Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warranty Claims Administration

Just wondering if there are any other active warranty administrators that use this message board. I just think it would be nice to have other claims administrators to ask questions and get help with claims processing.

Also, if there are any rules against posting common warranty claims problems on this message board.

For instance, I had a claim return today with code 3010 for labor operation 7521B4...I went to look up the DC for that op and there is not indication of one on Honda Net? Anyhow, I will call the WHD today to get this problem resolved..just curious if anyone else has had similar experiences and maybe we can help each other in the future.

Comments

• bye the way, I'm a honda warranty claims administrator but I do have experience in GM and some knowledge in Nissan warranty as well.
  • mitzijmitzij Posts: 612
    I am an admin for a Chevy dealer. I'm not sure you'll get much help here. You may find out if Honda has a forum website for Honda technicians/service personnel like the one GM does. On GM's site, I have gotten a ton of excellent information and help with problems like yours.
  • driftracerdriftracer Posts: 2,692
    experience as a service manager/warranty administrator, and now testify as an expert witness in automotive law cases, with warranty administration being one of the areas I'm qualified in - I don't know if I can help with particular questions, perhaps in a broader discussion?
  • What is the website you're talking about that GM has? I have been asked to help the claims administrator at the Buick dealership, that we have here on the same lot, and it would be excellent to know that website. I learned warranty at a Buick/GMC dealership and never heard about a website for warr. administrators. I appreciate all of your feedback, please keep it coming.
  • driftracer, I'm sure there will be numerous situations that will come up that you'll be able to help us with. I will keep that in mind, thank you. It's always helpful to hear someone elses point of view when problems arise.
  • driftracerdriftracer Posts: 2,692
    And Yassou!
    It's something like http://service.gm.com, click on 'forum' tab. (I don't enter websites well, so I find everything with a search engine or leave the site in 'favorites') It's password-protected and, to sign up, your friend will need BAC and dealer codes.
  • thanks mitzij, it's funny...I've used that website many times to look up campaigns and service bulletins but I never noticed the forum tab at the top!
    Great! You'll find it's an excellent resource for technical information. It's a very efficient way for get help than calling neighboring dealers one at a time.
  • beabea Posts: 1
    I also am a Chevy Warranty Administrator..I have spoken with many admin. in the past few years and am glad I found a new message board. Where are you located ? I am curious as to the pay rate in other areas. I am in Southern California.
    I'm in a small town in Ohio. My c/p rate is $48.00 per hour, warranty rate is a little higher. Most other 'ships around here have rates in the 50s or 60s.
  • scibelliscibelli Posts: 1
    Hi: I need some advice on how to proceed. I own a 2000 Pontiac Gran Prix with 59,000 miles. The transmission started slamming second and fourth gears under normal acceleration. Dealer has just repaired and I now have $2,200 bill. I had purchased the extended warranty that expired in months but not miles in 2004 (4years, 60,000 miles). This car has been driven by adults and never towed anything. My dealer is indifferent to my outrage at such an expense at such low mileage. All services were performed at factory intervals. What can I do?
    Thanks to all!
    Sue Cibelli
    your service contract is expired. GM warranty expired 2 or 3 years ago (by delivery date). I'd say you're shucksoutaluck. You have a 5 (or 6) year old car. How long do you expect a manufacturer to pay the bill for repairs on a vehicle? They only promise 3 years or 36k miles, whichever comes first.
  • mcspakmcspak Posts: 8
    Hi, I need some help/advice if you can. I have a 2001 Mazda MPV. It has 52k on it and I just took it in for it's 48k service. The dealer advised me that the water pump was cracked and said it would be approx. $450 to fix. I advised that i had purchased extended warranty on the MPV, which is due to expire at the end of May. It covers the ater pump.

The dealer called me back asking me if I had flushed the coolent at the 3 year/72k mark. I said no, as I service based on kilometer and it only had 50k on it. They rejected the claim saying I didn't adhere to the recommended service guidelines, that the coolent should be flushed at 72k or 3 years. The vehicle was 9 months over the 3 year mark and approx 22k under the kilometer mark.

Can the coolent cause the water pump to crack in his short period of time? Any suggestions on how to escalate/resolve this with Mazda?
    You could try calling the service contract company directly and appealing the decision. Explain your service record and see if they will bend. This is why I don't like service contracts. You sign their contract and you have to play by ALL of their rules. Even the one that say you must do all recommended maintenance to their specifications. They say 3 years for a coolant flush, you want to say the 70k miles.
  • mcspakmcspak Posts: 8
    Thanks, will try that and see - I appreciate you responding! :)
  • Hey Vasilios, I'm a Honda/Acura Administrator, 13 years and still running..... be glad to cut and deal and maybe we can help each other...
  • I was wondering the same thing, I have been searching for other Nissan Warranty Administrators to ask questions and get help with some of my claims. Anyone a Nissan or Infiniti Warranty Administrator??
  • I bought a new GM car on a zero-percent interest deal a couple of years back. It's still on warranty, and a part went out earlier this year. I was told the part was out of stock and was issued a loaner from the nearby car rental agency at dealership expense. FOUR MONTHS LATER I'm still driving the loaner with no word from the dealership. GM must be paying 2x or 3x my monthly payment to rent me this car.

Can anyone advise me as to the end game in this situation? Should I expect them to find the part eventually? Should I expect an offer to buy back my car for my blue book equity? Could they ever cut off the loaner without actually repairing the car? What if they continue to say nothing and they still have my car when the warranty expires?
    Have you called the dealership?
    I can't think of any part that would be backordered that long, and would make your vehicle undriveable.
    You got the vehicle checked and the part was ordered when in warranty. They must take care of the repair under warranty. This happens all the time, someone comes in with 35998 miles on their car, they come back 2 months later to get the work done. It's covered.