Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan 300ZX

Comments

• scantyscanty Posts: 171
    that the vibration coming from that location can be a worn out bearing or u-joint in the two-piece driveshaft. The easy way to diagnose is to get it up to the speed where you can feel the vibration, then put the car in neutral. If the vibration stops, you've found the culprit. If it doesn't stop, it's probably a wheel imbalance. A replacement one-piece driveshaft is not that expensive.
  • hey i have a 93 2+2 and i have the same problem...from 20-40 mph it vibrates..ya it seems like its coming from the back.....please email me or post msg if you fixed it or know what to do..thnx guyz
  • on my 93 tt, 5 spd. with 132,000 miles the turbos have quit working, the boost gauge goes up to zero but wont get above that, a mech. says the vacum and sensors are good but that he has heard of this before but doesnt know the reason new member needing help plez :cry: e thanks from e. tn.
  • I have an '86 300zx. I have taken the car twice to the garage to find out why the battery keeps on running low if the car is left idle for a couple of weeks. The last time, the garage replaced a low-beam switch, changed the battery and checked the alternator. When I get in the car and start it, there is often a "clickety" sound that comes either from the driver's door or from under the dash board. Has anyone experienced similar "symptoms"? (and, if so, have they found a solution?)
  • kandgkandg Posts: 53
    Agree with scanty, most likely culprit is a worn out u-joint in the two piece driveshaft. Replacement one piece runs about $120 + $50 for labor. Very common replacement on higher mileage/aged Z32's. Just google "one piece driveshaft z32" and the various places that sell it will come up. If you can turn a wrench, estimate about 2 hours if you know what you're doing.
  • Can someone tell me where I can buy a really great clutch
    kit for my 1991 300zx twin turbo. I just puchased a "Center
    Force Dual Friction kit for almost $700.00 and it has started to slip with lest than 16,000 miles of normal driving. I'm looking for a kit that has smooth engagement, long life, and no slipping for at lease 80,000 miles or more. Please help. I'm willing pay a little more to get a
    kit really gets the job done. jazpiano Seattle,WA. :mad:
  • have a 90 300zx no turbo, need to repl factory mufflers. Prefer to go with a stainless system, but don't want to go any louder than factory - any suggestions?
  • I have a '92 300zx na, 48k miles, white/tan coupe. Had similar issue & had to replace the driveshaft - I really got ripped... found out later it could have been done by re-doing the universal jts for about $300 or so.
  • I've had two mid-80s 300ZXs. Both had vacuum leaks at the vacuum accumulator located above and behind the right headlight. The hoses split at the accumulator fittings, which are plastic, so be careful. There are three hoses: one is engine vacuum source, one goes to the heater/air-conditioner assembly, and the third goes to the hot water valve.
    This can be the easy fix.
    If this doesn't work, a cheap fix is to tie-wrap the vacuum-operated hot water control valve near the firewall. Tie it in the retracted (closed) position to shut off the hot water. Re-open it in the winter. Yes, a crude fix, but might be better than paying a dealer $800.
  • need to know in my 92 300zx i have the 3.0 none turbo. the lower end is shot so i found a tt motor will it bolt up to my trans?
    :confuse:
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Posts: 4,188
    Based on the excellent experience I've had with my '88, in terms of quality, reliability, and driving satisfaction, I feel the '84-'89 generation of 300 ZXs deserves more recognition. This is particularly true when one considers what was available in the '80s.
  • My 92 non turbo Z needs a new clutch and i was wondering whats hot on the market. I want it to be a stage 2. I have seen a few that sparked my interest. Has anybody heard of Gripforce F1 clutches? You can also E-mail me. If you know clutches please help.
  • my nissan turbo 300 zx has a bad gas problem...if u think u can help me please i beg of u email me ... sekceyangel@hotmail.com .. i need to fix it and i don't understand the problem :sick:
  • my 300zx needs a new right rear end muffler. I have been trying to find a actual OEM part replacement for it and couldn't able to find one. There are lots of online retailer's selling "Bosal" Muffler for $155. According to the dealer the original nissan muffler cost around $350. I really need some help in finding a store where I can by the original mufflers. The left side is the original and as good as new. This is the second time the right one has blew a hole on to itself. Can anyone recommend any after market stainless mufflers,which are the same same noise well as the original and in the same price range. Thank you very much for your help. The part number for Bosal is H5000-39863

1990 300zx 2 seater non-turbo

~ Em
  • alright. i have an 84 300zx and for the past two days i'll turn my headlights on and they flip open, turn on and turn RIGHT back off. does ANYONE have a problem with that also? or knows how to fix it. and i have a digital dash and my spedometer doesnt work half the time. it keeps going out. could that be a fuse? or is it more electrical? :mad: :confuse:
  • kandgkandg Posts: 53
    was there an issue with the vibration on your car? there was no reply message in the window
  • Go to 300zxclub.com, on the first page you will see a thread that you can download full manual. I did and then printed all 1262 pages then put in binder. Nice to have around.
  • I purchased a JDM engine to do a motor swap in my 1990 non-turbo 300zx 2+2. Do I need to use my old exhaust manifolds from my old engine or can I use the ones that came on JDM engine. They look Identicle to each other JDM's much cleaner and fewer miles,but I thought someone mentioned I would have to change if I was to purchase a JDM (this was b/4 i actually bought one).
  • Try a Genie exhaust, which is made in Australia. It use to be imported and sold by JWT, Jim Wolf Technologies. You probably have to buy used as I believe these sytems are no longer being imported.
  • A TT motor will fit the tranny, but it will take a lot of parts, work and time to get the TT motor to work in the car. Check out the information at www.twinturbo.net.
  • There are a ton of high quality aftermarket systems that can be had. Check out the information at www.twinturbo.net. Also check out www.specialtyz.com
  • rodan1rodan1 Posts: 1
    Looking to sell this 1984zx turbo 5speed that only has 11,000 original miles.
    It has been garage kept for show quality. Can I get some idea of its real value?
  • ClairesClaires Chicago areaPosts: 976
    Hi, rodan1,

While buying and selling aren't permitted in our Forums, you can get an idea of how much your car is worth at Edmunds.com's appraiser: What's Your Car Worth?

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• biddo85biddo85 Posts: 2
    hi all i own a 1984 300zx 2+2 5 speed and im having trouble with my heater core. does anyone know where i can get moulded carpet from because it seems no one makes them
  • biddo85biddo85 Posts: 2
    i had the same problem when i bought mine. i took it to an electrican and found ot that the prob is on your light switch in the car.what happens is the connections on the switch wear out so all you have to do is find the best connector and make that connection for both of your headlights to the one. the connectors are just behind your steering wheel.
  • I have a 1990 300zx 2+2 at . It has a miss fire more when it is cold it gets better when it warms up , but doesn't go away ,I was told it was #6 injector . How hard are they to R&R ? Also have serious vibration coming from center console area ? and several other problems . speedo cuts off when the car warms up and heater fan switch comes on at times then goes off . I had purchased the car at a very low cost , I have mech. skills but have never worked on a 300zx ? Can you help ?
  • jenny6jenny6 Posts: 4
    I own an 84 300zx with turbo. I've owned it for 3 yrs and it has run like a dream. I tried starting it and it wouldn't start so i jumped it. It flooded out really bad and ever since then it wouldn't start. I think i might have gotten water in my tank so i took out the fuel filter and it was a gooey green. I replaced that and it didn't help...my dad tried replacing the heads and sparkplugs but it still won't start. Does anyone have any tips they could give me?
  • kenji1kenji1 Posts: 1
    i have a 91 zx. im having a hard time finding an electrical problem with my car. when iam on the brake pedal everything is ok, but when i release it my parking lights come on. has anyone had this problem before.
  • My daughter has a 93 300ZX, and we are experiencing a
    problem every now and then with it starting. At times
    when she goes to start it, it stalls and
    dies....almost
    like it is sucking for air or gas. Then it starts
    normally on the second try.

On the road it drives perfectly, even to speeds of 85
    mph. This problem does not happen on every new start,
    but perhaps every 4th time. Then there are times that
    it will do this 2 or 3 times in a row.

I have changed the fuel filter thinking the fuel flow
    was restricted. I have changed the spark plugs,
    thinking that I may have a fowled plug or bad plug.
    The fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator check out OK
    as well.

Not knowing a lot about the temprement of these cars,
    I am lost on this starting problem. Can you give me
    any insight as to what I should look at? Any info
    would be great! I am even thinking it could be a
    computer board/chip problem as well.