Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota FJ Cruiser

Comments

• steenhsteenh Posts: 103
    Oh yea... they seemed very stressed ;)

about what they would have to do when this gig was up maybe?
    These FJC Trail Team guys (may be some women out there too, just not in our group) are very good at what they do. If you ever get the opportunity to join them at an event, it's definitely something to look into.

They know their LC's... history and mechanics... know the FJC and know how to wheel them. Very enjoyable experience.
  • gypsyjongypsyjon Posts: 38
    I have asked my dealer about this bulletin and they know nothing about it...They say that this number makes no sense to them and they claim they have no info on this topic...Rick do you have any more details by chance in regard to the ID of this bulletin.

When I google that info I get the url for this post.

TIA
  • sahmsahm Posts: 7
    On most sites I've been hearing that alot of men own FJ's. This vehicle was originally made to appeal to younger guys. I read an article that said quote, "this is not your soccer moms SUV. Not so, I am a mom and I love it. If you have more than two kids to haul around it may pose a problem. I have one and it is perfect. This vehicle appeals to alot of women and not just the younger women. I am in my early 40's and never thought for a minute that this vehicle was too (young) for me. I can take this vehicle out on the town or to the symphony and get up and go camping and 4 wheelin the next day. I get compliments from men AND women everywhere I go. This vehicle is classy, sporty and unique. Pretty much like me. I am a classical pianist and private piano teacher but I also have my wild fun-loving side. This vehicle suits every mood of me. Alot of my friend who are my age love this vehicle and can not believe that the makers only thought it would appeal to 20 something guys. It appeals to all ages and sexes. You either love it or you hate it. Mine is black cherry with all the extras. The bright yellow and blue were fun but for my lifestyle the black cherry was more suitable. I have had some great vehicle but this one by far gets more looks and compliments. People tell me how good I look in it. I think any woman with a fun but classy side finds this car appealing. :)
  • sahmsahm Posts: 7
    what it the slight jumping when you apply the breaks about?
  • I'm looking into buying a FJ, but was curious about the ride, especially on the highway... any comments?

P.S. I currently drive a Jeep Unlimited, so anything should ride better than this on the highway.

Jeep/FJ
  • gypsyjongypsyjon Posts: 38
    I think it is pretty good at 45 PSI in the tires. Mine are rated at 51 psi max.

They had been at 35 and the ride was very smooth, but on Sunday I bumped them up to 45 psi. Today I drove 200 miles over in Alabama, (I am from Hotlanta) and while the ride was stiffer, I rather liked it.

Bottom line at 35 psi it rides like my Caddy...at 45 it rides like an SUV
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,016
    A large local newspaper is looking to interview consumers who have recently went away from purchasing a Ford and decided on a Toyota, Honda or Nissan vehicle instead. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, September 6, 2006 by 5:30 PM PT/8:30 PM ET containing your daytime contact information.

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• When stopped at a light, my foot feels a 'pop/ping' feeling from the brake pedal sometimes. No sound, no other things going on, just that goofy sensation in my foot. I Should I take it in or is this normal? Thanks for putting up with my dumb questions!
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    You may be sensing the activation of the solenoids that operate the brakes. Anyone else have this experience or know for sure?

tidester, host
  • I notice this from time to time and I believe that is is the tranny shifting down into 1st gear and give the FJ a little bump that you can feel in the brake pedal
    That's definitely plausible - hard to tell from a written description of the symptoms.

tidester, host
  • Thanks for the input. My husband thinks I am crazy but I swear I feel this when braking.
    I did get to laugh at him today b/c he seems to keep forgetting just how heavy the FJ is.The tires stopped before the truck did and it literally bounced to a stop! At least we know they work (maybe a little too well).

Hopefully I will see if anoyone else has felt my "pedal pop" thing. Worse case senario, I will just take it in to ease my mind!
  • tidester! I drove it by the dealership and it is the solenoids! I was kinda suprised b/c it also happens when at a complete stop but they said it was due to the ABS system/solenoids sensor thing working (I am not a car person obviously!) I was happy to know all is well and that I am not crazy about feeling that in the break pedal! Thanks all for the help!
    Wonderful! I'm glad you found out what the problem is.

tidester, host
  • Sorry for the re-post. I think I originally put this message in the wrong place.
    BTW: This site's forum is a tad confusing; most forums have the latest comments at the top; this one's flipped. ah well... :blush:

So I'm interested in buying an FJ. I've contacted a dealer here in Indianapolis, and here's the response {after this}.

My question is -- about the salesperson's comment:
    "Like other specialty vehicles including the Prius. It is not discounted. Toyota value market priced them right from the factory. It is supposed to promote an easier and haggle free experience."

Is this typical sales hoo-ha?

Here's the whole chunk:
    I had to do some research on your question because internally we do not refer to the package combo's buy letter. I do have your answer on the difference in price between the two packages.

Package "A" on the 4x4 Automatic including carpet floor mats. ( they all have the mats) is 26979

Package "D" on the 4x4 Automatic including carpet floor mats is 28954

There is a Package "G' on the 4x4 automatic it has:
    CQ- convenience package
    GY- side and head curtain airbags
    RB- running boards
    UP- upgrade package #1
    CF- carpet floor mats
    The MSRP is 29554

The FJ Cruiser is a specialty vehicle. Like other specialty vehicles including the Prius. It is not discounted. Toyota value market priced them right from the factory. It is supposed to promote an easier and haggle free experience.
  • Try Ron Copeland Toyota in Toledo...that is where I bought mine and I am from Atlanta....
    Anytime you are willing to pay what they ask... it's "haggle free". I prefer to haggle... or shop around.
  • FYI, I just got a call from a Sales Rep here in Tampa... trying to get me back in the door to sell me something. He said they're discounting there's $600 off sticker. Given he told me that over the phone tell ya that he's wanting to moving some, and will consider an offer.
    That's when the fun starts. Get someone else to offer the same thing over email or phone. Tell them you'll be looking to buy in a week and will go to the dealership that offers the best deal between now and then. They just want you in the door.

When you get there, that's when the negotiations really begin. Be prepared to walk out a couple of times. When they don't follow you, you are at their lowest price.

Gotta love the internet.

(Things have changed from March when most of the dealers were charging $3 -$5k over invoice)

Good luck!
  • Does anyone know how you can disable or work around the Daytime Headlights? The owners manual directions leave the parking lights on? I need a work around for this vehicle which has the daytime running lights feature?

Thanks for all help and or direction to the answer.
  • Beavis laughs.
  • I got lucky and got a loaded 4WD auto for invoice. I still can't believe it. It's more than I wanted to pay, due to it being loaded, but I couldn't pass up the price. I deal with the extra payment for all the extras at a minimal price.
  • vtdogvtdog Posts: 163
    You could also just wait a month or so. The local dealer here has 18 on his lot. Think he (or anyone else) won't be quickly dropping their price as soon as people come in who are willing to wait a little. This same thing happened when the Miata and new VW Bug came out. People went wild, spent way over sticker just to be the "first". Take a deep breath, walk out of the dealership and keep your money in your own pocket. You will kick yourself when you could have waited and bought the car 2k cheaper in 6 weeks
  • Forget their crap from these :lemon: stealerships. FJ is no longer commanding those kinds of premiums. :surprise:

Check Carmax or Fitzmall and you will see that these no-haggle stores only ask a few hundred over invoice now! As you may note, there is plenty of stock too. I still contend that the FJ will sell at the same discounts as do the 4Runners (Invoice less $2-3k). Give it a few more months and it will be easy to pick up an FJ for well under invoice.

Print out an example and if they still give you the run around, fly into one of these places and pick up a unit...
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,002
    I didn't price one with your options, but TMV for a FJ in my zip code is about $20 off MSRP. That's not a lot, but indicates that prices have fallen a little, at least in the old line haggle dealerships.

Check the Toyota FJ Cruiser: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion too.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Hi, everyone. As you've probably noticed, we have been trying to refine the discussions into more narrowly focussed topics. Our objective is twofold. We want to make it easier for people seeking specific information about their vehicles to find it easily and without having to wade through hundreds or thousands of postings.

To those ends, we will be shutting down the general make/model discussions and work exclusively with specific issues. This requires us to populate the make/model subsections with relevant, interesting and timely topics. Rather than having the hosts simply create boilerplate topics for each make/model, we feel that you, the owner, the make/model enthusiast and the prospective buyer can best judge what those topics should be.

You can help by adding a discussion (it's easy!) or suggesting one here.

To add a discussion, click on the last link in the "You are here" line at the top of this page. That will take you to the topic page for this make/model. Review the list of topics and click on the "Add discussion" link when you've decided what topic you'd like to add. Follow the directions and you're done! Feel free to add more than one. Just avoid duplicating existing topics and try not to make it TOO specific!

Your help and continued participation in the Forums is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
  • Steve,

Frankly, TMV is totally useless because it is often thousands above prices posted at no-haggle dealerships. Even a couple of emails will show that that TMV is rediculously high.

Of course, not all markets are created equal but if your area dealers are marking vehicles like FJ up, it is not hard to buy from anywhere else in the country and ship it home for under $1k.
  • plektoplekto Posts: 3,738
    That's why I quote from Cars Direct. Punch in your zip-code and get a "buy it now" price.
    totally useless because

I think that's a bit overstated. TMV is based on many sources and to judge on the basis of a few "data points" from a single venue is a stretch.

Check out Edmunds.com How We Calculate New TMV

tidester, host