Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera 2006

Comments

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,568
    Oh well there you go ruined a perfectly good wisecrack :cry:

There are three types of people in this world. Those who are good at math and those who are not.

• Is it time to re-evaluate your response in light of changed circumstances?
    I did thank you :D

There are three types of people in this world. Those who are good at math and those who are not.

• this is the forst board i have logged into and given an opinion about anything.

do you people work at Hyundai or a Hyundai dealership ?

did you ever try and trade/sell a used Hyundai?

once the warranty is over you might as well paint a number on the side and enter them in the bomber class races on Friday nights at the local 1/4 mile dirt track.
    do you people work at Hyundai or a Hyundai dealership ?

I do not, my company makes trucks, big trucks.

The only cars I have ever sold were to junk yards since I drive them until they cannot be driven anymore. If it runs or can be kept running I keep it.

once the warranty is over you might as well paint a number on the side and enter them in the bomber class races on Friday nights at the local 1/4 mile dirt track.

My warranty is way over, just for grits and shins I took mine over to the local Carmax and they offered me a little over 2k for it (close to Kelly Blue Book value for it). So I know I have some value left in it. I think thats good seeing there is 130k miles on it and I only paid $12k for it.

• do you people work at Hyundai or a Hyundai dealership ?

Nope, I work for a major University in the northeast, and boy is it cold and snowy right now! :cry:

Again, nope. But I have had a devil of a time in the past getting decent trade-in values on the various Fords, Mercurys, Chryslers, and Chevy trucks that I have had. :sick:

Maybe the way some drive and maintain their vehicles. Me, I either run them to the ground, or trade them after the warranty has expired, which will be long time on my current 04 Sonata and 05 Tucson. :shades:
  • danf1danf1 Posts: 935
    There is a 27 month lease program on the Azera. 53%residual, .00119 money factor and $1,000 lease rebate. It is being advertised at 299/mo for 12k miles per year with 2,925 cash down.
  • danf1danf1 Posts: 935
    I do work at a Hyundai dealership.

I have traded in and sold many used Hyundais.

Once the warranty is over, providing that you have done your maintenance, keep driving the car. Of course, most cars will last longer after their warranties expire because most warranties are 3 years, 5 at most. 10 years in one car is almost unheard of for the average American.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    Admittedly, I am not completely familiar with the features of a Azera Limited plus ultimate pkg, but here are those that I believe a loaded Avalon has that the loaded Azera doesnt. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Driver's Side Knee Airbag
    Voice Command Navigation
    Smart Key Entry and Ignition system
    Dynamic Laser Cruise Control
    Reclining Rear Seat
    Driver's Seat Cushion extender
    HID Headlamps
    Steering Wheel Climate Controls
    Ventilated Front Seats

~alpha
  • jeffreidjeffreid Posts: 162
    Where is the Bingo! coming from? You seem to be talking about Azera vs. Sonata again. I was talking about Azera vs. Avalon.

Yes, older model Hyundai's did lose a very noticable amount of value in the past. Ii have owned two in the past. One I traded for the other, and one I sold myself. Let's be serious. If you buy any car it will take a loss. If you are buying a car to sell it later, you are making a bad investment. If resale is that big of a deal, lease a car, so that you know what your trade/sale value will be before you sign the dotted line. My point is that we DO NOT have any way of knowing how the Azera or the new Sonata are going to resell due to the fact that nobody knows how these vehicles (as well as the Tucson in my opinion) are going to change the outlook on people's view of Hyundai. If I think that I can trust a car with 75k miles on it, I will pay a little more for it if it is form the brand I trust. Is that a 2002 Sonata right now? Probably not. Is that a 2006 Azera or Sonata in 4 or 5 years, maybe yes. That is where your resale value comes from.

If you want to buy an Azera for 4000-4500 off MSRP, it may happen in 6-8 months as you said before. With a little over 2000 markup, a 2000 reabte and maybe some owner loyalty will get you there!! 26k for an ultimate package does sound pretty good. My question, is this. Why should Hyundai build a great car and then price it way below it's competition, and then offer big rebates and discounts. If the auto world lets it be known that this is a great car, why drop the price even more? Wal-Mart discounts day old bread, not iPod Nano's. We'll see if the Azera is crusty or trendy.
  • jeffreidjeffreid Posts: 162
    Sounds correct. No nav on any Azera. The Azera has the rear side airbags, but none for knees. Azera does have cruise, but not with lasers. No recling rear seats. No HID's. No steering wheel climate controls.

How much is this Limited Avalon again? Somewhere between $37k and $40k I think with all of those options. The Avalon is a great car, I really like it. But my goodness at this price, we seem to be getting into a whole new class of cars from the Azera aren't we?

If a person wants all of those items and a near $40k price tag, I am waving the white flag with my Azera. I hope that most of the people that are looking at voth would be looking at the two in a somewhat comparable trim.

Thank you for the info though. I really do appreciate it.
    For a price Ugarte, for a price.

remember that the fully loaded Avalon goes for $37,765 verses the fully loaded Azera at $31,880.

To be honest I would care about navigation systems, laser cruise control, anything about the back seat (I never sit there) and so on and so forth.

But then again I don't care about having 10 speakers in a car (I only have two ears) Adjustable pedals, rain sensing wipers or a power shade for the back window.

• alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    My point being that people talk about a loaded Avalon being $38 grand, which it is. But for $38K, theres a LOT of major tech-type features that the Avalon has that the Azera does not. Subtract all the fancy stuff and go with a similarly equipped model, say a Touring plus the top option pkg (JBL 6 disc 360 watt changer, power moonroof, VSC, a few odds and ends), and the Avalon is $32.5K.

PS- Smart Key is really neat, I wish Hyundai would have offered this.

~alpha
    that may be true but it it still more than a fully loaded Azera. Knock off some of the stuff I don't want off of the Azera and that price comes down more.

If it were a choice between the two the Azera has the edge as far as I am concerned.

• I sold two of my own used Hyundais so far, both as private sales. I did very well on both compared to what I paid for them new.
    If you trade one in you don't really know what you are getting for it. If the salesman knows you want a high trade allowance, he'll give it to you, but then make his profit on the new car price and/or financing. If you want a super good deal on financing and new price, then you're going to get a very low trade-in allowance.
    It almost ALWAYS works that way.
    I prefer to sell my old car privately, negotiate the best new car price, and get my own financing unless somehow the dealer can make me a better offer on a loan.
  • You are not correct. The Navigation system, stability control and Dynamic laser control are all extra options on the Avalon LTD. I didn't look before I purchased mine and was surprized that the HID headlights aren't bi-xenon like the Azera's. My voice command nav really doesn't work very well.
    To be fair alpha did say a fully loaded Avalon which to me means all extra options included.

• delta4delta4 Posts: 138
    It is true that the Avalon offers more options than current Azera in North America. Here are some features that are available in Korean version but did not make it on U.S. version:

HID Headlamps
    Smart Key Entry and Ignition system
    Exterior Side view Mirror Turn Signals
    Rear Park Assist
    Navigation System - **not sure if voice activated option.
    AGCS - Active Geometry Control Suspension (rear motorized Suspension)
    Source: Hyundai-Motor/Korea

Minus the above options which are unavailable in U. S. spec model agree that Avalon offers more upgrades than current Azera. I suspect keeping the price point below the competition was the motive.

Now features that don't come standard on Avalon:

Traction Control
    Stability Control
    Rear Side Airbags
    Active Front Head Restraints - aka whiplash protection
    Front Suspension: Double Wishbone vs Macpherson Strut
    Rear Suspension: Multi-link vs Macpherson Strut
    (interestingly enough both Avalon and ES330 use same type of suspension setup)
  • Is your upgraded sound system the same as the one in the Ultimate package or something different? Does it have a cassette player? What did you pay for it?