Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Ridgeline Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• aspesisteveaspesisteve Posts: 833
    I've been watching for a decent deal on a used Ridgeline with little success. With the dealer incentives ($2,500 cash back from the factory), I can't see going used.

A 2007 RTX has an MSRP of 28,895; invoice is 26,228 including destination. If I can buy at invoice minus the $2,500 cash incentive (I'll concede the dealer hold back), I'm looking at $23,750 for a new Ridgeline RTX.

Anyone think that's unrealistic? Maybe wait till the last day of the month?
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    Check out my message 14394 in the Accord prices paid section for useful resources on how to buy a car.

Get 10-20 bids on an RTX and RTS (with hitch) from dealers within a radius of your home via email and the honda website last week of the month. OTD prices including stated tax, dealer and licence fees. Include your top 3 colors including billet silver, and the fact you are contacting 20 dealers. Give your cell #. See what happens and work the top 2-3 dealers offers against one another last few days of the month.

For some reason dealers seem to make better deals on the RTS than the lower models. (it may have a true markup that is higher or the RTX is a lower production vehicle) Don't concede the holdback as you want about 6k off these machines. The trailer hitch is about $500 or so installed.
    Mid to high 24s or so is not unrealistic for an RTS with hitch installed. If you are in the stix with not so many dealers within 200mi then you may have to compromise or wait till end of next month. Also get your financing in order as it makes little sense to save $800 on price and to give it away on poor financing.

Good luck
    --jjf
    jfritsch,

I live near many honda dealers (San Jose, Ca area); One dealer near me is advertising 0% interest for 36 months up to $15k financed. I'm not sure if this is a dealer promotion or offered throughout No. Calif.

Since the RTS would require a hitch added (for my purposes), wouldn't it need a tranny cooler as well? That package runs about $1,000 if so.

In any event, I'm familiar with your strategy and believe it's worth the effort.
    Nope, just a hitch and harness kit. Installed is about $500.
    The transmission cooler kit is for the Pilot trailering kit, which you may be thinking of. This is why the pilot hitch and harness runs $1200 on a good day. The 0% may be worth about $1500-2000 to you, compared to 7%.

Good Luck
    --jjf

jfritsch,

I live near many honda dealers (San Jose, Ca area); One dealer near me is advertising 0% interest for 36 months up to $15k financed. I'm not sure if this is a dealer promotion or offered throughout No. Calif.

Since the RTS would require a hitch added (for my purposes), wouldn't it need a tranny cooler as well? That package runs about $1,000 if so.

In any event, I'm familiar with your strategy and believe it's worth the effort.
    well if that's the case then I'd just install the hitch and harness myself. If it's as easy as the one I installed on my Pilot it's a no brainer - cost was $160 for a class 3 two inch hitch including harness.

thanks for the info.
  • rob87rob87 Posts: 10
    There hasn't been a post for over 1 month, so I guess hardly anyone's buying (gas prices and all).

I picked up a black RTS yesterday.

$24,907 including destination
    $65 to transfer plates
    $259 doc fee (ridiculous but they wouldn't negotiate)

I live in MA, so I had to pay a 5% sales tax.

All in all I feel pretty good about the deal.
    hey rob,

Did you get any attractive financing through Honda?

congrats on your new purchase.

I've been waiting to sell my current vehicle before buying and think I found a buyer today which has me excited to try something before the month is over.
    I believe that Honda do have good financing at the moment. You should find out if you can use it in conjunction with the $2500 dealer rebate. I think you probably can. I'm fortunate in that I was able to use my home equity line.

Good luck with the purchase. You should be able to get a great deal b4 the end of the month.
    anyone seen a two door Ridgeline?

I mentioned to a family member in France that I was considering a Ridgeline and he send me a URL with a pic of a two door Ridgeline.

http://www.cwwcardesign.com/cars/honda_ridgeline.html

Not that I'm interested, but it does have nicer lines than the 4 door imo.
    sent out a request for best pricing on a new '07 RTS Ridgeline last night to about 6-7 Honda Dealers within 50 miles of my home (San Jose, Ca).

I've got the standard reply from some with no pricing, some phone calls seeking to make an "appointment" and a three bids, one of which was an excellent no hassel bid.
    Here's the best deal I've seen so far:

'07 Ridgeline RTS
    Invoice $28,013
    price $25,286 + tax and license

keep in mind this includes $2,500 factory cash and about $150 of dealer hold back. Oh and it's the last day of the month all of which makes it very attractive.
    Go for it!!
    Bought a new '07 Ridgeline RTS today
    Larry Hopkins Honda in Sunnyvale, CA

they were true to their word and beat the lowest price out there by $100 and happened to be close to home so I'm happy.

$25,118 plus tax and registration

last day of the month + $2500 cash back definitely help grease the process - I had my cell phone ringing off the hook - could of worked it lower but felt the deal was fair and the dealership was true to their word.
    Congrats!! Great truck at a great price. How do you like it so far?
  • WONDERING WHAT THE MOST I SHOULD PAY FOR AN '08 RIDGELINE RTL WITH NAVIGATION? MSRP IS $35+K THIS DEALER IS TELLING ME $32k IS BEST HE CAN DO - not including tax/license/transfer. Not a good deal, huh? I don't know what I am doing and the more I read, the more confused I get!
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,657
    Well what are your options? Are there other Honda dealers you can cross-shop?

Bob
    The pilot and Ridgeline depreciate from list about 10k first year so you really want about 5-6k off. 6000 off list is doable for the 07's. Probably doable for the 08's in about 4-5 months. You are better off working a deal on an 07 as Honda dealers are good at working 3000 off MSRP deals for these cars at intro.

Email 10-20 dealers around for bids (with your color(S) and other requirements)end of month via the honda website for 07 and 08 models. After round 1 give out your cell #. Work the lowest 2 bids off one another.

Good Luck
    --jjf

WONDERING WHAT THE MOST I SHOULD PAY FOR AN '08 RIDGELINE RTL WITH NAVIGATION? MSRP IS $35+K THIS DEALER IS TELLING ME $32k IS BEST HE CAN DO - not including tax/license/transfer. Not a good deal, huh? I don't know what I am doing and the more I read, the more confused I get!
  • thanks! I will do just that - I am in a rural area without much around, but can do some driving for a good deal. Will let you know if anything works out.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    I hope you laughed at that dealer--the Ridgeline has $3500 factory-to-dealer cash right now. $6k off MSRP should be child's play.
  • phillseaphillsea Posts: 11
    I am down to two dealers right now in Northern Virginia about a 2007 RT and I have them under $22,000 (still have to add in taxes and tags). Still working them...