Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Taurus X Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

1363738394042»

Comments

• joes11joes11 Posts: 8
    I just got a quote on a taurus X eddie bauer awd for 28,500 + tax tags and freight. I counter offered for 28k otd and the guy seemed to get really upset and said no one can sell it at that price and the best he can sell that car for is $32,900 otd. Mind you it has an MSRP of 35k.

what do you all think??

thanks
  • jsedlockjsedlock Posts: 5
    Hi,

Just got a 2008 TX Limited. Traded in an 07 Freestyle. Liked the FS so much we wanted to get a new TX before they were all gone. However, I had to get the chrome wheels and my wife just hates them. I have 300 miles on the car. Anyone interested in purchasing? Anyone have an idea where i can get the standard 18 inch painted wheels? Any help appreciated.
    what is everyone getting mpg wise on their taurus x awd. I am getting a pretty bad 13.5 mpg around town just running five minute errands back and forth. Is this common?
  • larryqwlarryqw Posts: 52
    I have a Taurus X Limited FWD. I can get mileage anywhere from 0 MPG (idling) to 29 MPG going 60 MPH on a flat freeway.

Five minute errands are the worst for gas usage. I find my mileage drops tremendously when the engine is cold. It almost pays to drive faster when you first start to get it warmer quicker (but no high RPMs when cold for longer life).

Taking my kids to school and errands around town is the worst. Lots of idling, the engine is cold, lots of starts and stops. In a week at home doing nothing but kid shuttle I got under 15 MPG one week. So what you say makes sense. This type of driving is where Hybrids excel.

In my work commute, which is 70% freeway, I get ~23 MPG average. Last week I started on the highway and had 27.1 MPG indicated after 40 miles. But then I hit the residential area, and with lights, stops, and starts, the average MPG quickly dropped down to my usual 23 MPG.

On some occasions, like vacation trips when I'm just doing freeway and being very careful, I can get over 26 MPG, but that's rare.
    Ok, That makes sense. The 5 minute errand guzzles the fuel. I just bought the car and the mpg was the biggest drawback for me. but it seems the mpg is the same as most mini-vans so....what are you gonna do? i just drove a 30 minute trip 70% highway and i ended up back in my driveway with an average of 23mpg...which is pretty good. But all last week with no freeway it was definitely down around 13-14mpg. I guess i didn't pay attention to what i got on my old subaru as much.

thanks for the reply!
  • Do you any update on wholesale prices for Oct-Nov for Taurus X?
    I am looking into purchasing 2009 Ltd and would appreciate average wholesale prices for this model. This would help me to negotiate reasonable retail price.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.