Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Ridgeline Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Dealer cash of $1500 cannot be used in conjunction with special APR.
  • I have been quoted the following on a Honda Ridgeline RT...please note that we live in Hawaii and on our island there is only 1 Honda Dealer....

Retail $32390 + fees (+Splash Guards $124 + Bed Extender $380)They said they would give it to me for $28395 + $342 for bed extender + fees.

They said the Residual Value on it would be $16185.15 and it would be a 36 month Lease, 12,000 miles, $4,000 down would be $421.30

I asked them "what are the Fees and what is the Lease Rent Charge" and they answered:

The price breakdown is 28737+ fees including the splash guards and the bed extender and the Destination fee. The only other fees would be the acquisition fee that Honda finance charges of 595 to start the lease And the wholesale taxes of 143.68, both of these are financed into the lease.

As for your second question regarding the rent charge, we refer to this as a money factor and based upon your Credit tier, the money factor is .285 (with the security deposit being waived). The monthly charge is 121.30 based upon The money factor.

From what I have read on other postings...this is really high even for Hawaii...how can I negotiate something better?

Thanks for ANY help!
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    With only one dealer to deal with... you may be screwed. $350 per month with 15000 mi and no money down would be a real good deal around here. With 4000 down if the monthly payment is 421 that would be around $540/mo equivalent.

I can't believe you can't finance this outright ($28737 for 48 months at 5- 7% is what? $650/mo?) With no mileage limitation or wear and tear on a direct purchase.

--jjf
  • I think that I will go ahead and just buy. With their .9% financing they have on offer right now it looks like the better deal than what I am being offered.

I am going to see if I can get an RT for under $25000 though. I will see what happens. Thanks. I thought the lease looked awful, I was not prepared to pay that AT ALL!

I might be interested in a Pilot too...so maybe they will give me an awesome deal.
  • what's it cost to ship a car from the main land to hawaii?

I gotta believe this dealer is exceeding the cost to ship.

If you know of someone who sends a container on a regular basis to Hawaii from the mainland, maybe you can work out a deal with him.
  • I should look into that. I need to look at the Forum for how much an RT is and what others have been paying for it in California.
  • Hello everyone...just got this offer. 2007 Certified used RTS with 2000 miles. Accessories added...chrome grill, rear mud flaps, and trailer hitch. Offer of $25,000. What does everyone think?
  • vrmvrm Posts: 301
    fyi-
    Honda has issued a recall for the Ridgeline. Buyer beware!
    Oh boy. I'm going to limit my selections to a manufacturer or production car that hasn't issued a recall. Or better yet, stick the consumer with the repair costs.

--jjf

fyi-
    Honda has issued a recall for the Ridgeline. Buyer beware!
  • gd113gd113 Posts: 114
    You must be kidding. Check out your F and GM's an DCXs for continuous recalls. Buyer shoud be aware.
  • johngf1johngf1 Posts: 37
    What is the nature of the recall? BTW - My buddy ordered a Cherry Ridgeline in January and it won't be ready until sometime in April. What's up? It must be the color - the only cherry model I've seen was at the golf Honda event.
    I read that Honda is recalling 160000 engines on Acuras, (several models) and Hondas (several models including the RL).

-jjf
  • footerfooter Posts: 32
    "...as many as 166,561 Hondas and Acuras..."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070320/AUTO01/703200370/1148-

You were pretty close! It's a fuel-pump relay.
  • ddownsddowns Posts: 3
    Purchased 2007 RTL for $27,800 in Portland Or. Called several dealers with a few willing to quote around $28,000 over the phone for RTL's. My purchase was invoice, minus dealer holdback, minus $2,000 dealer incentive. Dealer incentive on Ridgelines is advertised as good until the end of April. This may be a good time to buy. Looks like Honda is getting a little more aggressive about trying to reach the 50K goal for 2007 Ridgelines.
  • bucket1bucket1 Posts: 1
    Where did you find "Dealer holdback,& dealer incentive?" I've had dealer say that they have the incentive, but can't find any of the above printable from the net.

Thanks! Looking to buy this week, if I get as good as deal as you.

Tulsa, OK
  • I am looking into a RTL in DFW area. Anyone have information on a recent buy, I like to hear it from you...thanks in advance
    I think that the holdback is $650 and the incentive is on the net, I have seen it, but cannot recall the site. You may find more info. on the Ridgeline Owners Forum. The dealer offered the holdback amount when I mentioned that it needed to be part of the deal.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/
    From May thru June the incentives are $2500.
  • hartley64hartley64 Posts: 1
    Where did you get this information. I'd like to quote the source when I go to the dealer. Thanks.