Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Audi S4 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Recently came to terms on a new S4 to be delivered next week:

Black/Black/6MT/Nav/Premium/Sirius/Tire pressure monitoring/premium audio

Sale price $52,400 (incl gas guzzler)

they are also eating about 1200 on my trade-in and they waived the aquisition fee and security deposit

Hope this helps....
  • cosmo3cosmo3 Posts: 2
    Mulligan,

Thanks for the response...what an excellent deal. if you don't mind me asking, what state did you get this deal. Was it a battle to make this happen?

Cosmo
  • Thanks, Cos.

I purchased the car in Kansas. The info on Edmunds really helped make this a pretty smooth deal and my dealer was also very laid back and easy to deal with when compared to some others that I've run into. Good luck with your purchase.

Hit 'em straight...
  • _matty_matty Posts: 28
    What's sales tax in Cali?

It depends on the city. 7.25% is the state sales tax, but some cities like LA and SF have it hiked to 8% or 8.25%. Kind of steep, I know, but anyone who tells you that CA is the most expensive state in the lower 48 is not kidding. The sales tax was 7.75% where I bought my S4.

But your OTD price after tax, lo jack & paint potector is almost $6000 more than the discounted sale price.

Discounted sale price? Maybe on the 2005.5's right now, but they are not giving big breaks on the 06's this early in the year. The numbers that I have seen posted on this page all seem fairly reasonable at this time when compared with what I paid. If you can be aggressive enough to get a 2006 S4 for $1,000-1,500 over invoice you're doing okay. Later in the year that will certainly change, but if you wait you may run the risk of not getting exactly what you want, especially if you want a stick. Then again, you may get lucky and find exactly what you want, but you never know.
  • salrafsalraf Posts: 17
    hey matty..good to see another northern ca in here..i am in tracy..
    i have been thinking of getting the new s4. due to the wife factor it looks like it will be auto...
    any smg equivalent for the s4?
  • dhamiltondhamilton Posts: 873
    Man you nor-cal guys are making me homesick. No DSG for S4 yet that I'm aware of.
    Did y'all hear that bonehead ref from the Steelers game lives in Stockton? {where I grew up}
  • eric34eric34 Posts: 1
    I'm going for a test drive tomorrow on the 2005.5 S4. What did they change mid year? Has anyone had any problems with the 05.5? Also, the dealer said it's going for 47000 before taxes and fees. Sound like a good deal, or anyone think this should go lower?
  • I was about to make an offer on an '04 S4 when I noticed that Consumer Reports gave this particular model and year the worst rating regarding trasmission problems. I'm just looking for input from those of you who may have owned one for a year or more. Any transmission problems?
    They seem to have worked that problem out. The 2006 S4 is a 4th generation model and is probably as reliable as it's going to get. I don't even know if Audi has any new plans for the S4 in 2007. It looks like the RS4 is the next step that Audi is taking with their 4-series.
  • dal2dal2 Posts: 2
    I recently began to search out a replacement for my volvo s60r (end of lease) and liked the ride/horsepower of the audi s4 sedan. I was quoted a sales price (loaded) of 56000 (no negotiations yet) and a lease at 36 months 0 down of just under 1000/mo. I was also checking out the BMW awd 5 series and a (57000 car) lease was quoted as 0 down 36 months and 740/month. The residual on the BMW lease was 72% and I am assuming the big difference with the audi must be the residual numbers. Are BMW residuals that much superior or can I realisticly hope to find a much better lease number, similar to the bimmer's on the S4 if I keep looking.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,598
    I don't have the S4 residual percentages, but I am familiar with the lease program on the 5-series, which is really good this month..

The big difference between BMW and Audi is most likely, the residual..60% on a 36mo/45K lease (72% is for 24 months) But, the 5-series also has a low money factor (.0014) that keeps the monthly payment down.

Another factor.. selling price.. That dealer may be quoting you a price close to MSRP.. they could also be marking up the money factor for extra profit..

You could buy the S4 for under $1100/mo.. I sure wouldn't pay $1000/mo. to lease it..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• salrafsalraf Posts: 17
    hey ky...
    Can you find out what the residual value is for a 2005/2006 s4 for us? And money factor..

I cant seem to find these figures anywhere but there is plenty of lease info on BMW's... :surprise:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,598
    Post your question over here:

Audi A4: Lease Questions

Just be sure to note that it is for the S4.. and Car_man can give you those numbers..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I know that momentum in Houston is willing to deal under invoice on the remaining 2005.5 S4's. Problem is that all they have left are automatics.
  • I've read through this thread about prices paid and buying experiences. It's very helpful information. Obviously a lot of the info. posted is in reference to the 2005.5 model B7 S4.

Can anyone make an educated guess on what I can expect to find come May/June of this year? I'm looking to get perhaps an '06 model just before it turns into an '07 in order to maximize my investment so to speak. I haven't heard of any expected changes for the '07 model so it may not really make much sense to get one and pay more of a premium.

Any feedback on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. By the way, I'm in Orange County so I would think there will be plenty of competitively priced models available. :)
  • helpfull ifo here, I am looking for a new lease on the S4 06. Can anyone tell about an exprience.
  • denaliinpadenaliinpa Posts: 169
    hi tcinoc,

i've been pondering for months now the idea of picking up an 05.5 or 06 or even an 07 S4. the S4 is a blast to drive. my guess is that the 06's will be discounted heavily after May of this year. Audi will start shipping 07's in a few months so the 06's will have to go. the 07's should see a tiny bump in HP with the new FSI engine. also keep in mind that the RS4 will be on sale shortly. that will most likely take some demand away from the S4.
    If you're looking for an '06 S4 in May/June you should have no problem getting exactly what you want. I wouldn't expect them to start marking down the '06's until much later. My local dealer where I bought my '06 S4 in December didn't even have their 05.5's on closeout yet. I probably could have saved 4K on an 05.5 at the time, but I would have had to settle for a tiptronic and I wanted none of it.

Be careful about one thing though and this touches on another post from above. If you wait for the dealer markdowns you're running the risk of not getting exactly what you want. Do you want a stick? Most people do when it comes to this car and those models will become very hard to find as the end of the year approaches. When I bought my '06 S4 they had the exact model that I wanted on the lot (I got lucky). They had 11 S4's and it was the only one with a manual tranny and it was the exact color and trim that I wanted. I drove it home the same day instead of having to wait 3 months for one to be shipped from Germany.

My S4 is by far the best car I have ever owned. It's so much fun to drive I have put almost 7K miles on it in 3 months. I'm sort of kicking around the idea of trading it in for an RS4 in a few months, but I may just hold onto it for another 2 years and step up to the 2008 RS6. It hasn't been approved for production yet, but the engine specs are already known- 550bhp V10. Audi made a wise move buying Lamborghini so they could tap their V10's. I couldn't be happier.
  • tagstags Posts: 3
    Just bought 05.5 s4 tiptronic yellow with 1300 miles on it, with audio package, about 3k below invoice(so around ~41k).

Test drove it last month, just loved it.
    That's a great deal! I wonder if it was a dealer demo or if it was pre-owned? I paid 52,800 for my '06 S4 manual about 3 months ago. I could have paid less and got an '05.5, but there were no MT's to be had, only tiptronics. That's a compromise I just couldn't make. I have debated trading in my S4 for a new RS4 in a few months, but I'm almost afraid to ask what kind of trade-in value I will get.

Maybe I should just supercharge my S4 and save some cash. The cars look almost the same. What do you all think?
  • tagstags Posts: 3
    S4 is a good car to drive around, but i'm sure a 4.2 FSI with tighter suspension you would feel the difference when you drive it. But with amount of $$ you going to spend, you might give it a second thought. Wait around and see you options again in a year would be wiser.
  • I know my local dealer has two 06 S4 25quattro, one is brand new model, the other is a demo.

Any idea what price should i get paying for a demo? He's quoted $60k on the new one. I want to offer $56k for the demo one but i dont know what's reasonable.
  • denaliinpadenaliinpa Posts: 169
    my local dealer in PA has 2 25th anniversary S4's
    in stock. i love the color, interior, and oversized
    dual exhaust. what i don't like is the vents in the
    rear quarter panel and the pain in the [non-permissible content removed] to clean
    rims!!

matty...i'm still crossing my fingers that there
    will be some nice discounts on the 06's earlier than
    the fall. right now i drive an 05 A8. my lease expires
    in december. i'm guessing the A8 and A4 will see some
    horsepower increases with the 07 model year. plus the S8 and S6 will be available in the fall also. if i could i would own an S4, S8, and A8!!! :D but heck you can only
    drive one at a time!! :)
    Either low ball them on the 25th anniversary model, or hold off. They are NOT selling. My local dealer has 3. One is in the showroom, one is outside, and the other is a demo that the sales manager was driving. I wouldn't offer them much more than the MSRP of the regular S4, and that's for the non-demo.

If the lease on your A8 expires in December, that will be a perfect time for you to get an '06 on closeout. Personally, if you like the 6 and 8 series' I would check out an S6. The V10 Lambo engine is going to be sweet and the car will be available for delivery by then.
  • esfesf Posts: 1,020
    Well, I don't think they look "almost the same", but...

I also don't think it's worth it to sell your new S4 for an RS4. Also, if you buy the RS4, I can see you'll be angry at yourself for not waiting for the RS6.

I myself have an '05 S4 Cabriolet (tiptronic), and it annoys me very much that Audi isn't bringing the RS4 Cabriolet to America. If the new '09 S5 Cabriolet is out, or even the RS5, by the time I get a new car, I'll definitely get one of those.

;)
  • esfesf Posts: 1,020
    Also, the 420hp reported in the new S6 is wrong. There's actually a slight increase- 435hp.

It's good enough to say "I have 440hp."

;)
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    The 25th Anniv. Quattro came out at a bad time. At 62 grand, the leap to low's 70's for an RS4 with 420 hp isn't that much of a stretch. I think that's why more than a few are still sitting around at dealerships.
  • tcinoctcinoc Posts: 5
    rjlaero, you hit the nail on the head. The timing was terrible for the 25th Anniversary. All the dealers in my area also have them sitting on their lots. I can't believe they won't just bite the bullet and sell them at a decent price. As strange as it may sound, I actually prefer the standard 06 S4 now that I've had enough time in one.
  • tcinoctcinoc Posts: 5
    Hey matty, thanks for the response. Actually I haven't checked back in here on this board for quite some time and just happened to take a peak.

For the record, I've found a 6MT at a local dealer that I instantly liked. I'm getting a great deal on it and it's an 06. Paying invoice for it. I'm going to be picking it up in a couple of days and I'm totally psyched.

My sales guy was very cool and allowed me to thoroughly test drive two different S4s back-to-back, one Tip and the other MT. I took them both home over the weekend. I concluded the manual tranny is the best way to go! :)