Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Taurus X Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Personally, I hope you are wrong about my "very long wait" to get $3000 incentives. I am not sure what area you are in, but in my area (NYC metro), they are already offering $1500 rebates, and this is near the beginning of the model year.
  • bobw3bobw3 Posts: 2,997
    I think he said that it was $7300 below MSRP, not invoice. And he traded in a 1999 Caravan with 110,000 miles and got $4901.
  • selooseloo Posts: 606
    Understand, about $4900 below invoice.

Looks like he did okay on the trade.
  • I am about to close on an '08 Taurus X AWD Limited, with DVD, Power Moonroof, Chrome Wheels, Limited Conv. package, Satellite Radio and Limited Wood package. I am looking at a lease payment of $452 month, for a 39 month, 36,000 mile lease. This is based off of an x-plan price of $33,267 with a $1000 rebate (I think I could get another $500). Any thoughts out there on wether or not this is a good deal. I am located in NY.
  • I have to comment again on my first road trip...great ride. Went through the mountians of W Va and Pa. Smooth transmission, plenty of pick up.

seloo.....sorry I didn't put up the right calculation...I hadn't read all the previous threads to see the formulary being used to base the bottom line upon.

Not sure how my numbers stack up to all the others, but I'm very pleased. This was my first "all on my own" car purchase.

And this "he" is a "she" ;)

My husband has always done the dealing, and I think I did well for my first time out the gate.
    Post your best deal in terms of below invoice price: Please include any extra fees and discuss your trade if you had one.

07 Freestyle $4900 below invoice.

08 T-X $600 below invoice. (We should have some better deals on this car)

Good Luck.
    You did very well! Congrats on your purchase.
  • "07 Freestyle $4900 below invoice."

"08 T-X $600 below invoice."

I find both of these extremely unlikely. Someone is posting misinformation.
    Actually, with the rebates, and the fact that the new TaurusX is on the lots, I'm not surprised by the$4900 below invoice just so the dealer can clear the lot of an old Freestyle.

Plus they have $1000 cash back on the Taurus X too.
  • I am about to close on an '08 Taurus X AWD Limited, with DVD, Power Moonroof, Chrome Wheels, Limited Conv. package, Satellite Radio and Limited Wood package. I am looking at a lease payment of $452 month, for a 39 month, 36,000 mile lease, no CAP reduction, taxes, fees, title upfront. This is based off of an x-plan price of $33,267 with a $1000 rebate (I think I could get another $500). Any thoughts out there on whether or not this is a good deal? I am located in NY.
  • The rebate is between Ford Motor and the buyer. The dealer merely passes it along, but it doesn't come out of their end of the deal. If you buy a car for $250 over invoice, and there is a $1,000 rebate from the manufacturer, you are still paying $250 over invoice as far as the dealer is concerned. It is misleading to then say that you paid $750 below invoice when in fact you did not.
    But if the invoice is $26,000 and you paid $25,500 then you DID pay $500 under invoice, but if you're posting this information you should just indicate that it included a $1000 factory rebate. Whether or not the dealer gained or lost $500 on the deal doesn't change the fact that the buyer bought the car for $500 under invoice.
  • Eddie Bauer Package w/ Aux climate controll, heated seats, back up sensor. Black w/ tan interior

Purchased 10/12/07 Silver Spring MD

List $30,155 + 750 Dest. = 30,905
    Invoice $28.193
    Less $1,500 rebate
    Paid $26,693 + 750 Dest. = 27,443

My X replaces a totaled '01 Escape :sick: . This is a nice daddy mobile, not too station wagon like. The EB package makes the X much more, well manly :) The first tank of gas netted me around 17.5 mpg, not bad since most of the driving was city/suburban stop and go. When I first filled her up and reset the computer, I was up to 30 mpg on a 20 mile stretch of interstate...I can't wait to get her out on a nice long trip.
  • I am about to close on an '08 Taurus X AWD Limited, with DVD, Power Moonroof, Chrome Wheels, Limited Conv. package, Satellite Radio and Limited Wood package. I am looking at a lease payment of $452 month, for a 39 month, 36,000 mile lease. No CAP cost, taxes, title and fees paid upfront. This is based off of an x-plan price of $33,267 with a $1000 rebate (I think I could get another $500). Any thoughts out there on whether or not this is a good deal. I am located in NY.
  • tim156tim156 Posts: 308
    I don't know about the X discounts, but I paid $6000 below MSRP last March on an 07 SEL, power package, convenience group and moonroof. MSRP price $29060, I paid $23060. I know that's not invoice price, but it was too deep a discount to pass up
    Can you provide some more details concerning your deal.

Based on the options you provided, I am having a hard time matching your numbers to the Edmunds site.

Also please provide information on any extra fees you paid for this car. Did you have a another car to trade?

Thanks
  • EB base price $28,970
    Aux climate 650
    heated seats 240
    reverse sensing 295
    Total 30,155
    Dest charge 750
    MSRP 30,905

The invoice price is from the Ford web site. I used the search dealer inventory option and it listed the invoice price for my X. If that was the true invoice price, I don't know, I didn't check it against Edmunds site.

I did not trade in my Escape, it was totaled before I got a chance to go through that fun process with the dealer. I do know that I got a lot more from the insurance company than I would have if I traded it in. I financed it privately so I did not use FMCO. The only extra fee I paid was the $100 dealer fee that Maryland allows the dealerships to add. The dealer did fill up the car with a tank of gas and I got a couple of years of free oil changes.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions....
  • "The invoice price is from the Ford web site."

Huh??? Since when does Ford give out invoice prices on it's web site?
    Did you see the dealer's invoice?

Look at the Edmunds' site:

Your base price is about $1K below the Edmunds base price.

Aux climate is right.

Heated seats are standard (unless it is the 2nd row).

Reverse sensing is also standard.

Strange?

Using the Edmunds' numbers (base + aux + des)28,902 - $1,500 (rebate) + $100 (fee) = $27,502 which is very close to your final number. ???
  • Every day my friend. Have you every used the ford website to look at the dealer's inventory? If you click on a car it will give you a pop up on the side that gives you the vehicle info, window sticker, cash back offers, get an internet price and invoice. It is all right there.

Let me know if you see it, you may have to allow pop ups for this website....
  • I am not sure about your info but per ford's website, heated seats are optional on the eb package....

Well, I am off to enjoy a nice ride in my X...beer fest time. Designated driver of course :(
    Current Update

Post your best deal in terms of below invoice price:

07 Freestyle $4900 below invoice.

08 T-X $1400 below invoice.

Good Luck.
  • Yes friend, I have probably used that website longer than yourself, and have used every feature that is available there. I say again.. there are no invoice prices given out on fordvehicles.com. At least not where I live. Perhaps local dealers do not want Ford sharing this info here.
    http://www51.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/Dispatch.jsp?__action=&__action2=&.Curr- entState=SearchServiceZipCode&DispatchBindingSet=zipcode&zipCode=45401&processZi- pCode=ToVLS&statetoken=

I just checked and if you click on the buttons to search a local dealer and select a specific car, they list the total invoice cost. If you click on the word "Total Invoice" a pop up appears stating,
    "Total Invoice:
    Total Invoice is the amount that Ford Motor Company charges its dealer for a vehicle. Total Invoice may not represent the actual dealer cost, as there are holdbacks, floor plan financing assistance, dealer advertising fund fees, shipping, and charges for gasoline that may be included in the total invoice. Additionally, there may be future rebates, allowances, discounts, and incentive awards provided from Ford Motor Company to the dealer. This data is provided for informational purposes only and actual pricing information "
  • Hmmmnn... I don't believe that "Total Invoice" is an available option where I happen to live. I can see everything else that has been mentioned when I click on a vehicle.. but not that. It must only be in certain markets that Ford is experimenting with this.
    I actually tried a couple of different zip codes, and some give Total Invoice while others don't.
  • I just wanted to give independent confirmation that I am also able to see the invoice price on Ford's website.
  • Apparently.. it's up to the dealers in a particular area as to whether or not this information is shared with the public over fordvehicles.com. No dice in my area.
    It's actually pretty smart for the dealers to post it, since there already are a number of websites you can go to get the information. Since it isn't secret, by posting it the dealer indicate a sense of openness and honesty.
  • Granted, I'm very new to this forum, but I'm picking up quite a bit of hostility from a poster or two.....the last two deals listed ( mine included) have been called out and one poster actually came out and said that basically we had to be lying because these deals couldn't be right...then a pissin match over invoice price from another person getting a deal..

Am I missing something.is there some sort of prize at stake that has people's blood pressure up, or are some people just argumentative.....

I must tell you.I was a bit offended by people questioning my deal simply because I hadn't read over 300 posts to know what information to put out there............then another person posted that they highly doubted the veracity of the deal..................huh???

Why would I lie.........I'm very excited about my new car and my first big deal and I am admittedly a new member here and I'm met with a bit of hostility......what's up with that?

Do I need to scan the freakin paperwork from the dealership?

just let me know......I'm not used to having people doubt my word, in person or online......basically I'm really trying to figure where it's coming from.....

sheesh :confuse:

p.s....I just noticed this came up as a reply to bobw3.............this is not directed at him.other forums I use allows you to hit the reply button on the last message to carry on the thread...my bad
This discussion has been closed.