Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Audi S4 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• wayknow1wayknow1 Posts: 1
    Has anyone had any experiences with agents that charge usually a grand to buy the car you specify at a off lease auto action. I have be talking one agent that do this for a living and it seems like a person can get a 04, 05 S4 that just came off lease from Audi Financial for somewhere in the low-mid 20's.

Details on how this works from the agent are:
    I spec the car I want, colors, extras, and such, the agent sends me the list of cars at the next auction, I tell the agent what I want, the agent attends the action, inspects the car(s), calls me and discusses the car while he(the agent) is standing beside it. The agent and I decided if the car is what I want, if so the agent bids up to my max $, if my bid wins, the agent buys the car with the agents money (not mine) then has the car inspected by a shop. The agent and I meet so I can buy the car from the agent. If I do not like the car for whatever reason I am not bound to buy it from the agent and am only out my travel expenses.

Anyone had any experiences with agents?
  • Hi there,

I'm curious about the current money factor for the RS4 sedan (12K miles, 36 months). Any other useful info on residuals, incentives, and how much I can expect to pay at, under, or over invoice would also be greatly appreciated!

Also, how easy is it to break a current lease with Audi (an A4) to start a new lease on the RS4?

Thanks!
  • How did that swap go? ;)
  • Wayknow1 - did you get any feedback on this question?

I used an agent - mainly does fleet but will source one-off new or used cars, to recently buy a replacement for my 02 Forester with an 09 (great vehicle, btw) and he was the negotiator for terms - paid for by someone else. It was a good experience even tho i did most of the leg work to get to my asking price - he had the tough conversation on price and trade-in (unless it really is a conspiracy and he's in cahoots with the dealer!). i drove it and picked it up - all very friendly.

I'm considering using him to source a below-market 07 S4. Any futher thoughts?
  • I am thinking about buying a 2001 Audi S4. It has all the bells and whistles one could ask for and the price is right. My hesitation is that this car is a '01 and has 107k. I have never had a car with that many miles on it before. I know that Audis are $$$ to maintain but is there anything I should look out for specifically? I dont want to buy the car and turn around and have to put too much money into it. Can someone give me a little advice. It would be much appreciated, thanks!!

:confuse:
  • Friend of mine wants to sell his 2004 Audi S4. It's been gently/barely driven for the last several years and parked in a heated garage 24/7.

Specs: '04 S4 with 28K miles ( silver color, manual transmission, bose, nav, seat warmers etc).

Asking price is $14,000. This is a good friend of mine and I know this car well, driven it several times, no known problems except for some light scratches on the bumpers). Is this a good price or should I be wasting my time shopping around dealerships? Basically in the market for a used sport compact.
  • nyjfnyjf Posts: 1
    25th Anniversary Edition with 22,000 miles going back to dealer soon; can purchase at end of lease if someone commits to purchase; excellent condition; looking to make a couple grand after covering taxes on purchase; NYC metro area
  • s4ces4ce Posts: 6
    I just completed a buyer's agreement with my local dealership for the 2nd 2010 S4 they will receive and wanted to get everyone's opinion. The pricing and order guide are not yet available, so here's what we agreed on:

2nd allocated 2010 S4 to arrive ~September 2009
    I can configure the car however I choose when the order guide becomes availble
    I will pay 3% above dealer invoice as well as the $399 "dealer service" fee, tax, tag, title
    Audi Care will be included in the above price

Has anyone else committed to a 2010 S4? What was your experience?
  • jpdisarrojpdisarro Posts: 33
    s4ce, that seems like a pretty good deal considering that the car will not be released for a few more months. I may consider the S4 in the next year or two, depending on its price. From what I have read online, it has been speculated that the 2010 S4 will be priced significantly below the S5 and even below the previous S4. We'll see if that's the case.
  • tarheel8tarheel8 Posts: 1
    s4ce

3% above invoice means that you'll be paying roughly $1500 above invoice. I looked at last years S4 and it seems that on average people were paying $1000 above invoice.
    Considering this is a new model and a pre-order, sounds like you got a pretty good deal. How much haggling did you have to do to get this? Any other details because I think I'm going to call up my dealership and try to get this deal too. Was just wondering if you had any other advice. Also did they mention how they were going to price options? Thanks.
    tarheel8,

This took lots of haggling despite a longstanding relationship with (and many cars purchased from) my dealer. My only advice is that in this market you shouldn't take no for an answer. Be prepared to walk, and do so when you don't get what you want. There are plenty of Audi dealers thirsty for your business and they get S4s too!

Unfortunately, no mention of price yet. My car is already being built in the factory and still anybody's guess about how much it will cost.

Good luck with your order!
    Now that the retail costs are out, has anyone seen invoice pricing? The cars are starting to show up, but I can't find this info anywhere!
  • davidk12davidk12 Posts: 27
    If anyone knows a site that has invoice pricing, I would love to know. I test drove a S4 yesterday and it is the first car that has made me think twice about the bmw 335i (with sport/nav/prem).

Thanks
  • I am considering purchasing a 2004 Audi S4. I live in Boston and the car is in New York City. A few things I am a little weary of and wondering what to look out for or look in to. The car has 105K on it, and they are asking 13K for it. Now I went and test drove the car and it drove great, very smooth and felt solid. However, I smelled some oil. When I turned the car on again, the oil pressure light and the coolant light both came on. I asked the salesman what was the story and he assured me the engine was in excellent condition. He said he would have the oil changed and the leak? looked at. Now I searched the dealership for reviews on google and I got back just three, all bad ones too. Two didn't really apply as the dealt with financing issues, which I will not be dealing with, the other mentioned something about the dealership saying that they work on your car, but really just clearing the computer so that the problems is masked and not fixed. Is there any possibility that you could clear the computer and the car would not pick up on the problem right away? Love the S4 but not sold on it with the issue? Any suggestions are appreciated-
    Great news: My S4 is finally on its way across "the pond" and should be here in about 2 weeks! I finally got my hands on the invoice pricing, so I thought I'd share. I'd love to hear about lease rates if anyone has heard anything (Car_Man?).

All prices are invoice:

Base Manual: 42,687
    Base S-tronic: 43,989
    Prestige: 5,674
    Nav Pkg w/camera: 2,326
    Driver Assist: 837
    Drive Select: 3,673
    Sports Diff: 1,024
    B&O Stereo: 790
    Silk Nappa seats: 930
    19" wheels: 837
    Sun shade: 466
    Rear side airbags: 325
    Adaptive Cruise control: 1,954
    Carbon inlays: 466
    Stainless inlays: 699
    Gray birch inlays: 466
    Wheel Lock kit: 74

I hope this helps everyone!! :D
  • rlsrljrlsrlj Posts: 13
    I am trying to figue out what the difference is between an A4 and an S4...can someone please help?

Thanks!
  • kocsi1kocsi1 Posts: 11
    It looks like all the S4 buyers plummeted sometime circa november 2009? Anyone out there with info regarding their prices paid? Would be helpful!
  • judeman09judeman09 Posts: 3
    You looking to buy or sell? I purchased my 01' S4 private party back in february. Looked at several over a years time and finally found the one. Beautiful condition, completely stock, 90k, paid $8750. Best purchase I've made! My advice is take your time and find the right car that has been cared for properly. There are lots of S4 out there, but i've have found that many people modify them or neglect to treat them right. They are a thing of beauty and deserve the best as you probably know already! Good luck-

Jude
    Boston, MA
  • judeman09judeman09 Posts: 3
    I would also highly recommend looking into the service history of the vehicle if you are buying, especially the timing belt!
  • kocsi1kocsi1 Posts: 11
    Thanks for the input Jude! I'm looking to get into a new car. Sounds like you got an awesome deal on yours though! Congrats!
  • Check on www.edmunds .com; also check on www.truecar.com
  • I'm really excited about getting an S4. I'm in CA (Bay Area). I was able to negotiate $750 over Invoice. HOWEVER, I see they have added $450 in Port and Dealer Ad Group (DAG) fees. This is in addition to the DMV ($633) and "Doc Fees" ($55). Is this standard? Or is this just a way for the dealer to get more out of the deal?
  • Here it is;

Blue with the two-toned interior, manual, 42months 15k year, $948 down=$721.00 a month in NJ. Good Deal? Thanks
  • Hi everyone,
    Newbie here out in California, and I have been looking at buying a 2010 S4 from a dealer but I'm not too sure how to present the opening offer. Should I base my offer on the asking price or the calculated Market value? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • noahsdadnoahsdad Posts: 17
    edited May 2013
  • supafr33ksupafr33k Posts: 1
    So Cal here...

Just leased a new 2013 Audi S4, Arctic White

MSRP $58,825
    Got them to agree to $51,973.56, then added audi care at $880.
    Trade-in gave me $1,858 which I folded into the upfront lease costs + first month @ $669...

12,000 mile/yr, 36 month lease

$619/month + tax @ 8.0% = $669

How'd I do?
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,253
    Didn't lease mine. It's a purchase. But, yours sounds almost exactly the same as mine (right down to the color). Final price is almost identical, too. I didn't spring for the Audi Care, however (dealer really pushed it, though).

So, sounds like a good deal if the MF is spot on.
  • klc3757klc3757 Posts: 9
    edited June 2013
    All,
    I'm considering leasing s4/a5/s5 and want to have a sound strategy when negotiating.
    I have audi supplier certificate which would get me 6% discount off msrp.
    On top of that audi has some incentives running for these cars.
    How much more room do I have when negotiating with dealers? Would dealers offer anything lower than the 6% + audi incentives? What sort of tricks might dealers play other than padding the MF?
    Thanks.
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,253
    Bought mine with the 6% off MSRP cert. I live in Cincinnati, but none of the local dealers (all 2 of them) would honor the certificate. I had to go to Chicago to find a dealer who would honor it.

At the time (about a year ago), Audi was offering $1,000 conquest or owner loyalty rebates, too. Don't know if that's still the case.

I pushed for a little more, but the best the dealer would do is throw in some "goodies" like rubber mats.

Good luck!
  • Hi everyone, I am looking into purchasing 2013 or 2014 S4 (either slightly used under 10,000 miles or new). I currently drive BMW 535I (has 89,000 miles on it now), and always had BMW or Mercedes, so I am looking for new experience.

From what I've read, sport differential is important to get on the S4. If anyone recently has purchased an audi S4, I would like to hear about your deal and negotiating experience. I live in Los Angeles, so if you have a dealer you had a good experience with, please name names. I would welcome all advice on the audi S4 and its purchasing experience. Thanks so much.

Christine