Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

First Dealer Service - 2016 Honda Civic Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2016 in Honda
imageFirst Dealer Service - 2016 Honda Civic Long-Term Road Test

We took our 2016 Honda Civic in for its first scheduled service, which includes an oil change and tire rotation.

Read the full story here

Comments

• aukrautaukraut Member Posts: 2
    ...and the complaints about "Why Edmunds paid so much for an oil change" begin in 3....2....1
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    only four quarts of oil??? wow... synthetic?
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    aukraut said:

...and the complaints about "Why Edmunds paid so much for an oil change" begin in 3....2....1

Well, it IS a lot, however, at $70, it's cheaper compared to the Pilot's last service (our 13 Pilot is insanely simple to change oil) which was $185 of which $80+ was for the oil change and tire rotation. I'd bet, though, that there are coupons they could easily use to save $10-$15 off. Just got a dealership coupon for a $20 Tire Rotation (which I think is normally like $35), so I guess they make money on people who don't bother to try and get a better deal.
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    s197gt said:

only four quarts of oil??? wow... synthetic?

0W-20 is always (at least my understanding) partially synthetic, but surprisingly, Honda doesn't require full synthetic even though its a Turbo. 4 quarts is about average: remember, its a 1.5 L engine. My 1.8 L Miata only needs 3.5 quarts.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I was under the impression that most of the majors who spec "synthetic" have really gone to a semi-synthetic/blend.