Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Taurus X Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• selooseloo Posts: 606
    Ford Sales continue to decline!

The only product that has improved sales is the Edge.

More incentives should be available on the TX soon!
  • djkm1djkm1 Posts: 11
    Price Paid for Eddie Bauer FWD TX
    Merlot FWD w/ following: moonroof, aux climate control, nav system, power lift gate, sirrus, heated seats, 18" chrome wheels, reverse sensing, 2nd row floor console, DVD. I was quoted at one dealer at 500 below invoice. My original dealer was able to knock off another $500 by utilizing the X-Plan.

Breakdown of pricing
    X-Plan Merlot FWD w/ above stated options $33591
    Less Customer Rebate (1500)
    Less X-Plan Rebate (1000)
    Subtotal $31091

Not too bad. My experience was very good, no pressure, no urgency. I shopped two different stores, one strictly over the internet (the 500 below invoice cost). That experience was easy as well. They gave me 500 below invoice. I did tell them that I knew what the holdback price. Maybe that is why I got no resistance but I will never know for sure.

The Finance manager tried to sell me the Premium Maintenance Plan and the extended service plan. I said no thanks. He asked me why I declined and I stated that I could get the extended service plan over the internet for half of the cost I could get it from the dealer. He then pulled out a binder with what he said were all of the Ford extended plan prices that were available on the net. He then offered me 10% below internet price. I told him I needed to think about it. He said that his offer was good until the end of February and he would appreciate my business. I'll think about this and shop around. Any suggestions on companies? And is the Premium Maintenance plan a good investment? Thanks
  • bobw3bobw3 Posts: 2,997
    Depends on how much you normally spend on oil changes?
  • Breakdown of pricing
    X-Plan Merlot FWD w/ above stated options $33591
    Subtotal $31091

What is this X-Plan rebate that you are talking about? I am purchasing using the X-Plan and I haven't heard anything about an X-Plan rebate. Can you post information about this rebate so I can use it for my deal? Thanks!
    Looks like you might have a good deal on your hands.

What is the final price below invoice (including rebates and extra fees, but not TL&L)?

As for the ESP, 10% is nothing, I am thinking 35-50% is a okay deal. There is usually 80-100% profit in this product. Becareful, there are several different programs with different deductables, so comparing can be tricky. It is a good program, I used it several years ago and it paid for itself 5 fold, I would only consider the premium coverage.

Good Luck!
    Humblecoder,

Breakdown of pricing
    X-Plan 2008 Merlot FWD w/ above stated options $33591
    Subtotal $31091

I bought my car the end of January, and the XPlan rebate must be on top of the general public $1500 cash rebate. I did not inquire of my dealer if there was a X Plan additional rebate, he just informed me there was. He was trying to beat the $500 below invoice that a competing dealer was offering me.

I am looking at the dealer invoice which I received from my dealer and it states the following:

Date Invoice Prepared: 08/09/07

Total Holdback: 1068
    Invoice Total: 33651
    A & Z Plan: 32291
    D Plan: 32391
    X Plan: 33591

Goodluck.
    Seloo,

I was able to negotiate $2000 below invoice ( $1500 cash back from Ford, and another $500 from holdback)

With X Plan I was able to get a total of $2500 below invoice. ($1500 cash back from Ford, and $1000 cash back for X Plan).
    Did you pay any extra fees on this deal?

Thanks
    I was told there was a $75 procesing fee for the XPlan, but if I was charged it was not a line item on my invoice, so I assume it was absorbed into the invoice cost of the vehicle cost.
    It should have been listed on the sales sheet.

Please double check your sales sheet to insure they did not slip any extra fees on the deal.

It looks like your deal is $2425 under invoice. Good job, you did not leave much money on the table!
    Post your best deal in terms of below invoice price:

07 Freestyle $4900 below invoice. (Any of these left on the market?)

08 T-X $2425 below invoice. (New Post)

As part of your car deal question all extra fees the are not paid to the local and state Govt at TT&L and avoid add-ons!

Keep your trade (if you have one) and financing separate from the cost of the car.

There are a lot of people on this site that are willing to assist you.
    08 T-X $2425 below invoice. (New Post)
    You might want to note that this was an X-Plan sale.
    X-Plan:

"Happy New Year everyone! I've got 8 new pins this year for anyone that's interested in a Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar or Land Rover product. This is great way to buy a car because there's virtually no haggling at all."

Note the message above from the net, as you can see a X-plan PIN is not hard to come by. In fact, I have heard of some dealers willing to provide PINs to customers to make a sale. I can get one from my home town dealer!

Many times, depending on the rebates from the factory to the dealership or customer, you can beat normal X-Plan deals!

I think our friend djkm1, did an outstanding job with his deal!

With Ford's declining sales, we may see TXs at $3K below invoice soon!

Good luck to all.
    X-Plan is for immediate family members of Ford employees. If people want to try to use illegal pins then go for it...once the paperwork clears and they find out that you have no affiliation to Ford you'll get a bill for the difference up to MSRP.

And since djkm1 used the Xplan, that alone gave him invoice price, plus his $2500 in rebates = $2500 under invoice that he paid. Anyone walking into the dealer with X-plan pin would have got the exact same deal, so while it's a good deal, it's the starndard price anyone would pay. So I'm unclear on your comment that he did an "outstanding job" on the deal with those rebates and the X-plan.
  • X-Plan is for immediate family members of Ford employees. If people want to try to use illegal pins then go for it...once the paperwork clears and they find out that you have no affiliation to Ford you'll get a bill for the difference up to MSRP.

I think you are confusing X-Plan with A-Plan. A-Plan is a pricing plan for Ford employees and immediate family members.

X-Plan is for friends of Ford employees, employees of selected business partners, as well as members of certain organizations. Ford allows its employees to give out a certain number of PINs per year to their friends. There are several forums on the web where people can request unused PINs from Ford employees. These PINs are perfectly "legal" and users of these PINs should not be afraid to use them. I believe Ford even encourages this since it is a form of grassroots marketing.

I am eligible for X-Plan because I work for a company that is one of Ford's suppliers, so I can request up to two PINs per year. However, unlike Ford employees, I am not allowed to give them away (so don't ask! :) ).

Did you get the extra $1K on your deal?
  • "Anyone walking into the dealer with X-plan pin would have got the exact same deal, so while it's a good deal, it's the standard price anyone would pay."

I am not sure if your statement is correct.

The other members of the board using the X-Plan did not report such a savings. In fact, they asked our friend how he was able to get such a good deal.

By "other members of the board" you mean me, since I was the only one who asked. :)

In this case, I think seloo is right. I checked the X-Plan web site as well as several other sources, and as far as I can tell, there is no special $1000 X-Plan rebate offered by Ford on top of the normal incentives.

My guess is that the $1000 "rebate" is just a discount that the dealer gave the original poster to help close the deal. When I bought my previous Ford vehicle, I bought one off the lot using X-Plan. I was undecided over buying the vehicle since it had some additional options that I wasn't interested in. In order to get me to buy it , the dealer offered to discount the vehicle over and beyond the X-Plan price. They didn't call it a rebate, though. They just called it a discount. :)
  • Did you get the extra $1K on your deal?

My deal is X-Plan price minus any incentives/rebates in effect at the time of delivery. So if this $1K X-Plan rebate is a real manufacturer's rebate (see my previous post), and if it is still in effect in March when I take delivery, then yes, I will get it.

I'll let you know in a few weeks!
    I hope you get it! Please let us know.
  • ..... and maybe quite a few more that got thrown out with the trash, inadvertently...

Stay on topic... This discussion is about pricing, not about each other.. If you think I'm only referring to the other guy, you would be wrong..

Thanks,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs