Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2006 Toyota RAV4

Comments

• bcbob8bcbob8 Posts: 17
    Hi implicated. I'm not sure if you meant to direct your comment at me or not. Your mileage sounds suspiciously low. I would see what others say on this matter and then go after your dealer again if things don't improve soon. If it's any consolation, my fuel economy has actually gone down some since that first fill-up. The last two fill-ups have been ~22 mpg (U.S.) although I've been doing almost exclusively short-run, city driving. Good luck with this.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    'suspiciously low....' agreed.

Similar first time posts on the 2007 Camry forum recently. Hmmm. ;)
  • thecatthecat Posts: 528
    I just filled up for the 2nd time. 1st tank = 24.2 mpg and 2nd tank 26.1. Both tanks were a mix of highway & local driving (I wouldn't call it city). I have to admit that I've been driving like an old lady so far trying to let the engine break in. I'm sure if you put your foot down a change will be seen in mileage.
    - hutch
  • jimd4jimd4 Posts: 877
    Wow! I would consider that very good milage for the V6 with a new engine. The lite throttle foot approach helps I am sure. Keep us posted after you break it in and smoke the tires every day for a while...:)
    Well now that the RAV4 V6 is here do you think NASCAR will establish a small SUV racing class?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I think 26.1 is the best so far.

By my recollection, we still have half the V6s reporting below 20mpg, the other half above 20mpg. So 20 is the median mileage.

-juice
  • tnrunnertnrunner Posts: 5
    Clinton, TENNESSEE, twenty miles from Knoxville
    I attribute the excellent mileage to an "Ol' Lady" driving style. However, keeping your foot light on the gas is not going to be possible over the long haul. It's just too tempting to step on it a little. I noticed today that I'm becoming use to the driving dynamics of this vehicle and as a result my speed in corners is picking up. It has been a radical re-think from the WRX. Juice, you know me .. this slow and easy stuff won't last.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    So you're saying that after the 1000 miles break-in, you'll be back here reporting the worst numbers we've seen so far? ;)

And no, I don't remember your driving at all. I try to block out any traumatic near-death experiences like that. :D

(inside joke: at Edmunds Live in 2000, Hutch had the mini-SUVs doing 4 wheel drifts in the slalom, setting land speed records in the process)

-juice
  • tnrunnertnrunner Posts: 5
    The handling of the BMW 325i was better, but the RAV is close enough that I don't miss the Beamer, if that makes sense. The biggest difference I notice is in the braking, where the BMW rules. I needed the extra room of the RAV for a three year old, car seat, etc., and for that sort of thing the RAV is perfect. I test drove a 4 cyl RAV, and it was fine. But the V-6 was just too sweet to pass up.
    Yes, I have test drove RAV4 Sport and am comparing to Audi A6 2.7T. Performance wise the V6 is very respectible and the handling is much better than I expected for an SUV. The space is very nice. Like you say, the brakes are no comparison to the Audi. Luxury is less but then again the price is 40% less too! Pretty good deal all around I think.
  • I just filled up this afternoon. I have 1,568 miles, and I am still getting 18MPG
    You drive too fast grasshopper.
  • Your gas mileage is not normal. Your dealer telling you to wait till 5K miles is an idiot. Even if you spend a lot of time stuck in long traffic jams, you should be getting at least 23 MPG mixed hwy/city with the 4 cylinder. My only other question is how are you calculating your average MPG? I hope you are not dividing your miles into the 15.9 gallon capacity figure instead of actual usage. I know of someone that once thought that was the way it was calculated. Even that would give you higher than 16.5 MPG. You didn't mention how the car is running. Is it running rough?
  • Hi martymacgyver, I too have the same package. Pacific Blue and with moonroof. Can you tell me where the other 2 speakers are located? I could find only 6.
    2 each on the front doors.
    1 each on the back doors.
    1 subwoofer on the cargo (gate) door.

Thanks,
  • tom92tom92 Posts: 1
    Wondering if its possible to get the 4cyl RAV4 limited without the moonroof? I know its a option but has anyone actually seen one without the moonroof?
  • bcbob8bcbob8 Posts: 17
    hondtotoyo1: I read on other forums that the 9 speakers include the woofer on each of the front doors, the tweeter on each of the front doors, and then the speaker on each of the back doors counts as two because it's a "two way" speaker, plus the sub-woofer in the back door. It sounds odd, but it does total 9.
  • gd113gd113 Posts: 114
    Here in CT I had to order a limited with a moonroof to get one. Most limiteds did not have one.
    If you go to the Toyota site and go to the options and click on JBL is has a diagram of the arrangement
    Yes, I have seen them without. Go to the Toyota build and price section and enter your zip code. Then you can see all the option combos for your region usually. Most of the Base versions I have seen here in NY have no sunroof. Also have seen Limited that way.
  • 2ndgrade2ndgrade Posts: 3
    Well, the leather seats in the 540i are extremely comfortable!! We didn't get leather in the new RAV, but the seats seemed quite comfortable, at least from the test drives we've taken.

We got a call from our dealer this morning that our new RAV has just come in: Blizzard Pearl, Limited, Tan interior, 4cyl, 2wd, side curtain, running lights. Paid $800 over invoice here in PA, waited about 5 weeks for it to arrive. Scheduled to pick it up Tuesday the 25th. Would get it this weekend but the sale of our BMW is pending until Saturday.
  • narpnarp Posts: 3
    I just negotiated on a 2006 New Toyota Rav4 Base V4 4x4 Silver Automatic for $28,440, including tax / license / everything.

It has these options: DR, CD, AM/FM/MP3/no CD changer, V5, MF, AW 17", GY, CF, Toyota standard warranty, Toyota Premium prepaid maintenance (4 yr, 55k mi). It also has installed Leather seats, and front heated seats aftermarket installation by dealer.

What do you think? Should I go ahead for this offer? I am in Seattle area, Rodland Toyota in Everett is the dealer.
  • fhspsu67fhspsu67 Posts: 24
    Sounds high. I got my I4 4X4 Limited w/ sunroof, JBL, side & curtain airbags, carpet/cargo mats. LTD also has the power drivers seat, alloy wheels, color keyed and heated outside mirrors, and hard spare tire cover, and i'm sure I'm forgetting some more things. My MSRP was $26,704 and I paid $25,691. I didn't get the leather/heated seats. I just noticed that your post states V4. Did you mean V6?
  • raydahsraydahs Posts: 449
    I don't know how accurate this is, due to not knowing how much the dealer filled it up at the time of purchase. The gauge seemed to drop (from the filled line) quicker than my 05' Camry did.

My 1st. tank of 80% hwy 20% city, climate control set to 75 degrees. At 326 miles it took 12.95 gallons @$2.81/gal = 25 MPG. Which is 3 MPG less than sticker......I am okay with that :)
  • battinabattina Posts: 19
    I have the V6, 2x4, and also don't know the what the dealership fill up was. I put gas in for the first time at 295 miles. It took 13.474 gallons. So how do you figure out the mpg if not dividing mileage by the 15.9 gallon capacity?
    divide by the amount of gas you put in. That is the gas you used for the most recent miles you recorded.

So 295/13.474=21.894 MPG!

This assumes that the dealer filled it. Probably not 100% So see how you do for 5 tanks and then tell us.
  • battinabattina Posts: 19
    Thanks-I will!So far not the best mpg, but I am glad I bought it.
    So how do you compare the V6 RAV4 to the lexus 300
  • raydahsraydahs Posts: 449
    Jimd4 gotcha covered on the "how to" figures.

I'm convinced now the dealer didn't fill it to the top. Yesterday when I filled up, my girlfriend was driving it and I couldn't see the gauge from the passenger seat. But last night on the way to dinner, I drove and saw it was about .080" over the "F" line. It was on the line when I picked it up from the dealer, So I'm assuming it got better than 25 MPG, because I actually had fewer gallons than the 12.9 I put in, we'll see what this week brings.

I'm off to get the whole thing tinted out, even the sunroof! Ahh.....Tucson, bring on the heat baby! I see you're in So.Cal, I moved from Carlsbad 6 mos. ago...don't miss the traffic, but do miss the sea breeze :shades:
  • alinlalinl Posts: 8
    I do not know what to say. I do not have an excellent MPG too...I read here that some people got 24 - 30 MPG which I thing I will not get. I have an I4 Ltd with 1,000 miles and I get between 20-22 MPG for 90% city driving. I live in FL and I use 100% of the time the AC which, I am sure, decreases MPG. I am not disappointed but neither happy with what I get. I am looking forward for improvements...