Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi R8

2»

Comments

• wale_bate1wale_bate1 Posts: 1,986
    Gee, thanks a lot, bud! ;)

Red one I've seen in older promo shots, but I notice it isn't on the "microsite". S'okay. My thought is that if you feel you have to buy a car like that in red, you're compenstaing somethin' fierce...

Nice post, Merc.
  • merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    Yeah red is a little garish for such a car. Audis are so rich in details and their interiors are the best going IMO:

Such an alluring car no matter what part of it you focus on:

M
  • Went to the Chicago Auto show and saw the R8 in person.

What a hot car!! Mid Engine, lots of carbon fiber...

Super Hot... here are a few photos.

http://www.taxicabs.com/autoshow/chicago2007/Audi/R8/index.html

Just click the photo to advance to the next one.
  • cartitanscartitans Posts: 1
    Seen one live at my local Audi dealer... get close to it, kneel down and watch the car from behind... one of the nicest things you'll ever see :)

Michael
    Webmaster - Supercar wallpapers and car videos on CarTitans.com
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    Any1 lucky here got a R8 it is a beauty :surprise:
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    I had one out on-track with us at Pocono Raceway last weekend at a local NASA HPDE. Very nice tone and overall great almost-super-car.

-mike
  • DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE HIGH-PITCHED WHINING SOUND THAT IS HEARD IN THE ENGINE BAY WHEN THE DRIVERS DOOR OR ENGINE BAY LID IS OPENED. IT ONLY OCCURS AFTER THE VEHICLE SETS FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. THANKS.

R8SELMA
  • dloopdloop Posts: 2
    This seems like a total waste. What's the point? They already own Lamborghini, why would you make an Audi to compete with it? I predict that this is just another Pheaton in the making. People rightly concluded that it was stupid to buy a Pheaton when you could have an A8. Likewise, it would be stupid to buy an $200K+ R8 when you could have a Gallardo.
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Posts: 1,752
    I visited my local Audi dealer today and posed them the question:

"Are there any difference in how customer service is handled for owners of R8 .vs. A4 Avant ? (differences in loaner policy, warranty thoroughness, etc)"

The sales rep, one of the dealer's long termers, told me the service is exactly the same.

Uh...
    We're talking a $200,000 vehicle .vs. a $50,000 vehicle; A 4:1 price difference. And the service the $200,000 vehicle owner gets is the same ???
    I would assume the service department would at least try a little harder for R8 owners, especially if (as this dealer told me) customers are now waiting over a year just to __purchase__ one.

Also, has any R8 owner posting here had experience with their R8's in winter weather?
    Or is the R8 really intended for moderate climates?
  • relidtmrelidtm Posts: 1
    A gallardo is 200k +... a r8 v10 is 143k.... ? explain your logic?
  • I'd take the R8 over a lambo anyday.
  • Look at a Rossion Q1. Faster quarter mile times, faster through the slalom. Much lighter. >1.1Gs. Much less expensive. Pretty car. Much lower maintenance costs.
  • That is just BS that R8 customers are treated the same way A4 customers are treated. When I had my 5,000 mile service done they provide me with a new Audi demo car. Any time I want to get my car hand washed they do it no charge. I have the General Managers cell number and home number. If something goes wrong I can call him at any time. I also have an A8L. They always provide me with either an A8 or A6 loaner vehicle, not the Enterprise Chev that A4 owners get as a loaner. I never have to wait for service on my vehicles.

There are special factory trainer service people for the R8. They are the only ones that are allowed to work on the R8. These are the best of the best. I had an electrical short that could not be found. Audi AG sent a technician in from Germany to find the problem. It took two men two days to find the problem, but they did find it. Do you think they would do this on an A4?

R8 owners are treated like Royalty, something I do not get from the office. :blush:
  • I agree. Much nicer looking car. Chick magnet. Dosen't look like a kit car. I have heard one on the road and it has a much nicer exaust note than the Lambo.
  • maramaralulamaramaralula Los AngelesPosts: 1

IF I have 500k, i would buy the audi R8 and a 300k house... not a logic everyone will accept. But after getting the chance to drive it for a weekend, it is definitely worth it!

2»