Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RL Maintenance and Repair

1242526272830»

Comments

• jeff0603jeff0603 Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Acura RL and have been told the passenger door handle has a short which is causing the interior light to stay on draining the battery. The mechanic wants to replace the door handle but it is pricey and wondering if the light activator can be disconnected to prevent the interior light from staying on - any help is appreciated
  • hwmovadohwmovado Posts: 9
    What is the avg miles driven before a transmission oil change
  • I can't seem to access the TSB, and I'm having a similar problem with my 2005 RL.

Has the link changed?

Thanks!
    Mark
  • Have You had any luck repairing your 06 As our 05 Has started doing exact same thing radio in and out as a prewarning of total momentary power loss 2 secounds and then comes back to life but display has to have code re entered as if lost all battery power ?
  • Had my RL battery replaced under warranty by local Acura dealer. The battery comes with 100 Month warranty with full coverage for 36 months. After that the cost of replacement is prorated over remaining 64 months.

Dealers can easily lookup RADIO CODES and can find Navigation codes after opening a few parts of the Navigation system.
  • kinginflkinginfl Posts: 1
    Did you ever get an answer as to what was wrong with your car? My 2005 RL is doing the same thing. Radio mysteriously shuts off then a couple minutes later the car completely stalls. Very scary. Please let me know what you found out.
  • jhop28jhop28 Posts: 2
    Yes Have the battery replaced and clean cable connections at battery Mine was doing exactly same thing this did fix mine 3 months and no problems
  • My son has a 2005 RL he bought used in January 2010 with 28K on it. Now has about 45K - is there an age issue with timing belt replacement? It is over 7 years old but nowhere near the 90K mark.
  • The radio in our 2008 has gone a little nuts - cannot scan or seek XM and change stations from what we have preset. Is there an easy fix? Hate to tear apart the center console just for that.
  • smitty63smitty63 Posts: 2
    this just happened to me! What did you find out was wrong with your car?
  • smitty63smitty63 Posts: 2
    any help would be much appreciated I cant even drive mine one everything perfect next gone.

Did you ever find out what the problem was?
  • lensman6lensman6 Posts: 2
    I had to replace the battery on my 2005 RL. It was the original so I guess it was due. I re-entered the radio and navi codes and both are working fine.

I am unable to open the rear windows from the driver's door though and the auto up/down on the rear windows no longer works. Rear windows open when using the local switch but you must hold the button to open or close. Front windows are fine.

Are there other resets I must perform after battery change?

Thanks
  • lensman6lensman6 Posts: 2
    I resolved this on my own. Followed the window reset procedure I found and that fixed it. Roll window all the way down, hold switch for 5 seconds then roll all the way up and hold for 5 seconds. Resolved the auto up/down problem and re-enabled control from driver-door switch panel.
  • drgkjedrgkje Posts: 21
    edited October 2012
    04 rl, nav

have had this car for several years without any water (from outside) leak in. in the last couple of months when the car was in moderate rain, i noticed water under the glove cmp.

took the glove comp out, found water underside of the blower.

took a/c pollen filter out and the filter was wet.

so it appear rain water is getting into the air intake for the heat-ac system..

cannot find any obvious breaches of gaskets. the plastic shroud at the lower edge of the windshield and associated rubber parts are intact.

any clues??

thanks
  • Conservative Maintenance Schedule

Transmission 30K,
    Rear and Front Differential 30K,
    Brake Fluid Every 3 year,
    Power Steeting Fluid 5 years
    Coolant Every 5 Yrs (Part of Timing Belt Change @ 105K)
  • I took my 07 RL to the dealer to diagnose a persistent rattle which occurs during low speed stop and go driving. The technician said it was a rusted catalytic converter heat shield and the replacement cost would be $600 for parts and labor. This seems very high to me. Any thoughts on this pricing?
  • billyperksiibillyperksii Posts: 198
    You actaully dont need the heat shield- you can rip the plates off and you will be fine. My wife's Accord had the same problem- they rusted out and the dealer was looking for a large sum to replace, my mechanic told me to just rip them off.