Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2006 Toyota RAV4

1224225226227228230»

Comments

• i have the same problem with my toyota 2006 RAV 4...can you please tell me how you solved your problem?
  • GET RID OF IT! The condenser on my AC broke in 2009 (while under warranty) and was told I was impatient - not waiting long enough to blow the hot air out - it gets damn hot here in the summer and I am no idiot but I didn't have the time to deal with it so I ignored it, in 2010 when I had roughly 60,000 miles on it I noticed the transmission was acting up so I took it in the shop and mentioned AGAIN that something was wrong with the AC. Now, the warrenty ran out at 55k so of course they found an issue with the AC but it took them 4 days to diagnose an issue with the transmission. Long story short I picked my car up and promptly went to a NON TOYOTA dealership and traded it in. Honestly, I like my new car MUCH better, it's bigger, gets better gas mileage and I can haul a lot more stuff in it. I personally went to Ford and got the Edge and I LOVE IT!!!! I've had it over a year now and already have 26,000 miles on it with NO ISSUES (knock on wood)!
  • ajg33ajg33 Posts: 13
    Has anyone had to replace the alternator on their 2006 Rav4? Ours just went along with the battery. Is 5 years expected life for the alternator? What is a rough estimate on cost to replace? Thanks.
  • This is quite a coincidence as my 2006 Rav4 died on me yesterday (nov 1) while i was driving. The battery light came on and I lost my power steering. It is in the shop now and I'm waiting to hear if it's the batter, alternator, or other. I was told its normal for the battery to go after 4-5 years but not so much the alternator. I have a little less than 50k on the car and it's a 4 cyl. I'm curious what the outcome was for you? I'm not happy
  • my 2006 Rav4 died on me yesterday (nov 1) while i was driving. The battery light came on and I lost my power steering. It is in the shop now and I'm waiting to hear if it's the batter, alternator, or other. I was told its normal for the battery to go after 4-5 years but not so much the alternator. I have a little less than 50k on the car and it's a 4 cyl.

Any insight anyone?
  • ajg33ajg33 Posts: 13
    Replaced the battery and alternator for around $1200. Working fine now. No real answer as to how and why the alternator died.
  • gilvkonagilvkona Posts: 31
    I bought my RAV4 in February 2006. I have had just over 7 years and have 104k miles on it. I have driven it across the country several times and it now resides in Hawaii as a second vehicle. The only thing that went wrong with the vehicle was a noise when I turned the vehicle. Luckily, it was covered under the original warranty. I noticed the noise is coming back slightly as the car ages. Also, as the car ages, I notice the ride is a bit bumpier. Believe it or not, I did not have the brakes redone until I reached 100k. The guy who replaced the brakes didn't believe it had been that long. When I drove it in a mostly city sometimes highway mode, I got about 24mpg. Now that I drive it in a more open road environment, I get 27 or 28 mpg consistently. From the beginning, the car used about 1/2 quart of oil between oil changes. Now it is more like a quart between changes. This has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned.
  • Good for you. Wish I could say the same about my 2007 RAV 4 (less than 50,000 miles on it). This will be the LAST Toyota I'll ever own.