Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Difference between 2001 GMC K2500HD and C2500HD?

sc0rp10nsc0rp10n Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in GMC
I have a 2001 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Extended Cab that I'm getting ready to sell. It's got a 6" Superlift suspension lift. Anyway, I'm going to sell it on Cars.com and maybe Trucktrader.com. I'm unsure whether my truck is a K2500HD or a C2500HD. I've got the original sticker right here with me and can't find it anywhere on there. Does anyone know how I can find out which mine is?

Comments

• driftracerdriftracer Member Posts: 2,448
    the difference between K and C is 4x4 versus 4x2. You'll note in the fith, sixth, and seventh digits of your VIN, it reads K29 - if it were a 2WD truck, it'd be a C29.

Sorry, I do 20 GM lemon law cases per week, and with the huge influx of cases for engine tap/piston slap, I have all the model numbers memorized.
  • sc0rp10nsc0rp10n Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. That's just the information I was looking for. I really love the truck, but I started working for an auto manufacturer about a year ago and I want to get a vehicle built at my plant.
    GM trucks really don't have the C/K designation any more, like way back when they were identified as the Chevy/GMC C/K, and had C10, C20, K5, K30, etc markings on the outside. Most value guides still recognize them this way, though, and I think most consumers will get the idea.
  • akjbmwakjbmw Member Posts: 231
    Tag onto the previous post.

It appears that the '98 year was designated C/K in the Helms manual, though the C/K on the truck was no longer displayed. The Silverado was a trim designation.

In '99 the Silverado was the model.
    in 1999, in the 1500 series, you had the choice of the Silverado/Sierra (new style) or classic style - in the 2500/3500, the Silverado/Sierra new body style didn't kick in until 2001.
This discussion has been closed.