Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

DYING

arosa123arosa123 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2016 in Kia
Hi thanks to your postings I have a lead to solving my problem although my problem is a little different. My Kia Sedona 2004 does die everywhere but now I can't even get it of my drive way , if I let go the gas it dies instantly without fail. It cannot stay idle. I had replaced the TPS about 2 years ago due to stalling problems . Do you think it may be the TPS again???

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Can you borrow a code reader? Have you checked for a really large vacuum leak (like say, off the power brake booster?). Have you checked that all electrical connectors are good and tight, and undamaged?

No way to guess what the problem is. Stalling can be caused by so many things.
  • arosa123arosa123 Member Posts: 2
    Thank u  for ur answer!  I will check those things first. I know it can be so many things thus it can be so expensive trial and error process, but I'm hoping somebody experience the same issue and narrow it down for me. Like I said the car only stops in low idling it works while I'm pressing the gas.