Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Ridgeline Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bmariebmarie Posts: 5
    where did u purchase sounds great
  • bmariebmarie Posts: 5
    wow great info where did u purchase? i feel like a sitting duck as a woman buying 4 my son. im in so cal. any other advice?
  • meginksmeginks Posts: 1
    I just got a Ridgeline RTS (blue!) for $26,400 + ttl from Frank Ancona Honda in Olathe, KS. Just found out there's a new financing deal from Honda, too. 4.9%, 5.9%, or 6.9% financing from Honda, depending on your credit score, starting today. I feel pretty good about my deal. What do you all think?
  • cccompsoncccompson Posts: 2,388
    $26,400 seems like a high price for an RTS unless Honda is no longer offering a $2000 incentive to dealers.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    I just priced an RT on the edmunds site and it had no incentives listed, so if that was an advertised incentive, it seems it is gone for now.

--jjf
    26,400 seems like a high price for an RTS unless Honda is no longer offering a $2000 incentive to dealers.
  • adcat13adcat13 Posts: 2
    I just found a 2006 RTL w/pwr sun roof "demo" with ~ 2800 miles.
    The dealer is offering it at dealer invoice price 29,916 with a few small options such as bug guard at 10% off making the total cost $30,236

Comments/opinions.... is this an acceptable price??
    The dealer indicated that they usually sell vehicles at 1000-1200 over invoice....

I will also be requesting that a class III hitch and roof rake be added.

Thanks for any comments or opinions you may have.
    Current discussions put you car at 27500? (about 500 under invoice with the current 2000 dealer incentive still in force. (The consensus seems to be that it is) For an excellent price. You can read the thread here to verify. The 2800 mi Alone should be another $500+ off the price. If the $2000 is still in force (should be for remaining 2006's?)the price you quote seems to be nothing to write home about.

--jjf

"I just found a 2006 RTL w/pwr sun roof "demo" with ~ 2800 miles.
    The dealer is offering it at dealer invoice price 29,916 with a few small options such as bug guard at 10% off making the total cost $30,236 "
    The 07 RTX (base RT special edition) seems to have alloy wheels and the vaunted ($780) trailer hitch for $500 over current leftover 06 RT's. (But dealers making no deals yet)

Figure the good news is that I don't think the $28800 price (or RTL, etc prices) are sustainable any more than the 06's and we may soon be seeing some good deals (advertised 2000 dealer cash, unadvertised cash) once the 07s get rolling. Vehicles this size may never be as popular again with expensive gas.(except for masochists like us)

--jjf
  • illini7illini7 Posts: 19
    I received an internet quote from St. Louis Honda last week for $28,200 (Includes $550 Destination) for an '06 RTL. Thought I would pass it on because it seemed like a great deal.
  • illini7illini7 Posts: 19
    Sorry, I put the wrong price in there. The $28,200 was for a Pilot EXL. The Ridgeline RTL price was $27,300.
  • Hey illini7, I'm in St. Louis too and getting quotes for Ridgelines, preferably the RTS. One dealer has 5 RTS models in stock (3 Silver, 2 Black). They gave me a quote on $25,600, but I'm hoping to do better with all the info I've gathered here. Does anyone think this is a good deal? Mind you, it qualifies for the 2.9% interest rate for 3 years. I would still like to get it for a $1000 less (say, $24,500) as I'm hearing about quotes like that in New England where I work.

Also, the $2000 dealer cash still appears to be in affect, however, I'm curious if it's been increased...

Thanks,
    okii_atama
  • kimohhkimohh Posts: 5
    Bought a 2007 RTL w/ Navi from Koons of Manassas VA 31 July 06 for 33508 (including destination). Paid a bit more than TMV but the buying experience more than made up for any extra I maight have paid. Contacted their internet rep via phone around 4pm, got a quote via e-mail, he met me at the door of the dealership around 8pm, and I was out of there by 930pm. All Koons reps were courteous and professional far above and beyond the performance I have seen from other area Honda sales reps and managers. While I was quoted lower prices from two other dealers, both turned me off with their customer service--it does count.
    Honda Pilot depreciates about 10k from MSRP first year. Not enough data on Ridgeline but will probably be the same. You want 5k off 07s and 6K off 06s to make these prices competitive with Frontier, Tacoma etc.

May have to wait a few months to get this or better on 07s but they are getting more numerous,not less ... unlike 06s no hurry on them unless you are horseless.

Google myhondawarranty on the net. Numerous individuals have mentioned getting much better prices on Honda Hondacare warranties on the web than the best they could negotiate from dealer at sale. Sacucci Honda seems a good bet. Going price for 8yr/120k is around $1000 and down from there for lower coverage. Seems you must do this before you put 6000 mi on the car. Check it out. believe it is transferable too.

Best if you get 10-15 competitive quotes last week of the month. Helpful if you are flexible on colors/options.

Getting good at anything requires study:

1)Go to fightingchance.com. Get Bragg's kit (emailed) on your car, maybe buy his book. ($34.00 and well worth it)This should help you before EOM. Apply his recommendations at the end of the month.

2)Go to library or Amazon (may be updated) and read the classic (1981)"Don't get taken every time" by Remar Sutton. Been in the car sales business and it is the most accurate description I've read. Fun read too.

Do this and you will know more than 99% of new car buyers out there. (95% of salesmen too there is a hi washout rate) Do your studying and learn how to buy a car for life. :)
  • adcat13adcat13 Posts: 2
    Congratulations!!!
    I also just purchased at Saratoga Honda (up state NY) on 8/9 a RTL (without Navi) at 30,490 (3000 off msrp) w/ accessories = roof rack, trailer hitch & wire harness, mus flaps, under seat storage, and MR? visor at 1250 add on including tax! I decided on the Aberdeen Gerren - love it :)

I tend to be someone that keeps a vehicle (if i like it) for ~~~ 10 yrs..... therefore considering the Honda extenda warraentee (gaurenteed money back if not used)... any comments????
  • trp77trp77 Posts: 2
    Hey Guys,

Wanted to get a quick opinion on a 2006 RT, that I was able to get them down to $23500, with the special financing rate.

I haven't checked this forum in a bit, so I don't know how this compares. This is in the Midwest market.

I would like to get back to them soon either way - I appreciate any help for advice.
    TR
  • footerfooter Posts: 32
    Sounds like a really good price to me TR! I'd say GO FOR IT! You'll love the truck. I'm in the Midwest market too although I got an '06 RTL back in March for about $1000 under invoice which I thought was a pretty good deal at the time. Sounds like you're getting well under that ...

I wonder how many '06s are left now that the '07s are out?

Good luck! :)
  • Hi, in the Boston area, bought from a large dealership one of the few last new 06 RT's left on the lot. ~$22,500 (incl dest), plus $380 in doc fees, title, registration, plates to get out the door at $22880. Did not incl the MA 5% sales tax in this number. Did not finance. No trade. Internet sales guy was the efficient way in. A little upsell attempt by the F/I Mngr. They would not budge on the doc fees. And would accept my request for accessories discounted at 50%. This sale happened during the weekend over Labor Day holiday. This dealer throws in 10 yrs of inspection stickers ($29/yr), if you go. Took about 2 hrs. But I think I could have gotten a better price (a couple of hundred), if I shopped earlier in August, as there was more inventory, and I could play more dealers off each other for the business, based on my experience of buying my Accord not from this dealership but one north of Boston. Did not see any $2000 cash back offer mentioned in this thread in KBB or Edmunds anymore.

Strange thing, the F/I mngr whipped thru the upsell sheet (useless markup items such as ext warranty, scotch guard, etc.), but wanted us to sign a waiver. She said it was to help them from lawsuit, b/c the dealer may be inconsistent in how they sell (treat) different customers. Sounds goofy, like who would be offended b/c they weren't offered scotch guard. On 2nd thought after, I should have not signed it...geez, it's not like a mortgage application. :confuse:

Other generic advice: read the front and back of everything b4 you sign, and cross out anything you don't like. And do all the math out before hand, and go over it again slowly...even if you look clumsy with the calculator. Ask for the Internet mngr to total up the out the door price and to break it down and email it. We were prepared to walk if the deal soured. We also sold our truck by ourselves, thus eliminating the trade-in negotiations, which never go in the buyers' favor. Although I emailed 6-7 honda dealers here only 2 or 3 responded, and only 1 responded with 06 availability. A dealer with 07 RT was pitching it at around invoice.

Hope this info is helpful, b/c i thought the advice in this thread was for me. :shades:
  • lab88lab88 Posts: 24
    We are in the market for a Ridgeline right now. We missed the 2000 of the '06's, even though we heard about the deal, because we just weren't ready to commit to the Ridgeline. Plus, I was waiting for the '07 in Black Cherry Pearl.

There is nothing wrong with the current vehicle. We think we're going to wait it out and see if they come out with some incentives on these vehicles. We looked at Ford's Sport Trac, and while we are still waiting for the Ridgeline, Ford is desperate to sell and will knock a ton off their trucks. I've never had a dealer beg me to just let them make me a deal, and I've done a lot of car shopping.

What's the opinion on waiting? Do people really think they'll be offering incentives on the 07's? We want to change over before the snow starts falling.
  • Review my message # 12481 in accord prices paid discussion for resources to buy/read on how to buy a car. Hit 15-20 dealers now or end of next month with bid solicitations. 2 or 3 is not enough.

Ridgeline wholesales about $10000 off list the 1st year, so you want about 5-6k off to make economic sense. Even 1200 under invoice is by no means giving it away.

Most manufacturers have hidden incentives in addition to occasional advertised incentives or rebates (they give it up gratis) nowadays so you really have to put a substantial # of dealers into a competitive bidding situation to smoke em out. (Honda's are usually unadvertised ) With the 10k+ depreciation issue there the incentives are here now, or soon will be.

In my opinion RL is a much better vehicle than the sportrac.

--jjf

We are in the market for a Ridgeline right now. We missed the 2000 of the '06's, even though we heard about the deal, because we just weren't ready to commit to the Ridgeline. Plus, I was waiting for the '07 in Black Cherry Pearl.

There is nothing wrong with the current vehicle. We think we're going to wait it out and see if they come out with some incentives on these vehicles. We looked at Ford's Sport Trac, and while we are still waiting for the Ridgeline, Ford is desperate to sell and will knock a ton off their trucks. I've never had a dealer beg me to just let them make me a deal, and I've done a lot of car shopping.

What's the opinion on waiting? Do people really think they'll be offering incentives on the 07's? We want to change over before the snow starts falling.
  • suv5suv5 Posts: 4
    Can anyone tell me what this truck is selling for in So. Calif.? We want the 2006 RTL w/ Navi.
    Thanks.
    Not many of these 06's left. Look at my message 537 and follow from there for an 07.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf

Can anyone tell me what this truck is selling for in So. Calif.? We want the 2006 RTL w/ Navi.
    Thanks.
  • suv5suv5 Posts: 4
    Can anyone share what they paid for an '07 RTL w/ Navi in the Southern Calif. area?
    Go to ridgelineownersclub.com and peruse the prices paid forum. Most are paying about 3000 off msrp for an 07. Many were paying about 5000-6k off about 5-9 months after the 06 intro.

Since the vehicle depreciates about 10k from list the first year, personally I would want more than 3k off.

--jjf
  • In my experience, in a cash deal, a $3,000 discount is the samllest to which you should agree on a 2007. $3,500 is more like it if you are trading or financing.
  • ' my experience, in a cash deal, a $3,000 discount is the samllest to which you should agree on a 2007. $3,500 is more like it if you are trading or financing.'

I am assuming you believe that if one pays cash for a car they can negotiate a better deal? Nothing can be further from the truth. The dealer gets paid whether you pay him in cash but he gets paid more if they are able to finance the car for you. So the reality is that the dealer might rather have you finance the car through their F&I person and secure the perks and benefits associated with such a deal.
  • 2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL with Leather and Navigation system (model#YK1657KNW)
    With all standard equipment. MSRP-$35,535 and they offer it for Nice Price: $32,053

*Expires 7 days after quote
    *Prices not valid after months end.
    *Price valid for in stock vehicles only.

or
    2007 Honda Ridgeline RT (model#YK1627EW)
    with all standard equipment.
    MSRP: $28,395

Nicer Price: $25,637

would you thing this is a good price , need your comment
    The RL wholesales about 10k from list 1st year, so the prices you post (around invoice) have one eating about $7000 in depreciation year one (yucky).

Go to ridgelineownersclub.com and the prices paid forum. 6000 off msrp was not uncommon the 06 models and the scenery probably hasn't changed for the 07s. Many incentives (especially with honda) are unadvertised dealer cash and you have to smoke um out. Go to my membername jimf on this forum and read my posts there.

--jjf
  • I'm all for getting the best price possible, but you're comparing "wholesales" pricing with 'dealer' pricing.

Assuming you can sell a used Ridgeline 'private party' over selling to a wholeseller, I think the deal that infinity38 was looking at might have a $4k depreciation in the first year which is pretty typical imo.

With that said I'm going to assume that since no one is posting here of late, that Ridgeline sales are slow to dead.
    hmmm Is that factory to dealer cash I'm smelling? ;)
    That is a big assumption. Getting anywhere near private party is hard with $8000 cars much less $20000 cars. For normal consumer market autos, in this price range, wholesaling it to a dealer is almost the only choice. Most need financing (hi interest) which dealers can provide and greatly expand the pool of buyers.

--jjf

Assuming you can sell a used Ridgeline 'private party' over selling to a wholeseller, I think the deal that infinity38 was looking at imo.
    might have a $4k depreciation in the first year which is pretty typical
  • if you look at any of the on-line sites for used cars you will find very few used Ridgelines to chose from. There's only one that I can find in the SF Bay Area.

I've been in search of a used Pilot and can testify that most in my area are asking and getting above 'private party' pricing according to Edmunds. It's safe to say the Pilot holds it's value pretty well. As for the Ridgeline that's hard to tell with the exception of the early buyers who paid WAY to much at MSRP or anywhere close to MSRP.