Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan 300ZX

Comments

• Hello,
    I have a 1991 300zx N/A. my engine is bad and needs to be replaced so imp thinking of installing a twin turbo engine and trans from another 300zxtt.
    Can I do that? And if I can I want to install a bigger turbo any advice or recommendations???

Thanks for helping.
  • Ive been toying with a similar problem that you had with your 300zx. I was just curious if you found a solution to your problem because i have not. My car seems like it has a lack of power so i replaced the battery.. no good. Also i changed the fuel presssure regulator also no good. Do you have any suggestions Im running out of options n i would HATE to take to nissan.
  • sorry guys new to the site and cant figure out how to post a new question so i figured i would just reply to another and hope to get an answer. I have a 1994 300zx and am experiencing alot of steering wheel shaking at speeds over 60mph and during breaking, any idea what it may be. I just had the tires balanced about a month ago, is it possible the weight may have fallen off??
  • ts1508ts1508 Posts: 2
    I have a non turbo 92 350zx I spayed engine de-greaser and water on my motor today when I drove it a while later the motor started missing and had a loss of power it seems to to idle a little rough also. I think maybe I got somthing electrical wet maybe distribution system not really sure any help, suggestions, tips, or help would be great thanks
  • i got a 1984 300 zx non turbo and i cant get it to rev up past 2500 rpm. It idals good and runs great tell it gets to 2500 rpm then it seems like the fuel system suts down or somithing. was wondering if anyone can help thanks
  • Basically, the clutch is messed up. It was working fine up until it just stuck in place. I bleed the fluid and made sure there were no air pockets in the fluid line but that didnt work. Now the clutch bar acts like it has a suction in the line and no longer compresses. Help?
  • try cleaning the spark plugs.
  • ok i will try that tonight and get back with ya to let ya know if it worked tnx
  • I was curious if anyone knew if the engine bays of the
    300zx +2 and the 300zxTT were the same size. Because Im thinking of swapping a japanese 300zxTT into a 300zx +2 does anyone know if this is possible?
  • :( cleaning the spark plugs didnt work think it might be the cat
  • Hay i think it was the mass air flow senser what is the interchange on them. found some on ebay but need to know if a turbo and a N/A one will interchange
  • Mine cuts out at 2500 also Ive replaced MAF ,Fuel pump ,fuel filter.Air breather pulled cat.It idel real nice up to 2500 RPm :sick: link">
  • i need an engine wiring harness for my car anyone got any ideas
  • HELLO THIS IS NOW HAPPENING TO ME, I HAVE A 1990 TT 300ZX,
    I UPGRADED THE INTERCOOLER AND HARDPIPES, NOW THE CAR SMOKES ALOT SMELLS LIKE OIL, FRIEND TOLD ME THE CHANGES MUST HAVE CHANGE THE OIL SENSOR , I AM GOING TO HAVE ALL CHECK OUT BUT I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL APRIL..WHEN I AM WORKING
  • jabrojabro Posts: 1
    I usually check the local salvage yards for parts.
  • E bay motors under parts is where I find parts for mine
  • Where can I find paint number for my 1985 300zx turbo coupe? and how do I decode it? danny
  • I read in my car manual that if the oil psi gauge on the instrument panel goes below the normal range it can effect the engine badly, my oil psi gauge goes all the way to 0 (way below the normal range) after I drive it for about 10 minutes, does anyone know what causes this and what I can do to fix it? any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
  • ecu is in Limp mode or also called safe mode. Check your ECU codes and fix the problem reset your ECU and it will run fine ;)
  • jtsandejtsande Posts: 4
    Can just about guarantee (based on personal experience) that you have a bad oil pressure sending unit. I've replaced it twice on my 1990 300ZX when it exhibited the exact symptoms yo describe. It costs new around $100 and only takes 5-10 minutes to install.
  • I have an 300ZX turbo 5sp anniversry edition. I can not get it to start. I have good fuel flow. I have power going from the starter to the coil, but no power from the coil to the distributer. I swaped out the coil, no change. The car turns over, no spark. Is this a ECU problem?- I am really frustrated.
    Thanks
  • pballardpballard Posts: 1
    Does anybody no where fuel injector connectors or aftermarket wiring harness can be purchased?
  • chaise27chaise27 Posts: 1
    :lemon: Hello, im about to buy the car, but its "lost power" and the engine is knocking. the knocking gets louder with the RPM. Can anyone steer me right direction please? The trans is fine. :cry: image
  • 86_300z86_300z Posts: 1
    What exactly is the difference in a 2+2 and a regular 300?
  • traindrivertraindriver Posts: 328
    2+2 refers to the number of seats. Therefore a 2+2 has a small back seat for a total passenger capability of 4 people. The rear seats are OK for a child but are too small for an adult to ride comfortably. I am 5'10" and I could cram myself in there in an emergency but only for a few miles. A "regular" 300 only has a driver and a passenger seat. (I have an 86 300zx 2+2 non-turbo)
  • krisandkrisand Posts: 1
    I have a 1991 300ZX Turbo with BBS Wheels on it. I need to replace the front drivers side and am having no luck in locating. The information on the wheel is as follows:

numbers on the rim are BT 220 / 8J x 17H2 / ET35
    says "moda sport" on the rim, and just "moda" on the center

The only information I have been able to find out is that this was a private label made for Tire Rack.

If anyone could point me in any direction to try to find this wheel, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • unc123unc123 Posts: 1
    I want to buy a 300ZX. What should i pay? I used to have an automatic about 8 years ago. Now i am looking into a 93 twin turbo 5 speed with 65000 miles. Very clean, but what should i pay? Kelly Blue Book values the cra at only $8,000, but this guy wants 13,500?? What do they go for now? Is this a fair deal?
  • shaun420shaun420 Posts: 1
    i have a 84' 300zx 5spd 2+2(i wrecked it so body/frame no good motor just rebuilt)& also have a 89' 240 sx(body in good condition no engine) so my question is is it possible for me to put the motor and transmission from the 300zx into the 240sx????
  • tibal25tibal25 Posts: 1
    I am also looking for a 300ZX tt and feel that all these dealers want too much. As stated the blue book is around 8000 but 15K thats way too much for a 90-95 with almost 100K miles. Can someone assist me and tell me anything they may know about finding a zx TT! im located in Ma. Thanks Everyone!
  • schittonuschittonu Posts: 3
    300zxparts.com