Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Taurus X Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi swampdragon. I see that you have an excellent idea of how leasing works. You're right, chances are that the Ford Taurus X will have lower residual values than a similar Honda or Toyota. This vehicle's lease payment will vary depending upon what its MSRP and selling price are. I can make some assumptions and work up a sample lease payment on one for you to give you an idea of what to expect. I will base the lease on a 2008 Ford Taurus X SEL 2WD that has an MSRP of $27,830 and a selling price of $24,492 ($500 over invoice minus $1,750 lease cash). According to my calculations. if you were to lease this vehicle through Ford Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $380.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • selooseloo Posts: 606
    Another really slow month, did anyone close a deal?

Post your best deal in terms of below invoice price:

07 Freestyle $4900 below invoice. (Any of these left on the market?)

08 T-X $2425 below invoice. (X-Plan Deal) Currently, there is $2K customer cash/Factory to Dealer cash ??? and I understand $2K from the X plan.

With those discounts one would hope to see deals at $4K under invoice.

As always, question all extra fees the are not paid to the local and state Govt at TT&L and avoid add-ons!

Keep your trade (if you have one) and financing separate from the car deal.

There are a lot of people on this site that are willing to assist you.

Good Luck!
  • samminsammin Posts: 39
    Hi Carman-

I'm planning on leasing a pretty much fully loaded Ford Flex Limited...any early indications on resid/money factors from Ford?

Thanks
    Hi sammin. Ford hasn't published anything yet. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Car_man
    Host
  • peetertpeetert Posts: 124
    May pull the trigger on a new TX by the end of the month. I will be using the XPlan and I see a 2k in Factory Cash. Anything Else?

Thanks

Peeter
    Peeter,

This car has some really slow sales numbers. I am not sure if you prefer the 0% financing or the cash rebates, you will have to do the numbers to see which is better for your situation. Is the $2K rebate still available with the XPlan?

If you do not need a car today, I would really push for a deep deep discount well below invoice and on top of any rebates. The factory is doing all it can to help the dealers move cars, but you will need bid very low to find out how much assistance is being provided.

Good Luck!
  • peetertpeetert Posts: 124
    Thanks for the reply.

Our original plan was to purchase in Sept. to get one more summer out of the Windstar, and hopefully get some good discounts on leftovers. However, the wife's parents buying a new car has piqued her interest and we have now started actively looking again. She had tested a Freestyle last year and liked it, and the TX still remains the top choice over the CX9 and Tribeca. We are going to look at an XC90 in the next couple of days and that may change ( we already have an s70 and this would make our 4th Volvo).

If the deals are there, we'll buy, otherwise, were content to wait.

So, should I look for a price below the XPlan and rebate to start?

Thanks
  • bobw3bobw3 Posts: 2,997
    I'd not even mention that you're buying with the X-Plan, because you may be able to do a lot better just negotiating on your own. You could always go to one dealer to get an X-Plan price, then go to another dealer and see what you can get without the X-Plan, since the X-Plan is a sure thing.
    Look again!

Ford's Website: Brought to you by: Atlanta District Ford Dealers

Offer Details:
    With up to $5,000 Cash Back, Now's a Great Time to Get into the Safest Seven-Passenger Crossover in America!*

1 "$1,500 Customer Cash + $3,000 Owner Loyalty Cash + $500 Ford Credit Bonus Cash. Owner Loyalty Cash available to customers that currently own or lease a 1998 or newer Ford car, SUV, or truck through F-550 and purchase a new 2008 Taurus X. Offer not available on Red Carpet Lease or with Lease Renewal Cash. Proof of ownership required. Trade-in not required. Ford Credit Bonus Cash requires Ford Credit financing. Not all buyers will qualify. Residency restrictions apply. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 9/2/2008. See dealer for qualifications and complete details. *Based on both NHTSA five-star crash-test rating and, with optional electronic stability control, IIHS Top Safety Pick. Star ratings are part of the U.S. Dept. of Transportation's Safercar.gov Program (www.safercar.gov)."

*2 Offer available to current owners of '98 or newer Ford vehicles with valid proof of ownership. Trade-in not required. Not available on Red Carpet Lease. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 7/31/2008. See dealer for complete details.

Confirmed with the Ford dealer today $5K off! We were talking about at least $5.5K below the invoice price likey more, but a Ford Program Car maybe even a better deal.

Prices are very soft on Ford Products!

It was just extended to 9/2/08!
  • nj1kcnj1kc Posts: 1
    Purchased the Taurus X SEL, with AWD at the end of June, so it was prior to these discounts. Had a couple of options-SEL 1, rear back up sensors, leather, sirius, microsoft sync, Listed $32400. Purchased for $27,000. No trade in. On the other hand Ive seen Nissan discounting uo to 40% off on their trucks so perhaps I could have gone lower but was out of a car and needed this. Very nice crossover, wife liked how it handles.
  • We just picked up an 08' Taurus X SEL FWD, with leather, SYNC, SEL Interior Convenience and Power Packages, 50/50 3rd row, and Sirius for $26,400 inc freight - about $2k under invoice. (I would have received an additional $500 off if I had used Ford Credit, but got a better rate elsewhere.)

(Dealer was Apple Ford in Columbia, MD. Nice people to deal with, although still a little pushy on all the high-profit dealer add-ons like undercoating, paint protection etc.)
  • holm100holm100 Posts: 11
    Can you tell me the current money factor and residual on the Taurus Limited and Sel models?
    Thanks
    Hi holm100. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this vehicle for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Ford Taurus Limited or SEL with 15,000 miles per year are 4.0% and an extremely unattractive 39%, respectively.

As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, that was an exactly correct assumption. Are you suggesting that this is not currently a good lease choice. Is there a better Ford option?
  • if there is $5k in money out there why aren't people paying invoice minus $5k, or better? do you have to own another ford product (which we do), and if not you can only get around $2k below invoice?
    Hey holm100. Ford's lease program on the Edge appears to be much more attractive than its program on the Taurus X right now. If I was going to lease a Ford product, that is probably the direction that I would go.

Car_man
    Host
    Can you tell me what the money rate and residual are for the Edge?
    I have a friend in the business. He tells me not to purchase a new TX even at $5-6K below invoice. Many new models have been on the lot for 250+ days. This car is not selling well, its overall deprecation is extremely high, and it is scheduled to be deleted from Ford's line-up.

On the other hand, he claims that deals can be found on slightly used models, but you need to be very informed (understanding wholesale pricing) and savvy buyer or you will pay too much. Prices are extremely soft on this car!

The TX is not a bad car, it just cannot compete with the other crossover models.

Good Luck!
  • A local Ford dealer here in Minnesota is advertising the TX at $12,000 off of list. This apparently includes a $2,000 owners loyalty bonus. The other details were not listed in the ad, but this almost seems too good to be true. If so, one should be able to get a brand new TX for well under $20,000. At this price I don't understand why they aren't flying off of the lots. The TX is a really great family vehicle.

- Chad
  • If that is true, I'd fly from Texas and come and get a new one. Which dealer and then I'll do my homework.......
This discussion has been closed.