Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Ridgeline Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• centralcalcentralcal Posts: 215
    What did you like about the Ridgeline over the Frontier or visa versa. I have an LE CC 4X4 and love it, but Ridgeline looks appealing (well, I don't like the looks, but the rest of it) with some features that sound very nice.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Posts: 2,882
    $1K below MSRP is the best I've heard so far, so it is a really good price. But only you can answer the question, is it woth $4K more than the Nissan.

IMHO, the Ridgeline is over priced when compared to the competition. I priced out a Tundra 8 cyl, 2WD, crew cab, leather, auto, sports package at $2-$3K less than a Ridgline.
  • In regards to the Ridgeline I thought advantages it had for me were. Ride with the independent rear suspension. The tailgate and bed trunk. Interior quality and room in the front.

The Nissan had in my opinion the better engine(I have a 98 Pathfinder and my wife has a 2001 Maxima and both V6 engines have been great), ultitrack, more towing power. But what really gives it an advantage is price and what you get for it.

I compared the LE versus the RTS, but even in that trim I get body side mouldings, roof rack, towing package and other things for 3-4K less. If price didn't matter, the Ridgeline would be first. I am going to test drive them one more time and then decide.

Tough choice, of course my wife is getting tired of hearing about it so she won't mind it if I pay more for the ridgeline :-)
  • centralcalcentralcal Posts: 215
    You may check insurance costs. Mine is much higher than I expected. Also, don't know what people are reporting for real life mpg, but i am at 16.5 with 70% Freeway (at about 75 mph) and 30% town. 87 octane. All of this may make the cost advantage disappear the longer you keep the truck.
  • gearhead1gearhead1 Posts: 408
    "compared the LE versus the RTS, but even in that trim I get body side mouldings, roof rack, towing package and other things for 3-4K less. If price didn't matter, the Ridgeline would be first."

I went through the same thing (price vs what I really wanted) it's a tough call, but I felt even sicker spending 26,500 on a taco, and knowinig it wasn't really what I wanted compared to the Ridgeline. My wife is definitly glad we waited for the ridgeline. She's in love with it.
  • Which car dealer and state?
    I am in MD. A honda dealer in MD is willing to sell me a Ridgeline RT-L with bed extender, moonroof and running boards out the door for $34,000. Not sure if this is a good price? thanks....
  • The dealers here are sticking at invoice but will drop the destination fee. I guess it is actually 500 under invoice.
    The residual value on a RTL with moonroof and Nav through Honda financing for 36 months seems to be around 21,700.
    Honda gives low finance % (1.9, 2.9)on all their vehicles except for this one now. Dealers are quoting me 5.9, I am hoping that changes to increase sales before I make the purchase in a few weeks.

Calculating a 36 month lease I come up with
    4000 down, 445 a month.
    I have an installed options price list from a dealer and here is the cost of the options I want to add.

Roofrack 386 (although I am not sure if the moonroof deflector will help to eliminate wind noise over the rack, I need the rack and love the moonroof.

moonroof visor 128

Running boards 508

Bed extender 302

Basically, to lease the above vehicle, it should be around 475 for 36 months with resid again at 21,700

I am going to purchase mine this way.
    If I am to buy and get a 1 % lower rate, I will have to go five years. The total cost with finance charges will be around 40,000 with payments in the $600 range (estimate.) The lease will run me $39,000 (that is purchasing really) but if you calculate refinancing the residual, then the total will be about 41,000 over 5 years.

Here is how I look at it. Every vehicle I leased, I could buy at the end of the term lower then the residual. They would rather sell you the car a little cheaper then play the auction game.

I am betting that my total purchase using the lease/purchase method will be substantially cheaper at the end. I also will have protection if it turns out to be junk or didn't suit my needs anymore. I could then end the lease, and turn it in.
    The most likely thing will be that the new ridglines for 08 or 09 will be out and will be substantially upgraded. This will drop the market for the 06 and I may actually get the residual purchase in the upper teens.

Anyway you slice it, it is darn expensive but there comes a time in everyones life when they just have to bite the bullet!
  • I paid the RT MSRP in SE Wisconsin for an RTS, so $27,700 plus shipping for the RTS. That's almost 2400 off MSRP for the RTS. Of course, we had an email from the dealer saying they had the RT in stock, so come on in. Then we hear, "there are none available, but how about the RTS." Things got a bit ugly, and the dealer decided to sell us the RTS for the RT sticker price (what I was prepared to do anyway). I left pretty happy despite the ugliness. It occurred to me after the sale that it could have qualified as a bait and switch? So that may have helped with the negotiations.
    At any rate, the truck is excellent. We chose it primarily for the safety features and versatility. I have a 7 month old, and like the added security that all the AWD, suspension, and traction control features offer. No other truck offers anything similar. I've owned a pickup for the past 15 years, but now need something that is more family friendly, not an SUV, and still allows me to keep my testosterone levels up.
    Wow, I think you paid pretty close to invoice. They must have been afraid of something.
  • I went to test ride the Nissan LE and the Ridgeline one last time. The Honda salesman got to $1500 under MSRP. I think that is a fair price for what you get.

After driving the Nissan this afternoon, I liked it, but I loved the Ridgeline. I think I am going to buy the RTS. I need to sell my wife's Maxima but I should not have a problem with that.

The Honda just rides nicer. It is roomier on the inside, better quality interior materials.

And for me, the in bed trunk is very useful. So I am going to put a deposit down on a Blue RTS. The salesman said they trade with other dealers and may be able to locate one. If not, they have one coming in mid April. Hopefully we can time it with selling the Maxima.

I prefer to not say the dealers name, I think the two local guys don't like each other and I don't want to cause the guy who gave me a good deal any problems. But I can say it is in the Northeast.
  • 5553543255535432 Posts: 150
    Bobber 123,

Here is how I look at it. Every vehicle I leased, I could buy at the end of the term lower then the residual. They would rather sell you the car a little cheaper then play the auction game.

---

Glad to hear that some people see the wisdom of leasing too.I do agree though that leasing has its inherent disadvantages. Bobber123, I'm gonna bet you that the Honda delear will sell you that leased vehicle lower than the residual rather than gamble on getting more money by playing the auction game which they may loose if the car sits on the lot long and the new IMPROVED, perhaps hybrid RIDGELINES come out.

For some people who dismiss the gas issue. Try imagining just 5 years ( not 10)of truck ownership and a dollar increase per year on gas.$ 2.00 for year 05, 3 for year 06 and $7.00 by the year 2010.Lets say 12,000 miles / year divided by 18 mpg = 666.6 gallons x $7.00/gallon = $ 4,666 / year, your out of your pocket cost to let your V6 trucks run. If you think $4,666 is overblown try, a modest estimate by dividing it in 2 thats still $2,333 year.

How about if you drive 15,000 miles/year thats gonna cost you $5,833 (high end estimate, $2916 low ball figuer. Fat chance you can sell your trucks at predicted residuals with gas at $7.00 gallon even if it's a Ridgeline or Tacoma.Truck ownership is still affordable now but for how long. Hope you have taken to heart the cost of ownership of trucks 5 years down the road.Hope you have contingency plans if you didn't lease on how to make the most in resale of a $30,000 truck if gas prices would indeed hit the roof, and most people are buying gas thrifty cars.

Anyways congratulations to truck owners who got their Ridgelines below MSRP.Can't believe that price changes are already taking place and it's been only the 20th day since the Ridgeline debuted. Come the last days of spring and more gas price hikes these babies prices will come down even more.So folks wait a month or two, imagine what you can do with $2,000-$3000 in your pocket.
  • boxskyboxsky Posts: 7
    In my area almost all Honda's are selling near MSRP. Odyessy, Pilots, Ridgelines. You can get deals on the CRV about 1000 and the Accords, Civis are up for grabs.
    So MSRP here is not bad for a vechicle in demand. You want a top rated manufactor and model you'll have to pay. Look at the van it's been out for years and here they are hard to find and haven't seen anyone get a deal.
    I bought the Ridgeline @ MSRP and it's been 2 weeks and 1100 miles and have been very happy. I would never pay over MSRP and on ebay people are. I would wait first or go out of state.
    I'd like to see the paperwork. Frankly I think you are lying. What dealer would discount a new model 20 days out when out there people are paying MSRP over. Even in Detroit I don't see it. I know that employees of Honda are not able to get a Ridgeline unless they pay MSRP. So I doubt you could.
    Yes, 1,500 under MSRP on this new vehicle seems a little doubtful. How long was it on the lot? My dealer here sold 5 in the first week. I didn't even try to dicker and paid MSRP.

Of course I paid Invoice years ago on a hot Toyota simply because one dealer hated the ohter dealer and wanted to take the sale from him. sales is all psychology. Sometimes It's more satisfying to screw somebody than make money.
  • bamacarbamacar Posts: 749
    Wow, where are you? In Atlanta, you can get Pilots at 700 under INVOICE, Odysseys 1000-1500 under MSRP, and CRVs 300 under INVOICE. I think the Ridgeline will be at 1000 over invoice by Fall and at invoice by next year at this time.

Frontiers can be had at invoice and Tacomas 500-1000 over invoice and they just came out also.
    Hi Bamacar,

First of all my apologies to our Host, sorry I forgot that their should be no contact info. in the post.

To people who doubted that the prices of Ridgelines are shooting down let me show you this edited add.

Landmark Honda
    Alexandria, Virginia

$2,000 Off All In Stock 2005 Odyssey's

2005 Pilot's Starting at: $27,550.00 NOW $23,999.00

2006 Ridgeline's Starting at: $27,700.00 NOW $26,700.00

Within 21 days, the Ridgelines price plummet to $ 1000 less.Maybe a bait and switch tactic but a sure sign of good times to come for truck enthusiast.With the alledge gas price increase of 30-50 cents this spring those prices are gonna go down some more, so wait just a little bit, $3000 in savings aint pocket change, kind of free gas for a year and a half. For folks with lots of dough go to your truck delears asap and debulk your fat wallets.

Have a good day patient folks, $3000 in savings is $3000 divided $2.5/gallon (now)=1200 gallons x 18 mpg= Gasoline free 21,000 miles.
    I'm in Eastern PA. At 2 dealers they had no Pilots in stock and the ones coming in were not my choice of color or package. The Ridgelines were there 3 in stock and one was being used my the GM. 3 sold but all were on order because of color or package. They had the one I wanted anyway so I bought it.
    It's very hard to get a Honda at invoice in this area. Ford, Chevy, GM they give away and Nissan has fallen lately so they are up for grabs. Toyota will deal. Hondas for some reason here don't make the deals.
    People lie when it comes to how mcuh something cost. If we were talking about their wife's wedding ring they'd be sing the song it cost 20k but the Ridgeline only cost them 15K. :)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,239
    All people that say they paid less than you are liars?

Thanks for your input....

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• aspesisteveaspesisteve Posts: 833
    all in stock - says the add in my local San Jose paper.

IMO this niche vehicle will not be a big seller for Honda. Knocking off $1,000 off MSRP this early in the ball game is a sign of what's to come -
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    Were moved to the main Honda Ridgeline discussion so we can keep this one strictly about Prices Paid & Buying Experiences.

Thanks!
    Hey gals and guys, check this out, its from a dealer who placed an add for Ridgelines at $1000 under msrp a week ago, its now $1500 in just a weeks time.Per computation of MD gas prices of $ 2.10, discount of $ 1,500 can get me 12,142 free miles.Free gas for one whole year aint bad.So Virginia folks check it out, as for me I would stick with my plan of waiting a few more months, who knows patience may save me not just $1500 but $3000.

Landmark Honda

Alexandria, Virginia

GAS PRICES TOO HIGH?
    Visit

LANDMARK HONDA

This Week-End, Take a Test Drive
    and Receive a Free Tank of Gas!!

The First 50 People on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and
    Monday Are Eligible**

See Why We Kick Down The Competition!!

(6) Ridgeline's In Stock At........... $1,500.00 Off MSRP!*

Savings Everywhere, So Take Some Time and Visit Us.
    APR as Low as 1.9%.

Landmark Honda
    Alexandria, Virginia
  • once_for_allonce_for_all Posts: 1,640
    that is good news. But, they may have loaded it up with roof rails, running boards, etc. etc and have tacked on $2500 in dealer add ons.

I get a bit cynical about advertisements, the dealers generally have a LOT of fine print costs to make the deal profitable for them. I don't have a problem with people making money. Let's hear from someone that actually bought one for $1500 under MSRP.

John
  • bpmpazbpmpaz Posts: 1
    Ride On,
    I got my red rt/l with sunroof on 3/23. I still want to yell at stupid drivers!
    Wow~ Lots of comps, lookers, and Toyota drivers who want to race. This vehicle is so nice
    I am going to take forever to get to the 4WD part.
    >>>>>>but I will!!!
    32640 plus tax, reg., and 1800 for the warr.
  • blue5blue5 Posts: 5
    where did you see this ad? At what dealership? I would like to notify the Ridgeline owners Club.

I bought mine 2 weeks ago at MSRP and thought it was a good deal.
  • I used the internet department at Jim White Honda in Maumee, OH and got $1200 off MSRP with no trouble. They had a limited supply but he told me that the price was good on any of them instock and on order. I thought he would try to jack me on the mud guards that were added to all of them but he just threw them in. I tried the same dealer a couple of weeks ago but I didn't use the Internet department first and got the run around from the saleman and no discount. I bought on Tuesday, red RTL.
    Congrats on your new truck,

A lil patience that pay off $1200, not bad at all.Any reactions from those who bought at MSRP?

Ridgeline deals are getting better everyday.My outrageous but very possible prediction; $2000 under msrp before March ends. I could be wrong, $2500 maybe?

P.S.

A co-worker got his blue metallic RTS from the Virginia delear $1500 under msrp.They do try to jack up the price of the options such that he only added wheelocks/mudguards and will get the options elsewhere.Patience is indeed not only a virtue but saves you a whole lot of dough.
    "Any reactions from those who bought at MSRP?"

When your spending 33,000 saving 1 to 2000 dollars is hardly significant, at least to me. I paid cash. I saved thousands on interest. They're moving them off the lot as fast as they get them in. There is no discount now in my area. I got the the color and package I wanted, and I'm driving it NOW.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Posts: 2,882
    " Any reactions from those who bought at MSRP? "

It's difficult to compare prices paid when in one location, there's competition and Honda dealers are discounting, and in another location cross country those same vehicles sell like hot cakes so dealers aren't discounting them. Just because someone in Orlando for example paid MSRP and someone in Detriot paid $1500, less doesn't mean either one wasn't a good deal.

Also, the entire terms of the purchase isn't being posted. They may have taken a killing on their trade or paid some extra dealer fees.
    Wow, you must be loaded.

I wonder how many people who bought their Ridgelines paid cash too and saved on interest. One in ten or is it one in a hundred.Any other forum members here who think $1000-$2000 is loose change? Whoever you are I envy you coz it takes me around 31.5 hours of hard hardwork to get paid $1000 bucks (gross).To future Ridgeline owners, pls ask yourself how many hours of hardwork does it take you to get you to at least $1000? How about $2000, maybe $3000? If its only a days work, then aint worth waiting for the prices to come down.
    When I got my 2003 Honda Pilot, I drove 150 (Ocean City MD) miles x 2 = 300 miles to get a deal $ 600 cheaper than the nearest competetion in MD. For a $3000 price difference I would drive from Orlando to Detroit, or fly then drive back home. I guess my expenses on hotel, gas and time wouldn't breached the $1000 mark.I know not everyone would agree that this cost cutting measure is worth it, but for folks who know the value of money this is a practical move.Or if I hate long drives which I don't I'll just wait for prices to drop as gas prices soar.