Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MazdaSpeed3: Styling Impressions

Comments

• Talked to a larger dealer in Appleton, WI last Wed. as my GF bought a CX-7...he said they'd have 1-2 on the lot in 2 weeks. He's giving me a call when they come in :)
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    The boat that has the speed3 for the northeast should be docking in the next day or so....They usually spend a week or two at the port then they ship to dealers. It looks like speed dealers will only get one car each....then it will be a few weeks before we see another one.
    hey avi.....Are you selling yours at a premium??

We took an order tonight from a guy who blew out of another dealer near me who wants $5000 over...
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    I have 2 deposits on 5 of our incoming Speed3's. Both have been for list.

Well, It was not me who hit him $5,000 over.

I'm hoping my first will be in the same shipment as yours, we are pretty close in location. My other 4 do not have VIN's yet, so, I am assuming they are quite a ways away.
  • seanwms6seanwms6 Posts: 121
    "We took an order tonight from a guy who blew out of another dealer near me who wants $5000 over...."

Talk about raising the idiot flag just to see if anyone will salute. $500 over maybe, $1000 over you never know, $5000 over for a souped up (very nicely, mind you) Mazda 3? ROL ... ROL ... Ow! my stomach hurts from laughing so hard. Got to admire the hutzpah, but have not heard of ANYONE on the forums paying more than MSRP. One person said she might cough up a couple hundred more b/c she had been waiting a long to replace her econobox, but the dealer decided they'd stick with MSRP.
  • autonomousautonomous Posts: 1,769
    $5000 over for a souped up ... Mazda 3? ... Ow! my stomach hurts from laughing so hard
    ... I hear you laughing! Difficult to imagine how someone could be looking at a Mazdaspeed6 being discounted several thousand dollars in less than a year and then thinking they have to pay $5K extra for the Mazdaspeed3. It takes all kinds.
    You know what kills me, my Ford store (We have Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Subaru, Mazda) sold the first Shelby GT500 for $45,000 over sticker.
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    "...sold the first Shelby GT500 for $45,000 over sticker."

PLEASE tell me you've got the comma in the wrong place....
    Nope, $45,000 OVER sticker

MSRP on the Shelby GT500 was around $43,000. It sold for $88K
    We sold our two ford GT for $200K & $175K so nothing surprises me.....folks who suffer from the must have disease are always my favorite customers.

OTOH, based on my speed3 sales I could probably get $1000-2000 over if I wanted to hold out. Instead I decided to get them all sold before the first one hit and we accomplished this. Now I don't have to deal with every punk with their hat on backwards looking for test drive.

These cars are going to trickle over the next 3 months so unless the car is a total flop there won't be many sitting around....
    We sold our 2 Ford GT's for $200K as well.

I happen to agree with you on the $1,000 to $2,000 over list, it is possible to do. If I happen to have one not sold on the ground, I will definalty try and get what I can.

I am seeing that the Mazdaspeed3 is drawing traffic for the Mazdaspeed6 in combination with the current incentives through Mazda. Are you seeing that as well?
    "MSRP on the Shelby GT500 was around $43,000. It sold for $88K"

That "must have" must have figured out how to write it off as a business expense.
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    Paying more than DOUBLE what the MSRP is......

Moronic.

Totally, completely moronic.

The car has been out on the road for less than a MONTH and you can buy cars TODAY, that are ON DEALERS LOTS, for $65k (in fact ebay has a red convertible, on the ground, with a 'buy it now' of $65k.

So, in a month, that car has depreciated by a MINIMUM of $30k.

I bet you guys LOVE the 'gotta have it FIRST' types....
    "I happen to agree with you on the $1,000 to $2,000 over list, it is possible to do. If I happen to have one not sold on the ground, I will definalty try and get what I can."

Well, everything is more expensive in dense population areas like NY/NJ area. You probably can get $1-2K more. Maybe in LA, too. Here, I doubt it. What about the lack of AT in dense traffic areas like yours? I know some guys out in LA were complaining about it.
  • tunerstuners Posts: 3
    My Mazda dealer accepted the S: plan last night no questions asked. I wasn't expecting that from what I've been reading so I was pleastently surprised. I would have walked if they trierd to charge over list. I have a VIN # and an delivery date of late November. I live near Philly if that makes any difference.
    That's weird, there is no S Plan on the MS3. I guess they are just doing an invoice deal. Lucky you.
  • tunerstuners Posts: 3
    You are correct. Mazda calls it the Z:plan,I think. Ford calls it the S:plan. The dealer asked me for the pin number so they must be trying to use it. My guess is they offered me a little less than what I wanted for my trade in so that is where they will make it up. Overall, I'm happy with the deal so I can't wait till the car arrives.
    Actually, it's vice versa. Mazda is S-Plan and Ford is Z-Plan, and Ford also has a few other code plans as well.

I guess that Mazda dealer did not get the memo that the rest of us dealers got that says "Mazda will not offer S-Plan on the Mazdaspeed3". It has been placed on the "restricted" list.

As for your trade, if they did not give you what you wanted for it, does not mean they stand to "make up" the profit there. The majority of the time, what a customer wants for their vehicle is not what it is worth in real dollars. But, every scenario is different.

As I stated before, you are lucky they gave you that deal, however, when they go to submit the "S-Plan" PIN and see that Mazda rejects it, you may find yourself paying more. Be ready to re-negotiate.
    "My Mazda dealer accepted the S: plan last night no questions asked. I wasn't expecting that from what I've been reading so I was pleastently surprised. I would have walked if they trierd to charge over list. I have a VIN # and an delivery date of late November. I live near Philly if that makes any difference."

Yeah, the key question is whether the S-Plan PIN will work when the time comes, as you can see from Aviboy's post and posts from other salesmen on other forums. If it doesn't work, maybe you can just offer to pay the S-Plan commission yourself.
  • Mazda Dealers,

Any suggestions on the best way to negotiate an extended warranty with a dealer, if possible, considering I'm willing to pay msrp on the Speed3? I keep my cars 7+ years, and think it would be good to have....
This discussion has been closed.