damaged and therefore the new part and labor charge of $409.00 could not be covered by warranty. First of all, how do we know its physically damaged as opposed to mere malfunctioning. Also we think if the whole catalytic convertor goes, that is covered by warranty. How should we proceed with the dealer? also they have to order the part. Can we get the car back and drive it until the part comes in?
  • Thanks for your help!! I'll try that right away.
  • After the 4-item recall (which I trust you have info on by now), my door locks started to have problems. The side mirror also randomly would not return to its position after turning down when the transmission was in reverse.

My dealer, after a long conversation with Acura, determined that there are just now bulletins being written to dealers about this. The fix entailed reflashing the system and replacing the door handles.

The conflicts seem to be between new components from the recall repair and the "old" software.

Hope this helps.
  • It worked! All fixed. I would encourage anyone experiencing the random door locking issue after the recall update to follow the recommendation made by dadcat6 in message number 54 on this board. Thanks again dadcat6, you saved me from a lot of extra aggrevation! Steve
  • kacuratkacurat Posts: 33
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me. I purchased the extended warranty along with lo-jack at the time of purchase. About a month later I had the lo-jack installed and asked my dealer why I had not received any info regarding my extended warranty. They informed me that they lost the paperwork and then resubmitted it. Well, 2 months later, I still have yet to receive any info. I feel as if now that I am already a "sold" customer they don't care anymore. I contacted my salesman b/c the manager guy that sold it has not responded and the salesman seemed to be more of a help, but now a week later, still no response. What is my recourse, as I want the extended warranty and don't want to pay double for it. P.S. I have one form of paperwork leading to believe I did in fact purchase it the day of the sale, but needless to say I am really pissed off that they choose to ignore you when they don't need to make a sale anymore.

Anyway, I am not just venting, but actually also looking for advice.

Thanks,

Karen
    Happy Easter!

P.P.S. I DO absolutely love my RL!!! :)
  • dennis721dennis721 Posts: 62
    Hi,

If you have proof of sale I would tell (in writing) them you want the issue cleared up in another 10 days to 2 weeks or you are turning them into the state better business burea and the state attourney general's office for investigation of fradulent business practices. If you paid by credit card I would also turn them in to the card company too.

dennis
  • kacuratkacurat Posts: 33
    Thanks Dennis,

I will try that this week and see what happens. Thanks for the info. I'll let you know what happens...

Karen