Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Taurus X Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,906
    Actually... this is the Freestyle board... we just re-named it... ;)

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I traded a Dodge Grand Caravan 1999 with 110,000 miles. The van was in pretty nice shape.
  • Seloo,
    Thanks, I think I worked a pretty good deal as well. It took about 6 weeks of negotiating, using very helpful information gathered at Edmunds and other sources to bargain with.

I had determined early on that because the Freestyle is being renamed the Taurus X there was no reason for me to take the huge hit in depreciation. Normally I wouldn't want a car that was being discontinued, but my thoughts on it are that Ford is counting on this vehicle and the 500/Taurus to rejuvinate Ford's sales, so it's safe to say that if Ford is banking on this vehicle, so can I.

The price of a used '07 is approx. 23,000, so that's a steep drop for a car in the same year of release. And as I said before , it's because of the name change, but all the same, I didn't want to eat the difference. I waited until the '08's were being paraded on the lots and just kept working the deal.

I think they gave me the deal just to get rid of me ;)
  • selooseloo Posts: 606
    Okay, not including your trade, and adding in any extra fees, how much under invoice was this deal?

Please post the numbers. Thanks.
    Post your best deal in terms of below invoice price:

07 Freestyle ???? below invoice. There should be some extremely good deals on this car.

08 T-X $600 below invoice.

Good Luck.
  • Ford's added an additional $500 cash incentive (can't be combined with financing incentives), at least for my region. So X-Plan purchasers who do not opt for special financing should be able to get it for over $1000 below invoice.
  • Seems like there aren't many being purchased, judging by the lack of postings!

The Taurus X is on my "short list" of vehicles that I am considering for my next auto purchase. Top safety pick, roomy, good value (especially since I am eligible for X Plan pricing). If this board is a barometer of sales, I guess we should expect $3000+ incentives in the coming months. I think I am going to hold out for $3000 cash back PLUS 0% financing on top of my X Plan price.
  • seloo.new to this forum.sorry about not having all the paperwork right in front of me.just got back from my first road trip (great drive, btw)

here's the breakdown

Car has pretty much every feature except electric pedals, DVD player and Nav

original MSRP 31,295.00
    my price 23,995.00
    trade in 4,901.00
    transfer fee 279.00
    sales tax 572.90
    LTT 55.00
    total cash price 20,000.00 out the door

7300.00 below MSRP

Found another Freestyle about 20 minutes away that was 6000.00 below MSRP. Both cars had comparable features. Liked the color better, but not enough to pay 1300.00 more.

Don't know if it's because I live in an isolated area, but at the end of the year you can really get great deals..I guess there's not enough traffic compared to larger metro areas.
  • "I think I am going to hold out for $3000 cash back PLUS 0% financing on top of my X Plan price."

I think you may have a very long wait. The "X" has started to sell in my area.
    $4900 below invoice

$4000 worth of combined factory to dealer and factory to customer incentives.

Is this correct?

Please refresh me, how did you do on the trade?

Thanks
  • Personally, I hope you are wrong about my "very long wait" to get $3000 incentives. I am not sure what area you are in, but in my area (NYC metro), they are already offering $1500 rebates, and this is near the beginning of the model year.
  • bobw3bobw3 Posts: 2,997
    I think he said that it was $7300 below MSRP, not invoice. And he traded in a 1999 Caravan with 110,000 miles and got $4901.
    Understand, about $4900 below invoice.

Looks like he did okay on the trade.
  • I am about to close on an '08 Taurus X AWD Limited, with DVD, Power Moonroof, Chrome Wheels, Limited Conv. package, Satellite Radio and Limited Wood package. I am looking at a lease payment of $452 month, for a 39 month, 36,000 mile lease. This is based off of an x-plan price of $33,267 with a $1000 rebate (I think I could get another $500). Any thoughts out there on wether or not this is a good deal. I am located in NY.
  • I have to comment again on my first road trip...great ride. Went through the mountians of W Va and Pa. Smooth transmission, plenty of pick up.

seloo.....sorry I didn't put up the right calculation...I hadn't read all the previous threads to see the formulary being used to base the bottom line upon.

Not sure how my numbers stack up to all the others, but I'm very pleased. This was my first "all on my own" car purchase.

And this "he" is a "she" ;)

My husband has always done the dealing, and I think I did well for my first time out the gate.
    Post your best deal in terms of below invoice price: Please include any extra fees and discuss your trade if you had one.

07 Freestyle $4900 below invoice.

08 T-X $600 below invoice. (We should have some better deals on this car)

Good Luck.
    You did very well! Congrats on your purchase.
  • "07 Freestyle $4900 below invoice."

"08 T-X $600 below invoice."

I find both of these extremely unlikely. Someone is posting misinformation.
  • bobw3bobw3 Posts: 2,997
    Actually, with the rebates, and the fact that the new TaurusX is on the lots, I'm not surprised by the$4900 below invoice just so the dealer can clear the lot of an old Freestyle.

Plus they have $1000 cash back on the Taurus X too.
  • I am about to close on an '08 Taurus X AWD Limited, with DVD, Power Moonroof, Chrome Wheels, Limited Conv. package, Satellite Radio and Limited Wood package. I am looking at a lease payment of $452 month, for a 39 month, 36,000 mile lease, no CAP reduction, taxes, fees, title upfront. This is based off of an x-plan price of $33,267 with a $1000 rebate (I think I could get another $500). Any thoughts out there on whether or not this is a good deal? I am located in NY.