Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Audi S4 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

macwebtigermacwebtiger Posts: 1
edited January 29 in Audi
Went to the local dealer here in CA and test drove an S4 cab quattro - had 6500 miles on it (2004) - seems great, but never owned an audi. dealer is asking $52,000 but probably could get for flat $50,000. It's a lot of money - Interested if anyone has any strong opinions about that price for that car? Or if it doesn't work out - will I lose a ton of money selling it?

thanks,

peter

Comments

• I loved my a4 3.0 cab until someone rear ended me yesterday and bent the frame. They were going over 40 and i was standing still. the car really did a good job protecting us. i am looking a the s4 cuz it has a stick and at 50K compared to the 3.0 may not be a bad deal.
  • richk1richk1 Posts: 51
    hi all - any chance someone out there can provide a dealer reco and recent pricing info for leasing an S4 (preferably with premium package, but w/out nav) in the NYC/NJ area?

Not for me, but I'm doing the leg work for a less internet savvy friend.

Thanks,
    Rich
  • beatty1beatty1 Posts: 1
    Peter, Hey!

I got a brand new 2004 S4 Cab with everything, except the nav system for $50,900. And that was in New York! You should get that car for under 50 thou.

PS You'll love it!
  • jonavinjonavin Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2005 S4 at Audi of Alexandria for $47750, not including VA tax and registration/application fees. Options include Premium package, Audio package w/XM radio, Heated front seats, Power Rear windows and manual rear side window sunshades.
    I am sure I could have gotten lower price, but unfortunately I lack the aggressiveness of a good bargainer. It is an early 2005 model and not the re-design one with big grills. I opt for Premier purchase plan, since they offer 3% APR, 10000 miles per year, for 36 months and at the end of the plan I can either trade, turn in the car and walk away, or keep the car and pay $28728. Total monthly payment comes to $560 a month, including GAP insurance. Total of the car price paid with tax and other fees comes to $50304. I hope this help somewhat to those that wishes to buy 2005 S4 that has been discontinued. Oh and down payment was $5000
  • It is silver with premium package no cold or Bose or Nav. It is Tiptronic(auto).

Put down $3700 and payments of $575 WITH TAX and 12,000 miles per year.
    I dont know how these guys did it but I could find no other dealer in LA area willing to match it on similar cars with different colors.

I was not loving silver so I called many dealer from San Diego to north of LA.
    They all said if you can get it get two!

Well I don't hate silver that much...great car put 1,000 miles already and it is great.
    Silver blends in a bit too much for me coming from a red/black MINI Cooper S.

I wanted the blue, red or yellow S4 but silver looks handsome.
  • kevin88gtkevin88gt Posts: 10
    I'm trying to figure out a lease payment with my calculator... can anyone help me out? Also what money factor should I be using....thank you in advance.
  • drewarddreward Posts: 13
    I just ordered an S4 '06 Cabrio (silver with red seats) agreed price with dealer is $2,200 under MSRP which seems pretty good (unfortunately '06 prices are considerably up on '05)
  • simantinisimantini Posts: 2
    Hi there,

I am seriously considering ordering a 2006 S4 cabrio. Can you tell me the name of the Audi dealership and the name of the sales agent who is giving you such a good deal? I amy want to talk him into giving me a similar deal. :)
  • jp12jp12 Posts: 1
    Thanks for the info on your S4. I am looking into leasing one myself and was wondering if you could tell me the name of the dealership?

Thanks.
  • simantinisimantini Posts: 2
    Hello,

I am considering ordering the light metallic silver 06 Audi S4 with red nappa leather seats. Since you have the same specs, how do you like the looks of the car (since I have not seen one in the dealership)? Also, which dealer did you get the car from?

Simantini
  • drewarddreward Posts: 13
    Not got the car yet (they finished building it but it is on the high sees) I will update when I recieve it :(
  • Does anyone know what the money factor should be for a 2005.5. S4 sedan? I was quoted .002 by the dealer, and wanted to know if I could get this number down.
  • diablo1diablo1 Posts: 55
    Questions for anyone who special ordered their S4 rather than choosing one the dealership already had: When you ordered from the factory, how long did it take between order and delivery? Also, does creating a custom order significantly reduce your bargaining power?

I'm looking for a 2005.5 or 2006 (not sure when they'll be available though) S4, probably light silver color, auto trans with nav. Thanks for your help!
  • fmpfmp Posts: 9
    Hi, wanted to get some input on the following deal I just got offered in northern NJ:

2005.5 S4, model option 8EC549
    -dolphin gray metallic
    -silver interior

Notable optional equipment:
    -heated front and rear seats
    -carbon fiber belt line trim
    -front license plate holder
    -gas guzzler tax
    -silk nappa leather
    -NAV
    -Audio package
    -Premium package

MSRP quoted was $54,795. The invoice price quoted was $50, 823. They said they would sell it to me for invoice

Is this a good deal?
  • Never just accept an offer that they give you. They expect you to give a counter-offer, and negotiate from there. How low you want to go is up to you, but pick your price and then make that the midpoint of your negotiations (for example, if they offer $50k and you want to pay $48k, offer $46k). The worst they can do is say no...
  • fmpfmp Posts: 9
    Sound negotiation advice of course. I just wanted to hear if anyone has had recent buying experience with the 2005.5 S4 and if so, what the prices paid looked like so I can have an idea of how these cars are selling. Would appreciate any values if someone has them. Thanks.
  • There is $2500 cash back to dealers on 05.5 S4's So I'd shoot for $2000 under invoice. They definitely have room to move. I was quoted $48800 for an Silver, Tip 05.5 over the internet. MSRP is $55170. It was a demo with 4300 miles so I think it could be had for $47000 or maybe less. Good luck!
  • rex32rex32 Posts: 4
    Anyone know any of the lease figures for the 2005.5 S4s?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • I'm looking at a new S4 with a sticker ~55K. My understanding is that there is currently $4500 in dealer incentives available through 11/30/05. Can anyone confirm this? Also, does anyone have the current buy rate and residuals for Audi FS for a 36 month 10K and 12K lease? If you have the 2-year lease figures, I would appreciate that as well.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    The 2005 A6 had $4500 dealer cash, but not the S4 to my knowledge. I thought the A4/S4 were 2000-2500 depending on the model.