Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Eclipse - 2006 and Newer

1131415161719»

Comments

• I have an 06' GT. I purchased this car in 08'. I really love the car. I have many pros and hardly any cons. I will say...I don't think this car is a good choice for a new driver. It has a lot of power and is quick to go. Mine is a manual transmission, which makes the driving experience that much better!

I live in PA, and I have only driven it one winter since I purchased it. It handled very well in the snow. I work in a very unpopulated area, which means the roads are not maintained. I think it handled so well because it is a manual transmission. Put a set of good tires on it and it will go.

I also agree with another reply...rear visibility is much to be desired. I am only 5 ft. tall, and I can say that backing up is a chore in this car. A back up camera would have been ideal for a short person like me!

All in all, the only thing I have ever had to have repaired is the radio. I have had it in the shop 3 times now for radio malfunctions. 3rd time is the charm though...this radio seems to be a keeper :)

Good luck with your decision. I defintely give a thumbs up for the vehicle. I can't say many negative things about the car. It's a great running vehicle and has been mechanically sound.
  • c_w1c_w1 Posts: 1
    I have an 06 Eclipse GS (2.4L) that has been making a single 'knocking' noise when I first accelerate in Drive after the first start of the day. It does not do it in reverse, only in drive, and only once. It does not do it throughout the day or multiple times. I have owned the car for almost two years and it has always done this. I cannot find anything in the manual. After reading it over, I thought it might have been the TCL (traction control) performing a check on it, but turns out my car is not equipped with it! So much for that theory. Any thoughts?
  • Hello
    I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder and was wondering as to what would be the best way to carry skis or bike. I am thinking of going for a trunk mounted rack since that would be less expensive. The other option is to install a hitch receiver and then buy a hitch mounted rack but I think this would be too much of a hassle and more expensive. Any other solutions or suggestions that you guys can think of that will hold both bikes and skis?